Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Re: Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

NT Strike squad is scheduled to start training again first week of October.[/QUOTE]

Any word on the strike squad?

I'd be interested to see how each club was represented and how this correlates to ladder position...

msbotswana;409885 said:
Any word on the strike squad?

I'd be interested to see how each club was represented and how this correlates to ladder position...

First training is scheduled for Thursday week. Trial matches on the 23/24. Team to be named following week.

The players that I know are in the squad or there abouts is;
Bleakley, Jensen, Short, Williams, Toner, Hanna - Palmerston
Pemble, Bell - Southern Districts
- Nightcliff
Gardiner, Schmulian - Waratah
Lavers, Hodgson, Brown - PINT
Briggs, Brautigam, Flynn, Ryan - Darwin
Cooper, McDermott, Crowe, Knox - Tracy Village
Cornford - Alice Springs

The final 13 will probably look something like;
Williams, Crowe/Bell, Short, Gardiner, Lavers, Cooper/Briggs, Jensen, Cornford, Pemble, Hodgson, Hanna, Schmulian & Toner/Brautigam/Ryan

Cooper & Crowe being on U19's team as well potentially clashing with the carnival.

Big issue is the lack of a front line spinner. I think they may try and call Herd up as we're allowed one player from out of the NT who has played the season.

Based on that the hypothetical "senior pathway premiership" so to speak is as follows:

Palmerston (6)
Tracy (4)
Darwin (4)
PINT (3)
Waratah (2)
Distrcits (2)
Nightcliff (nil)

Makes for interesting reading. I also note your squad includes a b grader.

I assume you are talking about Knox? He played A's up until he was injured.

It's a decent squad, if Troy Ryan does indeed play along with Hodgson, Pemble and Hanna then the bowling attack has some potency regardless of there not being a spinner. They play 12 through out the tournament, so someone like Brautigam or Toner can sneak into the side and be quite valuable.

Back