CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

To those who are after a boom recruit for this upcoming season i have a opportunity for a club looking to take Longy my the scruff of the neck.
I have a mate who has been playing in the DDCA he is a a pro from England who has played for England and was picked up by Lecistecher and played county 1st cricket.
He was all good for this upcoming season but the club he was going to have done a backflip and all the other DDCA clubs have a english pro all ready which your only allowed to have one.
He is 26yrs old all rounder who bowls at good speed but is a superstar bat were in 3 years in the DDCA has had 700+, 600+ and a 500+ runs with the bat nad has taken alot of wickets.
His name is Alex Roberts and is trying to secure a place to play, as i am a mate i am trying to help in out.
If anyone wants more info you can email me on baernst35@hotmail.com

brett;357971 said:
To those who are after a boom recruit for this upcoming season i have a opportunity for a club looking to take Longy my the scruff of the neck.
I have a mate who has been playing in the DDCA he is a a pro from England who has played for England and was picked up by Lecistecher and played county 1st cricket.
He was all good for this upcoming season but the club he was going to have done a backflip and all the other DDCA clubs have a english pro all ready which your only allowed to have one.
He is 26yrs old all rounder who bowls at good speed but is a superstar bat were in 3 years in the DDCA has had 700+, 600+ and a 500+ runs with the bat nad has taken alot of wickets.
His name is Alex Roberts and is trying to secure a place to play, as i am a mate i am trying to help in out.
If anyone wants more info you can email me on baernst35@hotmail.com

Alex Roberts is a good player, but he'd send most clubs broke with the amount of coin that he asks for. Know of a few subbie clubs that have looked at him in the past, and the figure of $15k+ is what has been bandied around. Good Luck.

brett;357994 said:
15K hey, your sources may need a complete overhaul.

My sources have played both with and against him at Berwick the last couple of years. Don't think my sources need an overhaul - but am willing to bow down to your better judgement if you know the bloke personally.

Just where is the fiscal one when we need his accounting skils.

$12 k,$15k as ABBA would say Money Money Money will it led to a Waterloo or maybe a Fernando to join the new Chamida Vass at ANA.

A lot of cabbage and will it bring success?

You need to sell quite a few frothies and sausages to fill the brown paper bag.

I got the board out and did a bit of web surfing and noticed the Southern Districts forum is having a break for annual maintenance , maybe our new web master in waiting Uncle Mick could order a complete overhaul once he has his finger on the keyboard controls.

until next time ................................... Merlot

Websites

Aspendale Edithvale: Vanilla, just the basics but keep it updated: 6/10
Bentleigh ANA: The perennial leader and has been the unofficial site for the CMCA for over a decade much to the chagrin of the Executive. Adding Youtube commentary has taken it to a new level: 11/10
Bentleigh Uniting: Has gone into recess.Poor effort from such a large club: Unable to score
Brighton Districts: VTCA web site does not count.
Brighton Union: Unable to link from the website but when located it is boring and unadventurous: 2/10
Carnegie South: Why bother spending the money? It is not updated and appears to have been thrown together.Sponsors deserve better for their money.Poor effort:0.5/10
Cheltenham Park: Efficient, up to date, and does its job: 6/10
Cluden: Boring and rarely changes. Need to lift their game as they made in roads last year and should tell all and sundry: 1/10
East Benteligh Central: For a club in the lower grades it does its job but that is all. 3/10
Elwood: Not bad but could improve its graphics and layout. Updated and does its job (New clubrooms look sensational.Looks like the fiscal one’s holiday house at Portsea.Could have a couple of long nights on a balmy Saturday night with the beers flowing ): 6/10
Hampton Central: Informative, functional and they have especially gone to great lengths to keep all informed. Many clubs go into hiding when relegated.7/10
Hampton United: Innovative and is up to date with their newsletters.Excellent set up. 8/10
Highett West: The website you have when not having a website. 1/10
Kingston Heath: Excellent. Mirrors the values of the club, informative and pro active.9/10.(Sorry Leroy)
Le Page: Have improved markedly over the years and getting their act together. Can still improve: 7/10
Mackie: Without doubt the most confusing website in the CMCA. A lot of effort put in just need to refine it:7/10
Melbourne Wanderers:Like it.Appealing for some reason. It has a guestbook but they go into hibernation for long periods of time.Nonetheless good website:7.5/10
Moorabbin West: Bells and whistles bit somehow does not get its message across.Have gone into their shells after their GF loss.5/10
Omega: Like it. Informative, updated and don’t hold a grudge by including Ivan’s photo on their home page.Good effort:8/10
Washington Park:Could improve the layout.Looks amaterish.Website was working overtime last season with all of their coaching announcements and coaching tips but quickly went by the wayside as the season unfurled. Slow to update.3/10
West Bentleigh: Just a web site with little or no effort devoted: 0.5/10
CMCA:What can you say that has not already been said? 1/10.

brett;358001 said:
Well i do, i am mates with him. I am trying to help him out whilst he is in England.

