Cmca 2012/13

Brad Dolman was a very deserving winner last night 6 x 5 wicket hauls in a season is a magnificent achievement, then 6/50 off 30 overs in the Prelim!

Good luck to all teams this week.
Looking forward to joining Bunter in the commentary box on Saturday and Sunday!

Richo very stiff – A longy batting average of 125 and he still can get the chockies. Just goes to show what a season Dolman had so probably a fair result.

Brad Dolman’s 2012/13 season in Longmuir Shield:
Bowling: 12 games, 244 overs, 70 maidens, 46 wickets @ 13.52, SR 31.85, Economy 2.55, best 6/58
Batting: 12 games, 10 innings, 3 not outs, 160 runs @ 22.86, HS 37*
Not bad considering he was on his honeymooon during Round One.

Brad Dolman’s 2012/13 season in Longmuir Shield:
Bowling: 12 games, 244 overs, 70 maidens, 46 wickets @ 13.52, SR 31.85, Economy 2.55, best 6/58
Batting: 12 games, 10 innings, 3 not outs, 160 runs @ 22.86, HS 37*
Not bad considering he was on his honeymooon during Round One.

No doubt a super season. I can only wish I was that fit to bowl that amount of overs.;) Was there anyone who was unlucky to miss on team of year???

No doubt a super season. I can only wish I was that fit to bowl that amount of overs.;) Was there anyone who was unlucky to miss on team of year???

Think they nailed team of the year, obviously Park unlucky to be named 12th man, could have snuck into the 11 over De Silva, but all in all.. pretty solid!

Dr Squeak; any truth to the rumour Big Dogg Aust. will sponsor Southern fm on the weekend by awarding a Big Dogg hat & tee to the MOM as judged by the esteemed panel Jimmy O has put together?

Shiroman has also won the Longmuir Shield bowling average. Add this to his 350 runs.

Sometimes perception carries more weight than results. This seems to be in cricket more than other sports. The old chestnut about the team looks good on paper etc. Shiroman will have a higher profile next year, so his chance starts then.

My Spidey sense tells me that Carnegie South are going to do what they do best and bring home the Longy Flag to Lord Reserve. Go boys! I'll be cheering along, biting whats left of my fingernails, around the Packer boundary.

Nothing against Uniting, but I think Omega have been dominant all season and will bring home the Woolnough flag.

Can't wait for the weekend to start.

Preliminary Final Preview

Spiders over ANA just (I am officially on the Carnegie Sth bandwagon and I suspect they may find themselves at the 'big dance' for the first time in Longmuir History. Of course the key factor is how they will handle one of the competition's premier batsmen in Bill Biggs. I reckon' Biggsy almost holds the outcome of this contest on his own bat. If he gets 50 plus ANA probably win. I just feel that the disciplined bowling of Handley, Collison and Schleiger will choke ANA and force them into poor shot selection. Tommy Lewis and Gihan Perera may still have to make a reasonable contribution with the bat, but the Spiders and the best drilled unit in the competition and should just get home).

P/F Review

As expected, The Spiders got home, but only just. Cruising at 1 for 70 odd at the half way mark, dour bowling and over conservative batting got ANA back in the contest. Key wickets of Lewis and Gihan Perera after the break put The Royals right back in the contest. Epic spells from Dolman and Lee were choking the Carnegie middle order and some rash shots were played. The one mainstay was Kev Pereira who batted for well over 90 mins for his 25* and saw his team sneak home. Nothing in the game, great efforts from both sides and a typical low scoring final. Kudos to all involved!

Grand Final Preview

Uniting over Carn Sth comfortably (Whichever way one analyses this match, a Uniting win is the only logical conclusion. Too many guns in every facet of Cricket coupled with the pain of last year’s defeat to East Sandy still lingering, points to a huge Bentleigh win. However, prophecies such as this are often folly and The Spiders are sure to give their all. Schleiger, Handley, Noombie and co will bowl a disciplined line that will frustrate all bar the elite batsmen and because of this; I reckon a bet on Ash Russell and Glen Lalor for high bat would be a winning ticket. Tommy Lewis holds the key to the Spiders Batting and I reckon he’d have to make 70 plus for Carnegie to be a chance and they can ill afford to bat in their shells as this almost cost them against ANA. Should be a wonderful spectacle and full credit to the CMCA and WPCC for putting on a brunch for the Longy Clubs.

