Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Well I hope that applies to all grades of Premier not just suburban cricket.
If cricket is to be put back it should apply to all cricket as it would be a slap in the face to local cricket if Premier goes ahead and others get put back.

Well I hope that applies to all grades of Premier not just suburban cricket.
If cricket is to be put back it should apply to all cricket as it would be a slap in the face to local cricket if Premier goes ahead and others get put back.
It's hard to see how anyone could rationalise different treatments for the two levels.

It's hard to see how anyone could rationalise different treatments for the two levels.
Cricket Victoria seems too only competition that I can see starting on the 1st or 2nd week of October is the Mercantile Cricket Association as a lot of they grounds are within the boundary’s of the city of Melbourne and they seem to get them ready before most competitions.

Cricket Victoria seems too only competition that I can see starting on the 1st or 2nd week of October is the Mercantile Cricket Association as a lot of they grounds are within the boundary’s of the city of Melbourne and they seem to get them ready before most competitions.
And that whole social competition is a joke

Maybe a joke of a competition but seem to get games up at the start of the season where other competitions can’t plus seem to attract clubs from Sub District Premier ECA and the CSB which must mean something.
They destroy wickets by playing when wickets are under water , or not ready. They are a joke.

Might not be many games pre Christmas the way Stage 4 is going. Maybe a few games in December.
I believe they are (or were) looking at a 14 (one day) game season. If the season starts first Saturday in December there are only 11 Saturdays (with 2 missing for the Xmas break) in Dec-Jan-Feb. There's going to have to be two or three Sunday games in the mix, to get to 14. That's if we can start first Saturday in December. Whoever "they" are, given the lack of competition management blokes at the moment.

After today's announcement from the Premier about Stage 4 lockdown will cricket start before Xmas it will be interesting to see what happens down the track.
Also heard a rumor a certain South Caulfield identity enquired about a vacant Turf curating position at Glen Eira Council maybe they should hire him as the 2 guys they had last year at Bentleigh and Lords Reserve are both gone maybe he can fix the situation at Bentleigh but Lords is a different thing he might be told by guru or idiot from the club up the road depends who you talk too on how to do the Turf wickets.

Looking like it, 3 week lead in, going to be some blokes in a pretty good paddock trying to shed some kilos quickly

Colours and white balls season only?

yeah it’s 100% 14 one day games but the league were/are toying with the idea of Playing 7 games colours and white balls
7 games whites and red balls
Not sure if they are still thinking this...

Back