CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

some interesting results on the weekend.. the elwood and mackie trains rolling on in convincing fashion. west bentleigh doing a job on east sandy. centrals still struggling after a strong year last year.

think we are finally seeing a change of the guard with young players coming through the ranks and i cant see east sandy winning this years flag. dont get me wrong they have been a great side but just looking at their side they r putting out there it seems that their run has just about come to an end. personally i think young teams like elwood, union, mackie (not that young), west bentleigh, washington pk will make it tough for sandy to be around the top 4 come years end. think east sandys is ageing and they dont have the young stocks that other clubs do. see it as a good thing for the competition to see new players come through and other clubs having a chance to b there at years end, thoughts?

ormondespy;281431 said:
some interesting results on the weekend.. the elwood and mackie trains rolling on in convincing fashion. west bentleigh doing a job on east sandy. centrals still struggling after a strong year last year.

think we are finally seeing a change of the guard with young players coming through the ranks and i cant see east sandy winning this years flag. dont get me wrong they have been a great side but just looking at their side they r putting out there it seems that their run has just about come to an end. personally i think young teams like elwood, union, mackie (not that young), west bentleigh, washington pk will make it tough for sandy to be around the top 4 come years end. think east sandys is ageing and they dont have the young stocks that other clubs do. see it as a good thing for the competition to see new players come through and other clubs having a chance to b there at years end, thoughts?

Devro,Martyn,Corp probably about 21-25. Manders and Montford 16.Dallas and Duddy yet to hit 30. ????

ormondespy;281431 said:

A report after Round 3? I'll give it a nudge....
Agree with some of the above. The challengers are certainly setting a cracking pace early and the young brigade are doing most of the damage across the grade. Though 20 weeks is a long time to stay up - especially for those who've been overseas playing cricket with the soap dodgers.
Elwood seem to be blessed with plenty of talent in a fairly young side. Top order appear to be doing everything right with the bat at the moment, but the real test will come against the stronger bowling line ups in the last 2 games before Xmas.
East Sandy have proven time and again they've got the tools.Can't agree with their list being an ageing one. Manders is 16, Devereaux (22), Corp (22), Duddy (28), Dallas (28), Jenkin (28) and Bennett (27) are all under 30. The fact that they've had so much success at such a young age is a testament to their ability. It's a cast well supported by the senior players in Pitt (72...?) & Pumpkin Arse Phelan (probably 48). With John Wilson & Marto still to come back, I'd suggest writing them off can be done at your own peril.
Mackie have always been thereabouts, but can't seem to finish the job. Every year you suspect it might be their's, they find a way to lose.
Round 1 aside, Union seem to have found enough in their bowlers to be a show and appear to have depth with a 3-0 start from their Woolnough side.
West Bentleigh burst into Longmuir 3 years ago, but probably need to find a bit more self belief without Stacey and a poor showing last season before considering them a genuine threat.
There could be an argument for Washington Park and ANA, but you can write off Centrals, Uniting, Carnegie South, Le Page and Omega. Centrals can't come back from 0-3, Uniting can't rely on Chubbs to bowl them out of trouble against the better sides (unless their bats can get past a start), and whilst Omega look to be improving along with Carnegie South I don't expect they'll be any serious threat to the top half.
Le Page will strugge to win a game. Honest competitors, but not up to it.

For this week I'll go with:
ANA over West - coin flip, but ANA seem a more balanced unit.
Union to continue Centrals abysmal start to the season.
Carnegie in the battle of the cellar dwellers.
The Elwood juggernaut to keep rolling along. Expecting a nother solid performance from the Omega boys.
The Machine to falter against a rebounding Zoo unit.
Washington Park to have just enough on the board over a struggling Uniting outfit.

Hey all, keep an eye out for Episode 5 of the Bentleigh ANA Cricket Show, currently uploading and should be viewable very shortly.

YouTube - BentleighANA's Channel

We will try have this completed early in the week after the next round, so the previous round's scores have more time to be relevant.

