Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Re: Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

OhMyGodTheChips;407037 said:
You, not me, blamed NT Cricket for hosting the event on the wrong night, when other factors like the NT Government (who are the major stake holders) or that the teams aren't even here a week or that they had to negotiate with AFLNT hold influence. How is that me being mistaken? It's nit picking crap like this that is so prevalent and does nothing for the competition or the governing body.

You might just be mistaken because you seem to be placing a whole lot of emphasis and deciding a whole lot of things based on missing one welcoming reception. That's pretty small thinking...

I don't agree with you OMGTC, but that's ok. I didn't point the finger of blame at anybody, (I know full well it's an NT Govt event), and merely mentioned that being on a training night from 5.30pm-7pm was perhaps poor timing. Fair call too from what I hear from others, (except you).

I can assure you that missing one welcoming reception drink doesn't mean what you are making it out to be. There's more support from the grassroots for first class cricket in Darwin than you think and hopefully that will manifest itself in future years. You can continue this thread if you want, but I'l opt out at this point for fear of boring everybody else!

Awesome days cricket locally yesterday and the whole season hangs in the balance until the final day of the reg season. Semi opponents and even the Club Championship won't be known until well into the last day and that's gotta be good for cricket!

Darth Vadar;407096 said:
You might just be mistaken because you seem to be placing a whole lot of emphasis and deciding a whole lot of things based on missing one welcoming reception. That's pretty small thinking...

I don't agree with you OMGTC, but that's ok. I didn't point the finger of blame at anybody, (I know full well it's an NT Govt event), and merely mentioned that being on a training night from 5.30pm-7pm was perhaps poor timing. Fair call too from what I hear from others, (except you).

I can assure you that missing one welcoming reception drink doesn't mean what you are making it out to be. There's more support from the grassroots for first class cricket in Darwin than you think and hopefully that will manifest itself in future years. You can continue this thread if you want, but I'l opt out at this point for fear of boring everybody else!

You've missed the point again.

As I've already said, you are nit picking, it is shit and it something that is continually done by yourself and other people in the D&DCA competition. All you are trying to do is undermine the association and the governing body without offering real solutions. So yes, you are thinking pretty small.

Well NCC will have 4 out of 5 senior teams playing in finals and 4 out 5 junior sides but could also be 5 out 5 if our 17's get up over Pints this last round and the TV boys lose. Great effort from our 17's though as they hardly won a game last year and now could push their way into the finals. So all in all even if we don't win the club championship we are more focused on winning the finals matches in week 1 and the the GF's.......possibly 9/10 sides playing in September will make it a busy month. Oh and our 3 under 11 sides had heaps of fun this year playing around on all the grounds.

You can have it built for you but they don't always come.

acek00;407108 said:
So all in all even if we don't win the club championship we are more focused on winning the finals matches in week 1 and the the GF's.....

I think Nightcliff would love dearly to get over the line for Club Champions but TV getting an outright win against Darwin makes it very difficult given the almost certainty they will get one in the final round.

The focus on finals will come next week. This week it's about an attainable trophy.

All grade cricket has been washed out today and unlikely any of the D & E grade to play tomorrow.

TEAM - P - W- D - L - POINTS
1. Tracy Village - 12 - 10 - 0 - 2 - 94.27
2. Nightcliff - 12 -7 - 0 - 4 - 76.13
3. Darwin - 12 - 6 - 0 - 6 - 68.77
4. PINT - 12 - 6 - 1 - 5 - 68.02
---------------------------
5. Palmerston - 12 - 7 - 0 - 4 - 65.58
6. Southern Districts - 12 - 3 - 1 -8 - 47.77
7. Waratah - 12 - 1 - 0 - 11 - 29.38

*Match points TBC

Palmerston and Darwin now look to have snuck in and PINT can consider themselves unlucky. Had Nightcliff won first innings last week (just 2 short of passing them), Palmerston would have been knocked out. Darwin hold on and may even get third spot depending on how the wash out points are allocated between Nightcliff and Palmerston.

