Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

The draw for CSB any word when it will be released?
No idea. The playing dates have only just been released, so now we know that the Sat/Sun match has been dropped, replaced by two one-day games. Even knowing the grades would be interesting - only Championship has been announced.

Fixtures released on Monday, and day 1 of round 1 called off on Wednesday. We shall be kicking off on October 12. Weather (and councils) willing.

Fixtures released on Monday, and day 1 of round 1 called off on Wednesday. We shall be kicking off on October 12. Weather (and councils) willing.
Heard from a guy that works in Recreation department at Glen Eira council said that following grounds Murrumbenna ,Bentleigh, Koornang and McKinnon won’t be ready for another couple of weeks as grass is growing slowly

Yes, I heard words to that effect on Sunday. I noticed that Caulfield, Ormond and Elsternwick didn't play either, so the Glen Eira issue wasn't just CSB.

na definitely not. I read on the subbies thread on here last week that Glen eira are 2 weeks away.
csb will have a make up day

na definitely not. I read on the subbies thread on here last week that Glen eira are 2 weeks away.
csb will have a make up day
Is there a scheduled make up day in the CSB? I know there was one in 16/17 but I don't remember reading anything about a make-up in the rules for the last two seasons.

Why wouldn't you just play the grounds that can, and the ones that cant, miss out?
I think it is seen as fairer to all concerned. I believe that if more than a set percentage of grounds is unavailable then it's called off. Considering it's the council who have disallowed play (or at least refused to prepare wickets) it would be unfair on the clubs who miss out. Not really a problem if the round can be played as a catch-up game later.

I think it is seen as fairer to all concerned. I believe that if more than a set percentage of grounds is unavailable then it's called off. Considering it's the council who have disallowed play (or at least refused to prepare wickets) it would be unfair on the clubs who miss out. Not really a problem if the round can be played as a catch-up game later.

I don’t know if there is a make up round but they are a well run organisation and if a whole round has been lost due to no fault of the organisation surely they’d organise a make up round.
Makes more sense than playing a 1/4 or the games

Back