Uncle Mick;281454 said:
A report after Round 3? I'll give it a nudge....
Agree with some of the above. The challengers are certainly setting a cracking pace early and the young brigade are doing most of the damage across the grade. Though 20 weeks is a long time to stay up - especially for those who've been overseas playing cricket with the soap dodgers.
Elwood seem to be blessed with plenty of talent in a fairly young side. Top order appear to be doing everything right with the bat at the moment, but the real test will come against the stronger bowling line ups in the last 2 games before Xmas.
East Sandy have proven time and again they've got the tools.Can't agree with their list being an ageing one. Manders is 16, Devereaux (22), Corp (22), Duddy (28), Dallas (28), Jenkin (28) and Bennett (27) are all under 30. The fact that they've had so much success at such a young age is a testament to their ability. It's a cast well supported by the senior players in Pitt (72...?) & Pumpkin Arse Phelan (probably 48). With John Wilson & Marto still to come back, I'd suggest writing them off can be done at your own peril.
Mackie have always been thereabouts, but can't seem to finish the job. Every year you suspect it might be their's, they find a way to lose.
Round 1 aside, Union seem to have found enough in their bowlers to be a show and appear to have depth with a 3-0 start from their Woolnough side.
West Bentleigh burst into Longmuir 3 years ago, but probably need to find a bit more self belief without Stacey and a poor showing last season before considering them a genuine threat.
There could be an argument for Washington Park and ANA, but you can write off Centrals, Uniting, Carnegie South, Le Page and Omega. Centrals can't come back from 0-3, Uniting can't rely on Chubbs to bowl them out of trouble against the better sides (unless their bats can get past a start), and whilst Omega look to be improving along with Carnegie South I don't expect they'll be any serious threat to the top half.
Le Page will strugge to win a game. Honest competitors, but not up to it.

For this week I'll go with:
ANA over West - coin flip, but ANA seem a more balanced unit.
Union to continue Centrals abysmal start to the season.
Carnegie in the battle of the cellar dwellers.
The Elwood juggernaut to keep rolling along. Expecting a nother solid performance from the Omega boys.
The Machine to falter against a rebounding Zoo unit.
Washington Park to have just enough on the board over a struggling Uniting outfit.

More than an argument for us boys buddy!
Not our greatest performance Round 1 but since then we've been just fine.
As Bachman Turner Overdrive said, we're "Taking care of business!"
We will smash Ernst's old mates this week.

VictoryFromTheVelodrome;281613 said:
More than an argument for us boys buddy!
Not our greatest performance Round 1 but since then we've been just fine.
As Bachman Turner Overdrive said, we're "Taking care of business!"
We will smash Ernst's old mates this week.

Firstly i wouldn't exspect you to reply after your mobs effort on Saturday tho you did make 40 so you might.
Smash my old mates you didnt Jewellys all out for 150, thats not a smashing and BUCC 0-12.
BUCC 75% favs from here, need to pull a hat out of the bag.
Maybe the savior PICKERING can bowl and get 10 wickets.

ormondespy;281431 said:

Intriguing match at Mackie on the weekend.East Sandy showed why they win flags.It will be a great contest on the weekend to see if the Machine can make it 3 in a row against East Sandy.If they do they will set up their season. Wash Ups remind me of Tottenham. Look good on paper but choke when it counts. 1/80 odd all out for 150.Uniting just building a bit of momentum.Juggernaut Nathan Harris just keeps going.Just about pencil in player of the year.(Hope that is not the kiss of death)ANA & Omega had their respective opponents on the ropes but could not put them to the sword.ANA might struggle to make the runs but Omega should get them. Le Page could get their first win on the weekend which will make the competition interesting.