PINT have the right to feel hard done by, with a game earlier in the season against Southern Districts being washed out (though I tipped a SD victory), but they left their run a little too late.

First week of finals will be;
TV vs Darwin - At Tracy Village Oval
Nightcliff vs PINT - At Nightcliff Oval

To win the Flag
Tracy Village - 1.7
Nightcliff - 5.00
PINT - 8.00
Darwin - 13.00
Palmerston
Southern Districts
Waratah

*Edit - Apparently PINT are still trying to get a game underway against Tahs. Looks like PINT are going to get the outright. Palmerston which will push either Darwin or Palmerston out. Palmerston confirmed are out of the finals.

Top five as the regular season finishes;

TEAM - P - W- D - L - POINTS
1. Tracy Village - 12 - 10 - 0 - 2 - 94.27
2. Nightcliff - 12 -7 - 0 - 4 - 1 - 79.13
3. PINT - 12 - 6 - 1 - 5 - 68.82
4. Darwin - 12 - 6 - 0 - 6 - 68.77
---------------------------
5. Palmerston - 12 - 7 - 0 - 4 - 1 - 68.58

With no play happening in the Nightcliff/Palmerston and TV/Districts match and only a session and a bit between PINT and Waratah. Hopefully the weather clears up for an uninterrupted finals series.

Looks like the ladder is how is written above.

Fortune for PINT as they took a wicket just as the rain was coming down and Tahs declared with 39 in front. Apparently Tahs wanted the bats to slog and get out so they could go home. When two bats started to form a partnership, those on the sidelines got upset so the skipper (Green) declared. Schmulian 50+* was not impressed.

There was a suggestion that N/cliff A grade got a win based on run rate but after looking over the rules on Sunday I can confirm there is no suggestion comming from the NCC camp in contesting the draw.

Looks like TV get the Club Championship based on a result in both A's and B's together with NCC not able to score the 3 runs required in the A's.

Guido;407670 said:
Looks like the ladder is how is written above.

Fortune for PINT as they took a wicket just as the rain was coming down and Tahs declared with 39 in front. Apparently Tahs wanted the bats to slog and get out so they could go home. When two bats started to form a partnership, those on the sidelines got upset so the skipper (Green) declared. Schmulian 50+* was not impressed.

There was a suggestion that N/cliff A grade got a win based on run rate but after looking over the rules on Sunday I can confirm there is no suggestion comming from the NCC camp in contesting the draw.

Looks like TV get the Club Championship based on a result in both A's and B's together with NCC not able to score the 3 runs required in the A's.

Well also heard that Umps and Captains of both side at the B grade game called the game off before 1pm as it was too wet, but the TV prez made them play "apparently" which seems like a desperate act. Didn't think the umpires decision could be turned by a President? But thats the way they roll.

I think it is more than credible for a club president to use his position to force the captains and umpires to play on a potentially dangerous playing surface, as he surely has the club(s) and associations best interests in hand.

Tracy Village apparently don't want to play at home for their semi-final because their bowlers have performed poorly there. They're looking at Gardens, Kahlin or Marrara. The choice is theirs but if they're serious, questions have to be asked about their mentality.

OhMyGodTheChips;407696 said:
Tracy Village apparently don't want to play at home for their semi-final because their bowlers have performed poorly there. They're looking at Gardens, Kahlin or Marrara. The choice is theirs but if they're serious, questions have to be asked about their mentality.

Haha the mind games have started already have they.... We will be playing at home, and why wouldn't we? We haven't lost a home game all season!

Semi-Finals - Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th September
1.20 Tracy Villages vs 5.00 Darwin - Tracy Village Oval
1.95 Nightcliff vs 2.05 PINT - Marrara

Tracy Village have already written in their appearance in the Grand Final next week. No known changes for Village and Burton back in for Darwin. A score of 250+ is a minimum with TV being one of the flattest decks in town.