Gday Brett,
I've also heard of your mate, can give me any further info on what would be a ball park figure, i'm on a recruiting drive as we speak.
There is only a few clubs that would be prepared to entertain the thought of paying a player that much cash, is he prepared to do any coaching ,etc?
I'm also wondering why he wouldn't be going to your club? if he is such a good mate, you could share your payments with him as i'm sure you would appreciate and could do with another 700 runs and 30 odd wickets a season.
You could then become the '' messiah of Marranapra '', with a flag to top it off.
The only clubs left in the cmca that could be interested in anything around 5k, would be Lepage, ANA, Gold Caps, Washups, and Union have freed up around that much since Con's departure, so they might be interested in adding another one to the bankroll.
Any smart club would expect some other requirements from the man as well.
Thats not say that it can't be worked out over a couple of frothies, give us an indication and dangle the carrot.
:D:D:D

Archie we have 1 english pro all ready and the DDCA only allows 1 English pro in each grade. we can't have one in our 1st and the other in our 2nds. They wouldn't want to do it. Other wise he would all ready be at my knew club.

If you are interested or anyone else email me baernst35@hotmail.com

And Archie it's not Maranatha anymore mate.

Clock,

Another great production that would rival the logies for depth and quality.Peter Faiman look out.

Archie

I hear there wasn't as many cabbage leaves in the sky cap deal with the JGG as was reported.The fiscal one would have far less to count is the word on the streets.If seems the DDCA have far more control over player coach payments than Barrack and Congress ever have.

Has the young one moved clubs?And lured a former oasis player as his assistant coach?

Uncle Mick

Do you have a dual role CMCA & HWcc web site webmaster.

I believe as we speak there is a CMCA meeting in progress could it be the mysterious AGM that is being held under wraps to prevent the Merlot ticket saluting the judge?

The invite must still be in the mail.

until next time ..................................... Merlot

I'm planning on it, Merl. Waiting on the current administrator to give me access to the Kookas website. The CMCA offer still stands. Am willing to contribute if they want my services.

Yes Merlot, the CMCA had their AGM last night in which I attended. In fairness to the CMCA, all club Secretaries were informed of the meeting well in advance. If you need to know things you should always speak to your associated club's Secretary.

The biggest change that affects everyone is that the first two rounds will be one day games, with 7 rounds completed up until Christmas. 4 x two day games will follow after Christmas - this makes sense as all clubs will be conditioned to two day cricket when the finals approach.

The Longmuir draw has been released to clubs this morning... it was ready 3 weeks ago, and Mark Rainey thought he had forwarded it to John Adamson to publish, which was only realised last night that this hadn't happened.

Sugar;358147 said:
Yes Merlot, the CMCA had their AGM last night in which I attended. In fairness to the CMCA, all club Secretaries were informed of the meeting well in advance. If you need to know things you should always speak to your associated club's Secretary.

The biggest change that affects everyone is that the first two rounds will be one day games, with 7 rounds completed up until Christmas. 4 x two day games will follow after Christmas - this makes sense as all clubs will be conditioned to two day cricket when the finals approach.

The Longmuir draw has been released to clubs this morning... it was ready 3 weeks ago, and Mark Rainey thought he had forwarded it to John Adamson to publish, which was only realised last night that this hadn't happened.

Sugar,
Just to use your club as an example:7 senior teams X 11 players, plus 4 junior teams is over 100+ people.A little unfair to have everyone contacting you or other secretaries, hence the need to Inform all members and supporters via a thing called the Internet.As I have mentioned your club utilises it well.Is it that hard for the CMCA to touch base via their website or at the very least put up an upcoming events/agenda? These guys operate as though we are living in 1939.

Agreed, the CMCA's biggest headache with most people on this site (and in general) is the lack of communication forwarded via its website. Quite simply, they need someone prepared to dedicate their time to be Web Administrator. It has been thrown on John Kelly in the past year or so, and it shouldn't really, as he does enough... others need to step up.

