Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Working on the proviso next season is not directly affected, some areas that could be critical are;

1. Local business support- many of our local sponsors will be hurting through this.
2. Airfares??? O/S players may have substantial flight cost increased.
3. Paid players, will be a few clubs looking at restructuring payments perhaps to incentives ahead of retainers.
4. Council pavilion and ground costs - I believe early indications in Kingston at least are that relief will be provided.
5. CSB affiliation fees - they made noises about having a balance to cover extraordinary events- this seems to be extraordinary.

Any others North?
You are assuming International borders will re-open in the near future. I suspect that may not happen until 2021, so the availability of international players becomes a moot point. Some ordinary players may find that they are in demand, and could get a decent pay day.

You are assuming International borders will re-open in the near future. I suspect that may not happen until 2021, so the availability of international players becomes a moot point. Some ordinary players may find that they are in demand, and could get a decent pay day.

Yeah agreed - events have run on a bit since that post. Would doubt there'd be any OS players flying in this season.
The issue of sponsorship may mean some decent players end up taking a haircut before the ordinary players get a chance on the milking stool.

Oh well the Subbies lovers have won this battle at CV . How does a basket case like Kingston Hawthorn receive $68,000 per year and then to make it worse bring a goose like Grenville on board !

Because Cricket Victoria only care for premier clubs no one else and remember that.
They don’t care for clubs in VTCA,CSB,ECA,DDCA or SECA that why people who are involved at a local club or according the 3rd rate piece of shit that I ran into from St.kilda CC that told me local clubs are made up of players with limited skill that are no more then suburban park cricketers which I found a bit rich and a disgraceful comment.
I Just hope that Cricket Victoria one day becomes an AFL type commission that looks after all cricket and it gets rid of free loaders and starts treating all people involved in all cricket across this state with some dignity and not like some wet rag that it can wipes its hands with any time they want.

That's a disgrace, Kingston Hawthorn are a joke. How many clubs has that bloke been at?

they are complete on there knees financially too. They are getting pressure by the league to be more competitive but no one wants to go there. It’s indicative of how desperate they are for players that he had landed there.
I really don’t think they will be around much longer

they are complete on there knees financially too. They are getting pressure by the league to be more competitive but no one wants to go there. It’s indicative of how desperate they are for players that he had landed there.
I really don’t think they will be around much longer
Like about another 5 clubs who should be pissed off.

What’s the odds they will be in the CSB championship grade in season 2021/22 with the main ground used for future CSB/SECA games there on turf?
Lucky Dandenong CC pulled out of any alignment with them a few years back otherwise they be on the sinking ship with them.

What’s the odds they will be in the CSB championship grade in season 2021/22 with the main ground used for future CSB/SECA games there on turf?
Lucky Dandenong CC pulled out of any alignment with them a few years back otherwise they be on the sinking ship with them.

Dandenong didn't pull out of the agreement. Hawthorn-Monash pulled out as they thought it was a takeover (which every one saw it as)

Dandenong didn't pull out of the agreement. Hawthorn-Monash pulled out as they thought it was a takeover (which every one saw it as)

Was told it was definitely Dandenong withdrawing after never having requested financials presented. Made it untenable.
Hawthorn-Monash was looking at an approaching season without a ground. You don’t pull out in those circumstances.

I see on Facebook that Darren Anderson is going to Premier Cricket. The post says: Cricket Southern Bayside comp 'dropped like a bag of spuds'. But, as always, despite being a Leader Local Cricket post you need to be a Herald-Sun subscriber to read more. I'm not going to do that. Anybody got any details or comments?

I see on Facebook that Darren Anderson is going to Premier Cricket. The post says: Cricket Southern Bayside comp 'dropped like a bag of spuds'. But, as always, despite being a Leader Local Cricket post you need to be a Herald-Sun subscriber to read more. I'm not going to do that. Anybody got any details or comments?

he’s a great bloke and administrator. His position at csb was made redundant by cricket Victoria. It’s a real shame he was Great for the comp. now the competition is going to be run by the clubs which doesn’t bode well...

he’s a great bloke and administrator. His position at csb was made redundant by cricket Victoria. It’s a real shame he was Great for the comp. now the competition is going to be run by the clubs which doesn’t bode well...

Maybe CSB could merge with the VTCA, a South Division would compliment their current North an West Divisions...

he’s a great bloke and administrator. His position at csb was made redundant by cricket Victoria. It’s a real shame he was Great for the comp. now th .e competition is going to be run by the clubs which doesn’t bode well...
It's a disgrace what's happening and the Board of CSB who won't back down

Maybe CSB could merge with the VTCA, a South Division would compliment their current North an West Divisions...

Great response from the Chairman of CSB today.
On any measure what CV has pulled under the pretense of a response to COVID19 has done the sport immeasurable harm.
Good to see the Subbies cheerleader having a gloat. Further underlines how outdated and poorly administered the state governing body for cricket has become.

Great response from the Chairman of CSB today.
On any measure what CV has pulled under the pretense of a response to COVID19 has done the sport immeasurable harm.
Good to see the Subbies cheerleader having a gloat. Further underlines how outdated and poorly administered the state governing body for cricket has become.
Where was the Subbies flog having a crack

Don't worry , this is war .
Hate to tell you suburban cricket has been at war with Cricket Victoria for years.
That's why clubs should look at maybe a cricket party to be formed s so all cricketers male and female , senior or junior that play Turf or Synthetic in ALL competitions across the state should be treated as equals until this happens Cricket Victoria will only look after they mates and Premier Cricket.

Back