Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Re: Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Looks a very good win. Great to see Macca get a ton up. Hope Coops brings that form to the Maharastra State T20 match Sunday week.

Didn't have enough overs left to get the outright against Tahs, fell short by about 40 runs chasing 130 in a minimum of 12 overs.

Final four still wide open, nobody can afford to drop a game or two in the last three rounds.

Agreed. The traditional PINT late run should be interesting to watch. Can they tip somebody out of the four, and if so, who will it be...

Round 11 - Saturday 17th & 24th July
Southern Districts v BYE
Waratah 197 & 175 defeated by Darwin 242 & 4 for 90 - Gardens Oval
Palmerston 190 defeated by PINT 228 & 8 for 160 - Woodroffe Oval
Nightcliff 328 defeated by Tracy Village 433 - Nightcliff Oval

McDermott & Cooper with hundreds for TV. Lawrence got 6 wickets for Tahs.

Round 12 - Saturday 31st July & 7th August
Palmerston v BYE
2.20 Southern Districts v 1.80 Darwin - Fred's Pass
1.80 Nightcliff v PINT 2.20 - Nightcliff Oval
1.05 Tracy Village v 15.00 Waratah - Tracy Village Oval

Couple of make or break games this weekend. PINT, Darwin and Districts all need a win, while TV and Nightcliff will both want to win big to get/keep top spot.

Southern Districts will need to bat well and will rely heavily on Moffat to get them the win here or it will be left up to Pemble & Harper to do the work with the ball. Darwin are on a slight roll and should be hard to beat with Ryan coming back in to give the bowling a much needed boost.

Nightcliff have lost two straight and the rumours are flying around regarding their imports and cohesion at the club. PINT will rely heavily on Lavers to get the points and it still remains to be seen if Manou or Berry are actually going to play for the Greens while Kuru/Bracewell leaving is still being talked up. Tough to call without knowing the ins & outs.

Tracy Village will be all over Waratah and it is just a question of whether they will get the outright or not, with the maximum points on offer and top spot, it should be motivation enough.

To Win the Flag
Tracy Village - 2.25
Nightcliff - 3.50
Palmerston - 8.75
Darwin - 12.00
PINT - 26.00
Southern Districts - 26.00
Waratah - 2001.00

OhMyGodTheChips;404066 said:
Nightcliff have lost two straight and the rumours are flying around regarding their imports and cohesion at the club. PINT will rely heavily on Lavers to get the points and it still remains to be seen if Manou or Berry are actually going to play for the Greens while Kuru/Bracewell leaving is still being talked up. Tough to call without knowing the ins & outs.

OMGTC, you are becoming like an arm of the NT News with your constant unfounded rumours and lazy ‘reporting’…the only thing you have now not reported on this website are UFO sightings or opening with Croc stories:confused::confused:…but I guess the season is not over yet!

The simple fact is that Kuru and Bracewell have been selected in Champion’s league squads for South Africa in September and are flying back to NZ with the Tigers’ blessings to train to attempt to make the final squads. Nightcliff CC is proud to have so many players in contention to play Champion’s league and may possibly have more playing in that competition than any other club side in the world.

Remaining players will have to step up at Tigerland to defend our top-2 spot, which is exactly what our players are rolling up the sleeves and doing. It was a great comeback by TV on the weekend to beat the Tigers and whilst we were on the receiving end in the finish, it was a pretty good cricket game and advertisement for Darwin cricket. Hopefully the Tigers will be able to stay well in the running for the 2010 Triple Crown!

msbotswana;404135 said:
I hope tahs pump tracy...

Anythings possible, but some things are highly unlikely. Have the Village done something to upset you msbotswana????

Not sure about the cohesion issue at N/cliff, I must be out of the loop within the team I play in.

True however that the Tigers have a tough run home with players needing to return to NZ but a possibility of getting Cranmer back this coming round may help. Have also had unavailabilities in Foley, Tippett and Hawkins recently which didn't help last round results accross the club as they could have been selected in the A's or B's. My understanding is they will be available this week but in tippett and Foley, anything is possible.

An interesting thing came out of last round match at N/cliff oval also - no spinner took a wicket on either day!

Either I was really drunk when someone said who it was or they said someone completely different. Well good luck to Nugget, it's a tough one.

msbotswana;404135 said:
I hope tahs pump tracy...

I think a wash out is tahs best chance.

Be the look of the club they have NO DEPTH. Piercy playing D Grade. Lawrence injured and Green out of form with the bat and not able to bowl really hurts the Red caps.

I would say that the comp is still wide open. My pick is TV for the flag and Pints as the dark horse.

Guido;404142 said:
An interesting thing came out of last round match at N/cliff oval also - no spinner took a wicket on either day!

A very good point, and may I add that it was a cracking wicket! There was a bit in it early before it flattened out after lunch both days. Nightcliff have copped a bit of stick recently about the wicket but it seems there is a bit more grass on it now than previous years and it played very well. I'm sure there is a couple of players in the Tigers camp that wont be happy with it however haha. Must be a while since Mark Hatton hasn't taken a wicket in an innings at Nightcliff? Has he reached the 400 wicket barrier yet or still a few shy?

Will Cramner bowl again this year? Or will he just be playing as a bat?

Yes Mark took his 400th during the first 2 day game against Tahs.

Cramner is back this week and not sure if he will bowl. one thing is for sure if he can he will. He's quite a team man and will do what it takes to win.

See you at the G on Sunday the 15th for a beer Turk....Go Hawks I'll be there from the Friday anyways if you boys are in the city drinking anywhere.

The Darwin teams selected to play against Maharashtra in a T20 and 3 day match should be officially announced tomorrow.

I agree, (well, I hope so anyway), but I wouldn't discount Palmy either. They've been ticking along nicely a bit under the radar. This years final series shapes to be one of the best in years I reckon. Some good players in all clubs means the chance for some blistering cricket.
(That was reply to Darwin Cricket's post above. Finger problems...)

How do you know it was a good wicket? Did the other lads who batted on it for more than a few minutes tell you about it? Love ya brother!

Back