Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cricket Albury/wodonga (caw)

Another comprehensive win from Kiewa on the weekend against another title fancy in New City.
Could this season just be a 1 horse race?
Andy Norling must have the Midas touch,cellar dweller last season to Premiership favorite in a season.

Powerbroker;315679 said:
Another comprehensive win from Kiewa on the weekend against another title fancy in New City.
Could this season just be a 1 horse race?
Andy Norling must have the Midas touch,cellar dweller last season to Premiership favorite in a season.

he certainly doesnt have the midas touch... the players are actually starting to click which is the main reason for the rise

CAW you are absolute morons.Look at every other sport being played around tomorrow. They have been called off. Giving more drink breaks isn't going to help players from passing out. What about the juniors who have to double up. I'm sure captains/coaches are getting phone calls from parents saying that there kid isnt playing. If someone passes out who's at fault.I bet CAW say he should have looked after himself better. As a captain it's the players saftey you must think about before playing each game. It's like when it rains and gets to slippery off the players go. The same could be said when it's gunna be above 40 degrees. You guys might think i'm a sook but player welfare comes first and CAW don't give a stuff about it. Just wondering how many of the CAW board have to play tomorrow???? I'm guessing none!!:mad::mad::mad:

big guys don't run;318412 said:
CAW you are absolute morons.Look at every other sport being played around tomorrow. They have been called off. Giving more drink breaks isn't going to help players from passing out. What about the juniors who have to double up. I'm sure captains/coaches are getting phone calls from parents saying that there kid isnt playing. If someone passes out who's at fault.I bet CAW say he should have looked after himself better. As a captain it's the players saftey you must think about before playing each game. It's like when it rains and gets to slippery off the players go. The same could be said when it's gunna be above 40 degrees. You guys might think i'm a sook but player welfare comes first and CAW don't give a stuff about it. Just wondering how many of the CAW board have to play tomorrow???? I'm guessing none!!:mad::mad::mad:

There is one Board member playing tomorrow - David Castello. I do agree with you though.

On another note, there was an interesting situation at Bunton Park last week that had some of the players confused. What's everyone's opinions of this one-

Greg Daniel bowled a ball to Steve Wright and it slipped out of his hand and the ball landed out towards cover. Wright started walking towards the ball and checked with the umpire that he was allowed to hit it. The umpire said he could so he kept going towards the ball. Just before he got there the fielder at cover ran in and picked the ball up and threw it to the keeper to run him out. The umpire called it a no ball because the ball landed off the pitch but didn't give the batsmen out. Jack argued that he should have been out because he was out of his crease. Does everyone think the umpire got it right or should he have been given out?

good call its the first week so call it off where is the duty of care if its forty next week we only have toplay 50 overs each get some balls and make s decision

big guys don't run;318412 said:

There is one Board member playing tomorrow - David Castello. I do agree with you though.

On another note, there was an interesting situation at Bunton Park last week that had some of the players confused. What's everyone's opinions of this one-

Greg Daniel bowled a ball to Steve Wright and it slipped out of his hand and the ball landed out towards cover. Wright started walking towards the ball and checked with the umpire that he was allowed to hit it. The umpire said he could so he kept going towards the ball. Just before he got there the fielder at cover ran in and picked the ball up and threw it to the keeper to run him out. The umpire called it a no ball because the ball landed off the pitch but didn't give the batsmen out. Jack argued that he should have been out because he was out of his crease. Does everyone think the umpire got it right or should he have been given out?

big guy you are a sook if caw pull the pin tomorrow what happens over the next couple of weeks if the weather is the same. do we pull the pin on cricket for the month of feburary because of hot weather?

if you ask the kids playing tomorrow do they want a game or not most will want to play even if it is hot.

what is the difference between playing in 38 degree heat and taking breaks every hour and playing in 43 degree heat taking breaks every half hour?

good call its the first week so call it off where is the duty of care if its forty next week we only have toplay 50 overs each get some balls and make s decision

Richie Benaud;318512 said:

Its not out and should have been 5 penalty runs. The ball was bowled and the batsmen has a right to hit it, if a fielder touches it first, its obstuction (or interference, i forget the term that used).
Jack would argue just to get everyone off the fact that he bowled a shit ball!