I know Mick has put his hand up only recently, which would be good for the competition if it goes ahead, but prior to that, if no one has done so previously, then there's not much that can be done.

Outisde of this, the CMCA answers to their clubs, and in essence they meet these requirements with email communication to the club Secretaries. I have relayed the relevant information on my club's site, because that's my responsibility to my club. The 100+ individuals don't need to contact me as a result.

If other clubs don't pass the information down the channels, then this specifically shouldn't be the CMCA's fault.

Courtesy of the Bentleigh ANA website:
The CMCA AGM was held last night – please see key points relevant to the coming season:

• The CMCA mourned the passing of long-time association sponsor John Knight from Knight Sports – funeral was on Wednesday
• All coaches & captains will need to complete their Safety with Children checks – I have requested for 20 application forms, and will forward to all relevant people.
• Key emphasis on Umpire Reports this season
• Affiliation fees have gone up from $125 per team to $140 per team
• The Knights Award night has increased from $100 per club table to $150 per club table
• The CMCA presentation has gone down from $50 per person, to $40 per person
• All club fines will now be submitted on the CMCA website
• Recommendation for the club to consider a Junior Girls Team, to be played on Friday nights
• The CMCA are looking for CMCA representative team managers
• Bentleigh Uniting & West Bentleigh are having their main grounds repaired
• Bailey Park will host their Longmuir Games up to Christmas
• Moorabbin Kindergarten will be the CMCA’s new official home until 2012
• Linton Street is targeted as long-term home of CMCA after 2012
• 2 x one day games will commence rounds 1 & 2 this season
• 7 rounds up to Christmas, followed by 4 x two day games after Christmas
• The CMCA Longmuir draw was supposed to be sent to all clubs 3 weeks ago – miscommunication within CMCA
• As a result the Longmuir draw will be released later this week
• Overall draw is not ready as some clubs are making it difficult by wishing to drop 2 grades for certain teams
• New CMCA committee members have been voted, including:
• Tracey Fletcher (Omega), Tommy Duguid (Kingston Heath), Chris Kelly (West Bentleigh) & Andrew Green (Cluden)

One again Sugar you are on the ball. Well done.

CLOCKER;358047 said:
Highett West: The website you have when not having a website. 1/10

CMCA:What can you say that has not already been said? 1/10.

Righto, Clocker.....

Thanks to our good friend Sugar, I've forwarded an offer of my services to maintain the CMCA website to the appropriate channels. And you'll be pleased to see the Highett West website is back up to date. Still a lot of work to be done, but it's all about baby steps my friend.... happy to take any suggestions on board.

Where does one start

Uncle Mick,

Haven't been to the HWCC yet but will pay a visit to see how your new brush has enhanced the easal.

Hope you get the CMCA gig and the new business card and in the words of my good friend Archie ask for some cabbage, like a few others did in the past.

Adam,

You are starting to sound like the young one sticking up for the congress mob.

What if I and the other members of Joe public don't have a club or secretary to get info from, I have moved on and rely on the powers of the internet for my information along with a few impeccable sources to keep me up to date.It was one of those who informed me that the AGM was on last night and another who provided 3 of the 4 debutants mentioned who will shortly make their maiden speech to congress.

How ironic is your news that the Moorabbin Kindergarten will be the new home of the CMCA, I hope they enjoy the play dough!!!

You know what thought did He thought he was in bed ,so he got out and had a look, he may have even found a fixture in his travels

Not a great start to the year

Until next time ........................... Merlot

Merlot a good drop;358279 said:
Adam,

You are starting to sound like the young one sticking up for the congress mob.

How ironic is your news that the Moorabbin Kindergarten will be the new home of the CMCA, I hope they enjoy the play dough!!!

Until next time ........................... Merlot

I must admit I had a wry grin when I read this bullet point in Sugar's summation. Was only a matter of time before shots were fired....

To be be fair to Sugar re: sticking up for congress, I think you're both making a valid point. Probably best to agree to disagree and move on.
As a wise man once told me, some people incorrectly assume this to be the official CMCA forum. Might be best to take up your grievances directly with those who can do something about it rather than continue to pot them on a public forum.

Uncle Mick;358177 said:
Righto, Clocker.....

Thanks to our good friend Sugar, I've forwarded an offer of my services to maintain the CMCA website to the appropriate channels. And you'll be pleased to see the Highett West website is back up to date. Still a lot of work to be done, but it's all about baby steps my friend.... happy to take any suggestions on board.

Well done my friend.Small steps are better than doing nothing at all. At least you show enough initiative to do something about it.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back