Nightcliff and PINT will be an interesting contest. It'll come down to the Cranmer-Calkin and Berry-Lavers show, though Hatton or Hodgson could put their hand up as well. Expecting a close match with Nightcliff to prevail.

acek00;407671 said:
Well also heard that Umps and Captains of both side at the B grade game called the game off before 1pm as it was too wet, but the TV prez made them play "apparently" which seems like a desperate act. Didn't think the umpires decision could be turned by a President? But thats the way they roll.

Niether Captain of either side did such a thing and you guys are dreaming if you think anybody can force a opposition side or an umpire to play on an unfit surface. Nor was any attempt made to sway anybody.

What we did was all pitch in from 8am that morning to dry the square out, including borrowing the super sopper from Marrara and standing out there with a hand held blower for hours.

You know better than that Acek and your hatred for the Death Star seems to be clouding your judgement. (Didn't we feed you well and look after you last week?). Make that sort of bulshit rumour into an accusation and you would find yourself in a whole world of trouble.

It's sad you people have such anger. This forum could be quite constructive.

OhMyGodTheChips;407684 said:
I think it is more than credible for a club president to use his position to force the captains and umpires to play on a potentially dangerous playing surface, as he surely has the club(s) and associations best interests in hand.

Jack, Jack,

You've gotta remember that when you put something on the net it is in the public forum. That means you are wide open for legal action if you publish something that may be considered defamatory. And I find the suggestions you have made extremely offensive and ridiculous.

Careful mate. It seems in your book we can't be old enough to have opposing points of view and still be respectful.

Good natured digs at opposing clubs are one thing. Getting nasty and personal is another entirely. You can have that to yourself.

Darth Vadar;408022 said:
Niether Captain of either side did such a thing and you guys are dreaming if you think anybody can force a opposition side or an umpire to play on an unfit surface. Nor was any attempt made to sway anybody.

What we did was all pitch in from 8am that morning to dry the square out, including borrowing the super sopper from Marrara and standing out there with a hand held blower for hours.

You know better than that Acek and your hatred for the Death Star seems to be clouding your judgement. (Didn't we feed you well and look after you last week?). Make that sort of bulshit rumour into an accusation and you would find yourself in a whole world of trouble.

It's sad you people have such anger. This forum could be quite constructive.

What ever Vader. Had it confirmed to me today. I had it brought to my attention by other clubs, so even the wider cricket community where like you guys have been shafted this is what's happened.

Anger? what do you expect?

What sort of trouble? Is that a threat?

Anyway what's done is done. Well done on the CC shame NCC have lost it due to rain.

Darth Vadar;408023 said:
Careful mate. It seems in your book we can't be old enough to have opposing points of view and still be respectful.

Good natured digs at opposing clubs are one thing. Getting nasty and personal is another entirely. You can have that to yourself.

I laid a point, you haven't refuted it, it appears that you can't be respectful, don't have a point and are old and then have used intimidation as a factor.

Well done.

Tracy Villages 4 for 95 vs Darwin 182 - Tracy Village Oval
Nightcliff 260 vs PINT - Marrara

Both games are alive going into Sunday. Darwin up against it and will need early wickets otherwise TV should get the runs by lunch. Nightcliff made about 40 runs less than they should have after a strong start. Runs on the board and Marrara being a large ground means there is plenty of work for PINT to do.

Tracy Villages 159 & 2 for 92 defeated by Darwin 182 & 106 - Tracy Village Oval
Nightcliff 256 defeated PINT 175 - Marrara

All I can say is an unbelievable game at Tracy Village.

Reports from both days;

Nightcliff, Tracy Village in control | Northern Territory News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au

Darwin stuns Village | Northern Territory News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au

I thought we had the best team we had ever assembled at this club, (I still do). And we were beaten by a better team on the weekend...

I just want to congratulate Darwin for beating us fair and square, and Nightcliff for being the other finalist which is entirely appropriate given your excellent season.

I also want to thank my guys. I bled with them during the year and cried with them last night. They will not be champion team this year, but they are all champion blokes and the reason I'll do it all again for them next year.

B, E, Women's, U17 & U13 are still alive at the Death Star and the spirit is strong. Dented, but strong. Again, congrats to Darwin and NC. That's cricket.

Back