Good luck to all

Quasi

Like Quasi, can't tip against Uniting or Omega in Wooly, both teams well drilled, talented and hungry.
But we all know the David v Goliath contest of years ago and the Spiders have a few guys who are at least as profocient as David at chucking yoni's with reasonable accuracy and what a "Cinderella Story" it would be.
Congrats to Brad Dolman on a well deserved win, Simon and Biggsy equally excellent seasons. RDH must have known he was in trouble when he got put in the cheap seats.
Re.T.O.Y, a few unlucky inc. Shiroman, Kuzma, Dale Park, Brown - Brown and Shiroman got a few cheap second innings runs (both sub 30 averages) and got most of their wickets in two efforts and some of their stats came after games results were decided. Nuwan is a gun but I think by his own standards had a down year.
For interest, calling team for weekend consists of Missen, Fuller, McConchie, Gorrie, Schreier, Vorbach, Hammon, Pitt, Flahive and a couple of sneaky guests, hopefully we can make it worth listening to. Is available to anyone via the stream from the 88.3 website www.southernfm.com.au
Good luck to the teams and hoping it is a good hard clean fight.

Like Quasi, can't tip against Uniting or Omega in Wooly, both teams well drilled, talented and hungry.
But we all know the David v Goliath contest of years ago and the Spiders have a few guys who are at least as profocient as David at chucking yoni's with reasonable accuracy and what a "Cinderella Story" it would be.
Congrats to Brad Dolman on a well deserved win, Simon and Biggsy equally excellent seasons. RDH must have known he was in trouble when he got put in the cheap seats.
Re.T.O.Y, a few unlucky inc. Shiroman, Kuzma, Dale Park, Brown - Brown and Shiroman got a few cheap second innings runs (both sub 30 averages) and got most of their wickets in two efforts and some of their stats came after games results were decided. Nuwan is a gun but I think by his own standards had a down year.
For interest, calling team for weekend consists of Missen, Fuller, McConchie, Gorrie, Schreier, Vorbach, Hammon, Pitt, Flahive and a couple of sneaky guests, hopefully we can make it worth listening to. Is available to anyone via the stream from the 88.3 website www.southernfm.com.au
Good luck to the teams and hoping it is a good hard clean fight.

haha.. yeah a table further back than last year..
Combination of that and when i got no votes for a five fa.. :oops:

None the less, nobody can argue that Dolman was a very deserving winner!.

T.O.Y - Think they threw an extra all rounder in this year, you couldn't possibly pick somebody to miss out for Nuwan, even though he had a good year.

Just can't see spiders getting up, as well drilled as they are.. just far too many game winners for Uniting.

Richards, Russell, Manders, Lalor, Surridge :eek:

Hopefully its a close contest!
Good luck with the call boys!

haha.. yeah a table further back than last year..
Combination of that and when i got no votes for a five fa.. :oops:

None the less, nobody can argue that Dolman was a very deserving winner!.

T.O.Y - Think they threw an extra all rounder in this year, you couldn't possibly pick somebody to miss out for Nuwan, even though he had a good year.

Just can't see spiders getting up, as well drilled as they are.. just far too many game winners for Uniting.

Richards, Russell, Manders, Lalor, Surridge :eek:

Hopefully its a close contest!
Good luck with the call boys!

That Robbie and the fact that the Spiders batting is a bit like Luke Shelton or Brad Lockhart after mignight, either very good or very bad but certainly "all over the place!!".

By his own admission Nuwy didn't have the best of years. Still winning the Longy bowling and making 350 runs is a year most of us would like to have!
As for the weekend. Massive kudos to the Spiders. Great to see one of the ' non powerhouse' teams make it. Would love to see them win it, but on form and depth would pick Uniting.

Woolnough will see a great battle between us and Uniting's 2's. Moose has done a great job leading this team all year, and they have met every challenge set. I'm sure we'll meet whatever challenge comes our way, and win on the weekend.

Quiney. Uniting played really well against us, batted deep, bowled good lines and fielded well. Elwood have some good ins. Toss of the coin, but I'm leaning toward Elwood as they were the pace setters all year.

Whatever the result I hope the games are played in the right spirit.

Rdh I'm pretty sure you could not see how the spiders where going to win last week. Spiders have proven they can match it since Xmas. I looked up there run on way home and they have beaten Elwood twice, mackie and bentleigh ana twice. And drew with uniting( had them 7for 80). Spiders have been going not to bad. Notice not many people have rated the spiders all year. They are there and you never no.
Agreed, I did say flip of the coin.. And decided to go with AnA, and it was an extremely close game..
But the cream rises in grand finals, Lalor will be the difference!

Well done to Bentleigh Uniting, would like to know if there's ever been a more comprehensive grand final win in Longy?
Commiserations to collo and the boys, great effort to get there!

Onto to footy season and to put on some winter kg's..

Back