AS for the heat issue tomorrow, its obvious CAW is not gunna call it off. As per everything, they seem shit-scared to make a commonsense call. If its 44degrees on the thermometer, its gunna be 50+ on the pitch and ground. Its not in anyones best interest to play in that heat, or does someone here disagree with that??

big guy you are a sook if caw pull the pin tomorrow what happens over the next couple of weeks if the weather is the same. do we pull the pin on cricket for the month of feburary because of hot weather?

if you ask the kids playing tomorrow do they want a game or not most will want to play even if it is hot.

what is the difference between playing in 38 degree heat and taking breaks every hour and playing in 43 degree heat taking breaks every half hour?

Ducks fly together;318738 said:
AS for the heat issue tomorrow, its obvious CAW is not gunna call it off. As per everything, they seem shit-scared to make a commonsense call. If its 44degrees on the thermometer, its gunna be 50+ on the pitch and ground. Its not in anyones best interest to play in that heat, or does someone here disagree with that??

well its the first week of a game so why not do the following. call it off then next play a one dayer or saturday/sunday game. Already be out and about and it ain't gunna get any cooler.Also with players sweeting more it may get harder to control the bat and ball????

CAW don't know what commonsense is !!!!!!!!!!

Richie Benaud;318512 said:

Its not out and should have been 5 penalty runs. The ball was bowled and the batsmen has a right to hit it, if a fielder touches it first, its obstuction (or interference, i forget the term that used).
Jack would argue just to get everyone off the fact that he bowled a shit ball!

harryhoward;318338 said:
pardon my ignorance but what did macca do on the field last week?

Did he not give one of the umpires a fair serve ? I was not there and heard it 2nd hand.

As for the heat today, im sure we have all played in temperatures like this and it is going the happen every year as it is a summer sport, I do agree with the juniors not doubling up though.

Ducks fly together;318738 said:

well its the first week of a game so why not do the following. call it off then next play a one dayer or saturday/sunday game. Already be out and about and it ain't gunna get any cooler.Also with players sweeting more it may get harder to control the bat and ball????

CAW don't know what commonsense is !!!!!!!!!!

Watchful Eye;318788 said:
As for the heat today, im sure we have all played in temperatures like this and it is going the happen every year as it is a summer sport, I do agree with the juniors not doubling up though.

yes it is a summer sport.yes every year it will be brought up how hot it has to be to be called off. But as most other comps have been called off CAW wants to show how they don't give in to anyone.I was told that some of CAW board wanted to call it off but they were over ruled by M.O'Donnell.JUst wondering what will he be doing today???? Wake up CAW and start thinking of the players and not your ego's!!!!!

harryhoward;318338 said:
pardon my ignorance but what did macca do on the field last week?

Did he not give one of the umpires a fair serve ? I was not there and heard it 2nd hand.

Did have a run in with 1 of the umpires,also had a chest off with Dave Castello mid pitch during a run that looked like he tried to headbutt Dave.
As good a cricketer as Steve is he will be the 1st to admit he does still suffer from white line fever.
Hope he makes a quick return to the field as he adds abit of spark to most games.

yes it is a summer sport.yes every year it will be brought up how hot it has to be to be called off. But as most other comps have been called off CAW wants to show how they don't give in to anyone.I was told that some of CAW board wanted to call it off but they were over ruled by M.O'Donnell.JUst wondering what will he be doing today???? Wake up CAW and start thinking of the players and not your ego's!!!!!

well c grade got called off because of the number of juniors involved in that grade.in the end maybe the whole thing should be called off.lets see how the players are feeling over the next few days...:D

Did have a run in with 1 of the umpires,also had a chest off with Dave Castello mid pitch during a run that looked like he tried to headbutt Dave.
As good a cricketer as Steve is he will be the 1st to admit he does still suffer from white line fever.
Hope he makes a quick return to the field as he adds abit of spark to most games.

shithouse i feel tall vs nth should play 40 overs now each we played eighty why should they play 100 better conditions for both teams ,chance for more points than the other games 190 was a good score in the heat and they will be on 190 after 35 overs what should happen.............

well c grade got called off because of the number of juniors involved in that grade.in the end maybe the whole thing should be called off.lets see how the players are feeling over the next few days...:D

patty;319369 said:
shithouse i feel tall vs nth should play 40 overs now each we played eighty why should they play 100 better conditions for both teams ,chance for more points than the other games 190 was a good score in the heat and they will be on 190 after 35 overs what should happen.............

I think if the right decision had been made everybody would be playing 50 over 1 day games next week.
The teams that failed too play yesterday should recieve no points for the round and they dont play next week either.
The decision was made by the board for all games to go ahead so why should clubs be able to say "nah its too hot,lets just play a 1 day game next week".

