Darwin & District Cricket - 2012

They wont rest me that game I give you the tip! Shame I wont get to face your one over you bowl that goes for 20

Haha. You're one of the biggest frauds going around. You're trying to say that you're playing in the Country Champs against us? From what I can see, there is no Shane Piercy in the NSW Country team.

So news going round is that the NT will have a team in the SACA comp for 2013/14.
Is this going to work, considering it is a struggle to get a Country Champ squad together for a week, let alone whole season.

IT WILL NOT WORK, unless it's only a team for the T20 comps and the One day comp. SACA will need to scrap their 19's team from the competitions then as well. The NT players down here will not play for a club different to the ones they are at unless there is significant money involved.

The super league is the best thing that can happen for NT Cricket, ACT Cricket and SA Cricket. The only reason it won't work is because Adelaide clubs are selfish and don't have cricket or their players as the vested interest.

It sets a higher standards for players from the SA and gives direct opportunity for NT and ACT players to be directly picked into the state system. So yes it is a far better option than Country Champs. So JAL are you suggesting that Tom Andrews and Jake Weatherald won't represent the NT at this level when they maybe on the fringe of a full strength Eastern or Southern super team? Unlikely.

Along with that, it will likely push the D&DCA season to a higher standard with potentially an influx of quality players looking to find an easier option to break through to a state side. Obviously there will need to be some ironing out of what is required but all reports by SACA it is going to happen regardless.

Hang on... If Mong is Shane Piercy and I am also Shane Piercy, then who is the real Piercy.

Your alter ego.

Call me Piercy agian and you will be drinking your meals

No point mate, already do. You know the standard Territorian diet of four Pauls Iced Coffees a day. How do you think I got so massive? Just let me know when they update the Country Cricket NSW site to reflect that you are actually playing in the team. Alternatively when called up and asked if you are posting on an internet forum, say that yes, that is me.

There needs to be a set lock on players in certain teams then. No players can play agame for an Eastern team and then get dropped and then go to the NT team just because they are from darwin. Personally i believe, and the general consensus among most Grade players, that the Super League will be a complete flop.

Your alter ego.

No point mate, already do. You know the standard Territorian diet of four Pauls Iced Coffees a day. How do you think I got so massive? Just let me know when they update the Country Cricket NSW site to reflect that you are actually playing in the team. Alternatively when called up and asked if you are posting on an internet forum, say that yes, that is me.

So you are calling me Mong or Piercy.
Considering he lives on the GC, don't think Piercy will be playing for NSW Country.

With regards to influx of players looking for another way to State cricket - maybe there should be a cap on the number on imports per club, so that locals are still getting a good shot at it as well. This might not bode well for the likes of Waratahs but it will be sad if we end up with a comp of imports and a couple of locals only per team.

This comp could work but NT Cricket will have to manage it well - do they have the money or skills to do that?

So you are calling me Mong or Piercy.
Considering he lives on the GC, don't think Piercy will be playing for NSW Country.

With regards to influx of players looking for another way to State cricket - maybe there should be a cap on the number on imports per club, so that locals are still getting a good shot at it as well. This might not bode well for the likes of Waratahs but it will be sad if we end up with a comp of imports and a couple of locals only per team.

This comp could work but NT Cricket will have to manage it well - do they have the money or skills to do that?

AYAM claims to be Ian Redpath. Ian Redpath is not in the Country NSW side (the team selection can be found here; http://ccnsw.nsw.cricket.com.au/), nor did Ian Redpath say he was AYAM when asked about it and denied any knowledge of the forum. Hence calling out AYAM Shane Piercy, who is a renowned story teller and wouldn't put pass impersonating someone on a forum, which I am sure you can verify.

As for capping imports, good luck. Not going to happen, TV and Tahs will be dead in the water and then also the prospect of turning away cricketers, why would you want to do that? The best solution is to encourage long term players to the D&DCC and the NT would be the players are ineligible to represent the Territory until they've played two seasons, there is already enough depth in the D&DCC to put in a strong team that would seriously compete.

NT News article; http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2012/12/04/315637_ntsport.html

AYAM claims to be Ian Redpath. Ian Redpath is not in the Country NSW side (the team selection can be found here; http://ccnsw.nsw.cricket.com.au/), nor did Ian Redpath say he was AYAM when asked about it and denied any knowledge of the forum. Hence calling out AYAM Shane Piercy, who is a renowned story teller and wouldn't put pass impersonating someone on a forum, which I am sure you can verify.

I can verify that I am not Mong nor Piercy. I can also verify that Mong is not Piercy. Back to square one in identifying him.

As for depth - there is probably enough to get a decent team but not much else beyond that at the moment. Have a look at a lot of the clubs, beyond the imports and couple of decent local players there generally isn't too much coming through the grades.

I can verify that I am not Mong nor Piercy. I can also verify that Mong is not Piercy. Back to square one in identifying him.

As for depth - there is probably enough to get a decent team but not much else beyond that at the moment. Have a look at a lot of the clubs, beyond the imports and couple of decent local players there generally isn't too much coming through the grades.

Last I heard Piercy is top of the google search results. Not fussed to be honest about identities, it is easier to bitch and moan about the negatives, rather than actually have something constructive to say. And there have been plenty of opportunities this season to have a crack in a public forum and make their grievances heard, but hasn't happened has it.

The depth is there, there is more incentive to play and will more than likely be picking a full strength side rather than trying to get players to take two weeks off at a pretty poor time of year. It also has the potential to bring back players into the fold like Short, Scollay, Francis, Dilley and Chatto who want to represent the Territory but can't because of there being no pathway for them to go further. I'm not saying those players are all going to get picked but it will actually give cricket a chance to grow and maintain depth, rather than losing players once they hit 18,19,20 and want to have a crack at furthering their cricket interstate.

I have it on a reliable source that the above players are being looked at, however, players such as Kane Richardson will play for an SA team due to his contract.

Chatto is playing 2nds witch is rubbish! there 1s comp is rubbish have a look at whos playing there, come on they wouldnt get a game for southern disticts b grade side some of them!

Back