Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Harry O

yeah it’s 100% 14 one day games but the league were/are toying with the idea of Playing 7 games colours and white balls
7 games whites and red balls
Not sure if they are still thinking this...
Potentially that might happen due to a lack of white balls from the suppliers.
Start date all depends on whether Melbourne reaches the unrealistic Andrews target on Oct 26 of less than 5 cases for a 14 day average. If we somehow reach that despite the ongoing Aged care clusters, then they are saying there would be 3 weeks of training and a mid Nov start of games for metro park cricket.
Junior cricket might start even sooner.

Harry O

i thought I saw somewhere that the Subbies were planning on a Nov 28 start, which does seem more realistic to me.
Premier cricket apparently have an agreement with the players that they would get a 5 week pre season before games, so they are late November, if the restrictions are relaxed around Oct 26
VMCU is advising local cricket comps that they should aim for around a mid Nov return if we go back to stage 2 around Oct 26. It will be up to each local comp though to decide what they want to do

TheScorer

Might be lucky to start before Christmas now, the way things are looking. It will be very difficult to get two rounds in. It's not at all impossible that the cricket season will go the way of junior footy - a non-event.

Harry O

Might be lucky to start before Christmas now, the way things are looking. It will be very difficult to get two rounds in. It's not at all impossible that the cricket season will go the way of junior footy - a non-event.
if they stick to the less than 5 14 day average you will be spot on

Today though Chairman Dan seemed to be wavering on that and I wouldn't be surprised if they allow golf, tennis and cricket training to commence again in the next 7-14 days

TheScorer

if they stick to the less than 5 14 day average you will be spot on

Today though Chairman Dan seemed to be wavering on that and I wouldn't be surprised if they allow golf, tennis and cricket training to commence again in the next 7-14 days
That would be good news for the clubs. Although I must admit a little reluctance to sitting for 5 hours at the scorers table with a mask on...

TheScorer

The fixtures are interesting. 14 one day games as expected, best of three GF for Championship Division (only) which has been rumoured, but the addition of a preliminary final is a bolt out of the blue to me. I wonder whether this is a one-off for 2020/21, or will be an ongoing fixture. I do know of other comps which have 1v2 and 3v4 semis, then a prelim, and a GF, in two-day cricket.