Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Great to finally start the season! Kudos to the CSB for the flexibility to switch games between venues, resulting in 20 of the 24 possible games in the top 6 grades being played. Good to see that both new clubs had first up wins - although if the scorecard is to be believed Mordialloc's innings should have stopped once they got past Bentleigh. Last years grand finalists were both beaten, so hopefully this is a sign of a very competitive year. In Div 1 a tie and a good win to St Brigids promises an exciting season, but the very big losses by McKinnon and Old Mentonians is a worry. It would be nice to think they each had players missing, otherwise it might be a long season for them.

maybe they thought they’d come back to the vtca and were going for bonus points haha

Mordialloc batted first in their game against Bentleigh
That's what I assumed must have happened, hence my comment "if the scorecard is to be believed". My Cricket shows Bentleigh batting first, but I couldn't imagine two experienced umpires letting the game continue after the result was achieved.

Can anyone confirm the rumour Bentleigh want to get rid of the council curator from the main ground?
They are never happy with their curator . The problem is that the ground was redone last year and then they allowed footy to be played on it , when other grounds in GE were given 12 months.

Any truth that South Yarra , Macarbi Ajax , Dingley and Melbourne High School Old Boys could be joining the CSB with Saturday and Sunday’s teams for the 2020/21 season.

Dingley yes - the others would all be great additions
Comp continues to go from strength to strength

Do you think they’d let that many teams join at once ? There would be some unlucky winners of divisions who want to go up not able to and also possibly teams finishing 6/7 having to be relegated to squeeze the new teams in.

Maccabi only play on Sundays.
Great even comp in the top grade , with all teams capable of winning any game.
Yes their do play on Sunday’s in the MCA and if they decide to join the CSB I dare say they will continue to do so as would MHSOB being in the MCC Club X1 as for Dingley if they decide to join the CSB I think a Division 2 start would be on the cards with a South Yarra a Division 3 start if they come in as well.

They are never happy with their curator . The problem is that the ground was redone last year and then they allowed footy to be played on it , when other grounds in GE were given 12 months.
Rumour has it the council curator at Bentleigh has left can anyone confirm this maybe he should check if there’s a job at Mordialloc after they 20/20 was abandoned the other night due to the wicket been unsafe.

I chatted to a couple boys from Beena over the weekend - they tell me the pitch was wet. The curator decided to roll out a new deck but it didn't come up. The first ball of the innings left a one inch deep divot in the strip. The dog must have had a monumental weak bladder.
He watered the wicket to try and roll out the damage , but it never dried. Kinston has a massive issue with dogs running over wickets , happened at Parkdale earlier in the year.

Can confirm that a dog ran across the wicket one night after it was flooded dried with big paw prints in it they tried to soft roll it to get a game up and the pitch was still wet/soft

Back