Cricket Funnies

Didn't Botham once make a funny retort to Rod Marsh's question as Sir Ian took guard as the crease,
Marsh - " Botham, how's your wife and my kids, Botham - " the wife's fine but the kids are all retarded "

Didn't Botham once make a funny retort to Rod Marsh's question as Sir Ian took guard as the crease,
Marsh - " Botham, how's your wife and my kids, Botham - " the wife's fine but the kids are all retarded "
That is a classic Vic Johnston and a warm welcome to the forum. Unlike the footy forum we are small but friendly. Hope you enjoy the games as well as commenting on cricket.

With a roaring fire in November obvious you are in the northern hemisphere Vic. I am from Sydney and Mal is a Kiwi from Wellington.

That bit of banter would be classed as vilification and severely reprimanded today boys. Anything went back in those less politically correct days.

Yeah, that comment was a bit over the top mate, thought that was a pretty clever reply by Botham 🙂 ...reckon there is too much pc stuff in general that goes on these days though.

Thanks for the welcome guys, yep, I'm from Northern-Ireland UK, big cricket fan and only just quit playing
club cricket last season, tho I may make a comeback, we all a long time retired, aren't we?

The Video I posted is me reading one of my poems, I am also a member of Allpoetry.com and use the pseudonym ' Rooster Cogburn ' check it out
sometime, I've quite a few on there, here's the link https://allpoetry.com/Rooster_Cogburn

Vic if you just finished playing club cricket that'd make you still a chick compared to us old roosters. What is your team.. I will Bing it.
Not much into poetry but thanks for the invite. No doubt you support England in cricket but do you enjoy watching the Aussie, Kiwis and other nations too? Btw general chat like this is probably best suited for THE LOUNGE Vic. Call me Richie.

Last edited:
Fair dinkums Richie, I'll likely see you and the guys in the Lounge, and yep, love watching
all the national sides play, England too of course, though to be honest when they get
beaten, Test, ODI or T20, I love listening to all the excuses!!

Anyone remember this famous day in 2011

I definitely remember that innings mate... great ball striking from O'Brien & our kiwi empire in that match must have had a great close up view of it too.

If a team gets beaten by a better side on the day they have no excuses at all... but can see at times why teams get frustrated if they get some poor umpiring decisions against them that could cost them the game in a very tight match.

Fair dinkums Richie, I'll likely see you and the guys in the Lounge, and yep, love watching
all the national sides play, England too of course, though to be honest when they get
beaten, Test, ODI or T20, I love listening to all the excuses!!

Anyone remember this famous day in 2011

I also recall that knock. Very impressive. I have always been an advocate of Test cricket for Ireland Vic. So was very pleased when ICC finally granted them Test status two years ago. Now when will we see a Baggy Greens Vs Ireland Test match.

Back