Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

I've just found the 16/17 playing rules on my PC. Rule 21.11 allowed for reserve day (and which was required). However in subsequent years there is no such rule; the only mention of reserve days is related to grand finals. That may not stop the CSB from raising the possibility with the clubs for this year, but it's not written into the rules. The 16/17 rule only covered Championship and Divs 1-4.

Saw the Bentleigh wicket yesterday no way will they play this week the whole table was was waterlogged and with rain expected today and Thursday I dare say no cricket for CSB and even sub district in Glen Eira this week.

That's interesting - and surprised me. We got about 15mm here in the eastern suburbs yesterday, but I see that Moorabbin Airport only had 3 or so. There's hope the cricket season will get under way, although I hope somebody reminds Glen Eira council. :)

Not a lot of rain in Bayside suburbs, more drizzle than anything.
Drove past Hampton CC tonight, single cover on, good to see some clubs doing its best to get a game on this weekend. They had a late start with their Reno’s too so not sure what the Glen Eira council are up too? Being lazy or abit precious maybe?

Not a lot of rain in Bayside suburbs, more drizzle than anything.
Drove past Hampton CC tonight, single cover on, good to see some clubs doing its best to get a game on this weekend. They had a late start with their Reno’s too so not sure what the Glen Eira council are up too? Being lazy or abit precious maybe?
Both. They are not fans of turf cricket.

So with Longonman1970 hearing that Beaumaris won't get up, and Glen Iris again out of action, that would mean three of the four Championship games are in doubt.
Before you howl me down, why don't they play the first two games on the carpet i.e. Sunday and allow time for the grounds to get ready. It must be preferable to not playing any cricket. We have this problem each year. The Council drag the chain and go out of their way to make it hard for Turf comps.

Great to finally start the season! Kudos to the CSB for the flexibility to switch games between venues, resulting in 20 of the 24 possible games in the top 6 grades being played. Good to see that both new clubs had first up wins - although if the scorecard is to be believed Mordialloc's innings should have stopped once they got past Bentleigh. Last years grand finalists were both beaten, so hopefully this is a sign of a very competitive year. In Div 1 a tie and a good win to St Brigids promises an exciting season, but the very big losses by McKinnon and Old Mentonians is a worry. It would be nice to think they each had players missing, otherwise it might be a long season for them.

Great to finally start the season! Kudos to the CSB for the flexibility to switch games between venues, resulting in 20 of the 24 possible games in the top 6 grades being played. Good to see that both new clubs had first up wins - although if the scorecard is to be believed Mordialloc's innings should have stopped once they got past Bentleigh. Last years grand finalists were both beaten, so hopefully this is a sign of a very competitive year. In Div 1 a tie and a good win to St Brigids promises an exciting season, but the very big losses by McKinnon and Old Mentonians is a worry. It would be nice to think they each had players missing, otherwise it might be a long season for them.

Mordialloc batted first in their game against Bentleigh

Back