Just thought I'd get involved as i was informed some people thought i was already on this forum.

to pup, i would stop making assumptions as to who people are. u obviously dont know me well, as i dont tend to make huge statments referring to myself in the third person. and u seem to spend a lot of time going on about ur old club. if they were as good as you say they are, why did u leave?? since i am not in the inner sanctum i can only guess that u were chasing money...not a good reason to leave the club that you captained to a flag. i was actually on the lookout to see if ud wander down in ur old maroon shirt for a look on the weekend, but i was disappointed.

props to the run machine nath dog, works hard and gets the rewards.

on another note, i cannot belive clemo played this week. i get along with the bloke off the field, but his behaviour agasint us was disgraceful - send offs, challenging players and spectators to fights etc. was v surprised that he didnt get 2 or 3 games

i was at the game. that send off was nothing and there was no attempting to fight. he copped a send off from your players and i am pretty sure you were the one who started it. he then was walking into the clubrooms when your spectators had a go at him.. and deluitis who came off cause he is to old. which in my book what he did is cheating! he didnt get reported cause the umpires knew he was provoked!

instead he took 5/47 and could of set up a win against the top team. jewell i stand by my statement that your not a 1's player. you never make a score although you did this week. but i bet you wont for the rest of the year..

Hey guys.
Good laugh seeing everyone getting involved/having something to say.
just a quick msg to whom ever is trying to be me.. thanks mate but i think i can take over from here from now on.
Omega on the wknd. bowled nice lines early on and paid dividends for attacking the stumps. chris clement bowled well with a howler (Elwood beach) gale behind him. controlled his lines well.
lucky for us we were able to establish a score able to be defended.
Interesting weekend ahead. both sides still in the running for the points.
wats the rumours to may's back?? out till the new year i hear??

Great coup for East Sandy to get Warnie to play tonight. Hope he has paid his subs.....

Andrew Jewell;282524 said:
Just thought I'd get involved as i was informed some people thought i was already on this forum.

to pup, i would stop making assumptions as to who people are. u obviously dont know me well, as i dont tend to make huge statments referring to myself in the third person. and u seem to spend a lot of time going on about ur old club. if they were as good as you say they are, why did u leave?? since i am not in the inner sanctum i can only guess that u were chasing money...not a good reason to leave the club that you captained to a flag. i was actually on the lookout to see if ud wander down in ur old maroon shirt for a look on the weekend, but i was disappointed.

props to the run machine nath dog, works hard and gets the rewards.

on another note, i cannot belive clemo played this week. i get along with the bloke off the field, but his behaviour agasint us was disgraceful - send offs, challenging players and spectators to fights etc. was v surprised that he didnt get 2 or 3 games

Andrew if his behaviour was that appalling then the club or any spectator was entitled to lodge a complaint and the executive would then deal with it.

JAMSTER;282795 said:
Great coup for East Sandy to get Warnie to play tonight. Hope he has paid his subs.....

Just confirmed on SEN. I should've hung around for one more year....

Bad luck Mick... you could have been playing with Warney tonight. Instead you're too busy getting run our by your team mates when you're on fire with the bat.

Hopefully the weather holds up for the big occasion.

No, no.... apparently I ran myself out.

Weather looks promising enough for now. Wonder how many sides will be short a few numbers at training tonight only to hear they were at 'The Zoo'.

Nathan "kid' Harris;282761 said:
Hey guys.
Good laugh seeing everyone getting involved/having something to say.
just a quick msg to whom ever is trying to be me.. thanks mate but i think i can take over from here from now on.
Omega on the wknd. bowled nice lines early on and paid dividends for attacking the stumps. chris clement bowled well with a howler (Elwood beach) gale behind him. controlled his lines well.
lucky for us we were able to establish a score able to be defended.
Interesting weekend ahead. both sides still in the running for the points.
wats the rumours to may's back?? out till the new year i hear??

nice effort buddy. oldest trick in the alias game back, go on as someone that is already posting and say that you're the real them. you're not the first person to try it and you certainly won't be the last. looks suspiciously similar to what jewellsy has done after people were labelling him as victoryfromthevelodrome. if that where you got your idea mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back