Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Hate to tell you suburban cricket has been at war with Cricket Victoria for years.
That's why clubs should look at maybe a cricket party to be formed s so all cricketers male and female , senior or junior that play Turf or Synthetic in ALL competitions across the state should be treated as equals until this happens Cricket Victoria will only look after they mates and Premier Cricket.
Fair call . The voting system is so outdated and then you get the Pres of the Subbies effectively having 2 votes with his relationship with the basket case in Kingston. A club that get nearly 70 G and then recruit the worst bloke to ever play cricket in the suburbs. Local and Country cricket get only 1 vote each. The government needs to step in and move them on and get in to a new century.

With feedback from clubs/players being sought, the following is confirmed:
Start date 07/11/2020
All One Day - possibility for Championship, Div 1 and Div 2 to play 40, 45 or 50 overs based on survey responses.
Best of three OD Grand Finals
All teams in 8 team divisions to play each other twice.
Proposed half red ball OD w/whites return fixture white w/ colours.
Start time to remain 12:30pm

With feedback from clubs/players being sought, the following is confirmed:
Start date 07/11/2020
All One Day - possibility for Championship, Div 1 and Div 2 to play 40, 45 or 50 overs based on survey responses.
Best of three OD Grand Finals
All teams in 8 team divisions to play each other twice.
Proposed half red ball OD w/whites return fixture white w/ colours.
Start time to remain 12:30pm
All you need is it to be dry in September and October and if this not the case councils won’t be able to start due it to be too wet as you can guarantee football will destroy grounds and wicket tables thru training and matches on it.
But premier cricket will be right as if you don’t play premier then your a suburban cricket hack .

Yes, Bayside relegated regardless and depends where Old Mentonians are at. If they are going round again, Chelsea don't get promoted as per last year with Aspendale/Chelt not getting promoted when St Brigids came in.

they aren’t they are either going to fold or play 1 day only.
If by "they" you mean Old Mentonians, I was told when we played them late last season that they would be playing 1 day only. (Although everybody is playing 1 day only this season.) However that was their plan then, lot of water under the bridge since then.

If by "they" you mean Old Mentonians, I was told when we played them late last season that they would be playing 1 day only. (Although everybody is playing 1 day only this season.) However that was their plan then, lot of water under the bridge since then.
We spoke to old mentonians a few weeks ago spoke about a possible merger... the school said it there is a merger there wouldn’t be access to the grounds anymore.
darcy brown has retired also.

Premier cricket runs state cricket , it's a farce.
Yes it is especially at 3rd X1 and 4th X1 but I hear the MCA with grounds around the City of Melbourne might be starting the 1st Saturday in October with 20/20 games to be played but with the 2nd coming of Corona cricket might be put back again especially if AFL Victoria start crying again and ask for an extension on Local Football going to the end of October .
I just hope all Turf and Syntethic Clubs can survive in all Associations in Victoria with good people at all clubs as you know Cricket Victoria doesn't give a F@ck about Local Cricket and wont do anything to help.

Be interested if they accept the affiliation. Might be a case of Subbies throwing them in and seeing what they say....
They have been in negotiations with the Subbies for quite some time. Still, as redefine says, finishing 3rd in Div 2 seems to me to be a long way short of Subbies standard.
So currently it looks like Port out, Dingley in, Old Mentonians playing 1 day cricket only. I have heard that DIngley will be missing 4 or 5 of their premiership team, and might be happy to go in to Div 2, which would mean Chelsea promoted to Div 1 and Bayside stay up. I also thought I heard Bayside wanted to go down - and I note that Murrumbeena have recruited Guruge, their skipper last year - so if they go down too that might mean Dingley come in to Div 1, or perhaps South Caulfield 2nds (runners up in Div 2)
It will be interesting to see the makeup of the competition for the coming (eventually) season.

They have been in negotiations with the Subbies for quite some time. Still, as redefine says, finishing 3rd in Div 2 seems to me to be a long way short of Subbies standard.
So currently it looks like Port out, Dingley in, Old Mentonians playing 1 day cricket only. I have heard that DIngley will be missing 4 or 5 of their premiership team, and might be happy to go in to Div 2, which would mean Chelsea promoted to Div 1 and Bayside stay up. I also thought I heard Bayside wanted to go down - and I note that Murrumbeena have recruited Guruge, their skipper last year - so if they go down too that might mean Dingley come in to Div 1, or perhaps South Caulfield 2nds (runners up in Div 2)
It will be interesting to see the makeup of the competition for the coming (eventually) season.

Yes we have been in discussions with Subbies for some time now and nothing official as yet, as subbies clubs need vote and approve that all 4 clubs be approved for affiliation, will not happen until 2021/22 season, but club is generally excited to be going back to what we call our spiritual home of cricket. And to Redefine who thinks we are going to get smashed, we are under no illusions that we need to recruit some high quality talent so the team that you currently see or have played against in previous years will be vastly different to the one we put out on the park when in Subbies mate.

Yes we have been in discussions with Subbies for some time now and nothing official as yet, as subbies clubs need vote and approve that all 4 clubs be approved for affiliation, will not happen until 2021/22 season, but club is generally excited to be going back to what we call our spiritual home of cricket. And to Redefine who thinks we are going to get smashed, we are under no illusions that we need to recruit some high quality talent so the team that you currently see or have played against in previous years will be vastly different to the one we put out on the park when in Subbies mate.
It's a backward step, to a comp that has declined for years and that's what happens with no up or downs.

It’s a ballsy decision, to leave a localised comp for one with more travel, no promotion/relegation, they could be cellar dwellars for years and no way out. Especially considering how far they have declined since VTCA days.

I’m sure there’s plans in place to recruit, but it’s very gutsy to put all your hopes on recruiting.

Would have liked to have seen them win a 1st XI Premiership in CSB before leaving.

Anyway, big decision and let’s hope the committee who have made it are sticking around for 5-10 years because it could take that long.

Otherwise Subbies have another Moorabbin / Endeavour Hills on their hands.

It’s a ballsy decision, to leave a localised comp for one with more travel, no promotion/relegation, they could be cellar dwellars for years and no way out. Especially considering how far they have declined since VTCA days.

I’m sure there’s plans in place to recruit, but it’s very gutsy to put all your hopes on recruiting.

Would have liked to have seen them win a 1st XI Premiership in CSB before leaving.

Anyway, big decision and let’s hope the committee who have made it are sticking around for 5-10 years because it could take that long.

Otherwise Subbies have another Moorabbin / Endeavour Hills on their hands.

they’ve been trying to get back into the subbies since the early 2000’s when they flew that bloke down from Darwin and had daykin.
Do the subbies still get a dividend from cricket Victoria ?? We were speaking to a couple of their old blokes 2 years ago when we used to play them and they said they had no money. It’s going to be hard to recruit good cricketers withour coin.

Back