Powerbroker;319388 said:
I think if the right decision had been made everybody would be playing 50 over 1 day games next week.
The teams that failed too play yesterday should recieve no points for the round and they dont play next week either.
The decision was made by the board for all games to go ahead so why should clubs be able to say "nah its too hot,lets just play a 1 day game next week".

that's rediculous mate,the fact that the caw board can't make an appropriate decision should not reflect on captains that do,fair dinkum the weekend was like an out of control train.I've never seen such poor management in my life.Why did they leave it till 11 o'clock saturday to call off the c's?,what were they waiting to see if a cold front was moving in,then to leave the rest of the games up to individual captains so as to deflect the chance of any responsibility if anything goes wrong back onto the captains and away from caw board,you are joking arent you.If o'donell is such a big hard **** surely he can shoulder the responsibility's associated with making such dickhead decisions(to play that is).Fair dinkum why doesnt he **** off over to iraq where blokes run around in the heat all day without complaining,mind you if blokes were hurling scatter bomb's at me all day i don't think i'd complain about the heat either,what a tool.

patty;319369 said:

Powerbroker;319388 said:

I think you will find all games got the choice whether to play saturday or have a onedayer next week. some took it, most opted to play.
personally I think the north and Tall boys took the soft option It was going to be game of the season so far . so it was dissapointing not to see them go at it in the 2 day format.
you can tell a lot about a player in those conditions ( heart, charactor,performing under real stress) lets you know who will be there when the going gets tough. Will have to wait now till a final..

Powerbroker;319388 said:

that's rediculous mate,the fact that the caw board can't make an appropriate decision should not reflect on captains that do,fair dinkum the weekend was like an out of control train.I've never seen such poor management in my life.Why did they leave it till 11 o'clock saturday to call off the c's?,what were they waiting to see if a cold front was moving in,then to leave the rest of the games up to individual captains so as to deflect the chance of any responsibility if anything goes wrong back onto the captains and away from caw board,you are joking arent you.If o'donell is such a big hard **** surely he can shoulder the responsibility's associated with making such dickhead decisions(to play that is).Fair dinkum why doesnt he **** off over to iraq where blokes run around in the heat all day without complaining,mind you if blokes were hurling scatter bomb's at me all day i don't think i'd complain about the heat either,what a tool.

Wanie eat your heart out;320037 said:
I think you will find all games got the choice whether to play saturday or have a onedayer next week. some took it, most opted to play.
personally I think the north and Tall boys took the soft option It was going to be game of the season so far . so it was dissapointing not to see them go at it in the 2 day format.
you can tell a lot about a player in those conditions ( heart, charactor,performing under real stress) lets you know who will be there when the going gets tough. Will have to wait now till a final..

Apparently Steve Wright bowled 20 overs straight so it can't have been that bad because he's certainly no athlete. (Opening the bowling and bowling all the way til tea is a big effort though.)

What happens at Tallangatta next week when it's 42 again? I wouldn't think the four teams that lose would be too impressed if North and Tallangatta are given points for a draw without bowling a ball.....

Powerbroker;319388 said:

Richie Benaud;320305 said:
Apparently Steve Wright bowled 20 overs straight so it can't have been that bad because he's certainly no athlete. (Opening the bowling and bowling all the way til tea is a big effort though.)

What happens at Tallangatta next week when it's 42 again? I wouldn't think the four teams that lose would be too impressed if North and Tallangatta are given points for a draw without bowling a ball.....

Great point Richie, if it was too hot for them to play last week, it has to be applied the same this week, so the game should be called a draw, 3 points each & no bonus points. You can't say its too hot one week & then play the next if its the same conditions, its just not cricket!!!!

Wanie eat your heart out;320037 said:

KokodaMidget;320537 said:
Great point Richie, if it was too hot for them to play last week, it has to be applied the same this week, so the game should be called a draw, 3 points each & no bonus points. You can't say its too hot one week & then play the next if its the same conditions, its just not cricket!!!!

CAW need to get an independant board in place so it can make a hard but neutral call on these decisions.

Richie Benaud;320305 said:

Maybe I am missing something here....

IT IS SUMMER PEOPLE.....

For cryin out loud, we play a summer sport. Maybe we should all take a teaspoon of concrete and harden up.....

....or go waterskiin instead!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back