Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Just to digress,would the reason CSB cant attract umpires be because they dont pay cash anymore? Subbies still pay cash which really appeals to most umps hence the full book in every grade.

Just to digress,would the reason CSB cant attract umpires be because they dont pay cash anymore? Subbies still pay cash which really appeals to most umps hence the full book in every grade.

I asked a similar question and the umpires actually asked to be paid directly into their accounts. Apparently they were having a lot of issues getting the cash off some clubs.

I asked a similar question and the umpires actually asked to be paid directly into their accounts. Apparently they were having a lot of issues getting the cash off some clubs.
Well name the clubs and if this is the case and the CSB board give out penalties to those involved EG:Fines and point reductions.
That will stop this madness and speaking of madness what’s the CSB going to do with Dingley and Aspendale next year they can’t be both put in the same grade or do they put 2 umpires at all games they play and have CSB officials in attendance every time they play?.

What's the story with the Championship GF? I thought it was to be best of three, but there is no mention of the second game on My Cricket. I understand it was likely to be a washout, with game 3 next Saturday. But currently My Cricket has Saturday's result - a narrow win to South Caulfield, and no sign of anything else. Am I mistaken in assuming that having three dates listed for the GF meant is was best of three?

What's the story with the Championship GF? I thought it was to be best of three, but there is no mention of the second game on My Cricket. I understand it was likely to be a washout, with game 3 next Saturday. But currently My Cricket has Saturday's result - a narrow win to South Caulfield, and no sign of anything else. Am I mistaken in assuming that having three dates listed for the GF meant is was best of three?

I believe that today's game is under GF2

Well atm is seems South Caulfield are in a winning position after Saturday’s win in the Grand Final just we don’t get a washout over the weekend on both days .
Now with Mordialloc winning Division 1 and now going up to Championship again let’s hope they can do better this time around.
Now will Clayton continue the form they displayed in Division 2 in Division 1.
It will be an interesting time for the CSB on how cricket will be played and Administrated for next year especially with a Springvale and Keysbourough possibility of joining the competition which will help the CSB get stronger.

If there's enough overs for a completed match then a Beaumaris win will give them the flag, surely, as the highest ranked team in the GF. I haven't seen the rules (the best of three concept does not appear in the CSB Pennant Rules for the season so I don't know what the official stance is.) The weather forecast seems to have less rain around than looked likely a day or two ago, so fingers crossed for a match with a result.

As for the administration, it has not been as good as previous years, but I guess that's to be expected somewhat with a couple of blokes putting their hands up fairly late in the piece, and having to learn "on the job".

If there's enough overs for a completed match then a Beaumaris win will give them the flag, surely, as the highest ranked team in the GF. I haven't seen the rules (the best of three concept does not appear in the CSB Pennant Rules for the season so I don't know what the official stance is.) The weather forecast seems to have less rain around than looked likely a day or two ago, so fingers crossed for a match with a result.

As for the administration, it has not been as good as previous years, but I guess that's to be expected somewhat with a couple of blokes putting their hands up fairly late in the piece, and having to learn "on the job".
If South win Saturday it's over , if Beaumaris win Saturday it goes to Sunday, if it's 1 all Beauy win.

How long can South Caulfield keep going on being successful another premiership in the CSB 3 in 5 years playing off in the Grand Final every year who’s going to step up to the plate and dethrone them.
Beaumaris?,Bentleigh?Hampton? There the only 3 that could do it the rest of the clubs in Championship are making up the numbers.
Can Mordialloc survive in championship or face relegation again with a possibility of Bonbeach,Murrumbeena or Carnegie being in the bottom half of the ladder with them trying to fight off relegation.

How long can South Caulfield keep going on being successful another premiership in the CSB 3 in 5 years playing off in the Grand Final every year who’s going to step up to the plate and dethrone them.
Beaumaris?,Bentleigh?Hampton? There the only 3 that could do it the rest of the clubs in Championship are making up the numbers.
Can Mordialloc survive in championship or face relegation again with a possibility of Bonbeach,Murrumbeena or Carnegie being in the bottom half of the ladder with them trying to fight off relegation.

It's pretty even, you've mentioned 4 out of 8 clubs that can win it.
Hampton, Bentleigh have won a 2 day flag, Bonbeach a white ball, clearly Sth Caulfield have been the best and most dominant. Deserve their accolades. Success breeds success and they have topped up each year when they have to. What happens with Erasmus?
It was a strange season, glad we got cricket in.
Back to 2 dayers next year?

Caught some of this game,6/30 odd when I arrived,game over,W.Russell class above for the visitors,Beauys attack dropped away after the two openers finished,bit puzzling winning the toss and batting after the wicket had been under covers for so long??

It's pretty even, you've mentioned 4 out of 8 clubs that can win it.
Hampton, Bentleigh have won a 2 day flag, Bonbeach a white ball, clearly Sth Caulfield have been the best and most dominant. Deserve their accolades. Success breeds success and they have topped up each year when they have to. What happens with Erasmus?
It was a strange season, glad we got cricket in.
Back to 2 dayers next year?
Why do you mention Erasmus ?

Caught some of this game,6/30 odd when I arrived,game over,W.Russell class above for the visitors,Beauys attack dropped away after the two openers finished,bit puzzling winning the toss and batting after the wicket had been under covers for so long??
This bizarre decision cos Beauy the game! Well done to SCCC

Congrats South Caulfield, dominant both matches.
... and pretty dominant for the whole season. I think they were on top after almost every round. They had a few narrow wins, which some might call lucky, but when you win three or four games in close finishes (which included the first GF) perhaps it is ability to handle the pressure of a close finish, rather than luck. Well done indeed.

Back