Darwin & District Cricket - 2012

yeah they were uterly rubbish, hence why we fixed them. and you can say we got a HAND OUT because we got grants and funding to help. but we did. Pints do have it easier in the fact they have to find less volenteers then other clubs, but they do pay for the use of the grounds.... but i bet you that all clubs would happily pay for a curater and not have to find one every year
mate we struggle to get volunteers for the club.

everyone does... Cause everyone wants to turn up and play and thinks that everything is magically ready for them.

It is the eternal struggle, but you can understand why people think that you have a easier ride because you have a number of positions you don;t need to fill.

Only reason we don;t struggle for a curator is because bobby long grass come accross and seems settled in there.

All clubs have come from humble beginning. I mean even TV as great as they were in the old days you had to change out in the open under a tree for decades. I know the Tigers and more cricket in general have had to raised their profile in their local community which has been so strong footy focus. Massive new shed, net upgrades, new roller and getting a very good curator are just some of the thing the club have had to raise for through sponsors, fund raising, grants etc. I'm sure all clubs have these things on their agenda each year, plus the amount of Junior and Senior equipment that is bought and maintained along with training gear...the list just goes on and on.....We all love to hate clubs we go into battle with but I respect the people that put in the hours behind the senses trying to make their clubs better and provide better environments for the players and supporters. at the end of the day we do it for the love of our clubs.

for sure, but im not sure old mate "legend" seems to grasp what it actually takes to run a club. volunteers and supporters are the spine any club you dont have those you will struggle.

pints dont have a roller never have had a roller. tiges have and theirs has broken down on many occasion or do you not remember that, not denying they did vandalise and penalties were handed out to those involved some involving NT representation and that they wouldnt be able to. and btw it want only pint players there either but you also knew that as everyone fills you in whats happening around NT cricket.

what about the time when we had a bloke playing up here who was helping with both wickets how good were they then, probably the best they had been in years, but no need to tell you as you knew that as well im sure.

look every club has there own problems and there own double standards. But airing them out and rubbishing clubs is not going to help things at all. The only thing we should be doing is to make sure that darwin cricket represents the stadard that we are at. Not a artificial comp full of interstaters that have no idea or care for our clubs the comp or the people who run this game we play.

I nevber have been before but i firmly belive that we need to have a system that has a maximum number of interstate recruits per year. so that our local players have a grade they can play. Becuase it is clear that if left up to individual clubs and captains, they will pick imports and send thier clubs bankrupt doing so.

While I'm glad the thread has picked up and there is now a wide range of voices with opinions being explored here, the exchanges are getting side tracked, the real focus here should be on the cricket and the season as it is now in swing. This tit for tat flame festival does nothing for anyone. I'll post this round's write up later today and try to finish the club reviews.

A free ride requires it to actually be a free ride doesn't it legend? PINT pay for use of facilities. Hence, no free ride. The quality of players in Darwin just isn't enough when NT Cricket wants a Futures League team. That is what NT Strike is all bout, making the next step. If players need to come up from down south to strengthen the competition and improve the overall level of cricket for this to happen then so be it. The harder it is to get a game in A Grade the better off the Territory and it's cricketers will be.

yeah i heard it was for the love of the game. what a joke. didn't happen to play for pint as well by any chance. pint don't have a roller so have never had to contend with a roller breaking down, getting fixed up and replacement. tell me again how pint isn't getting a free ride?
did you try and transfer to PINT and get rejected "legend" why so much animosity towards us is it jealousy ? certainly sounds like a bitter perspective spewing from your ill informed mouth.

Talk about PINT getting looked after. What about Nightcliff getting everything their way. How else could you explain that Nightcliff get to play on MCG1, the 1 and only week that rain is forecast? I.am.Legend, you should be writing into NT crciket and finding out who is on the inside and allowing them to play there for this weekend. While you're at it, find out who has the direct link upstairs and is organising the rain on the weekend that they play at a ground that uses covers.
Luck of the draw, peanut!!

yeah 1st game was a blow out no doubt dont think we were the only ones suffering 1st gameitis, sorry we cant all play up to your lofty standards "legend" must be lonely up on your pedestal.

Let me tell you who won't be slow starters - The Crocs. Word at the passport checking station is that David King has these boys humming and is targeting the shorter forms of the game. Can see a trophy heading down to 'The Pass' very shortly.

Let me tell you who won't be slow starters - The Crocs. Word at the passport checking station is that David King has these boys humming and is targeting the shorter forms of the game. Can see a trophy heading down to 'The Pass' very shortly.

You are smoking the same shit as the districts players aren't you? A coach can't win a trophy on the sidelines

Round 2 - OD2 - Saturday 21st April

PINT vs Nightcliff at Marrara
Looking like the only game to get away tomorrow at this stage, both sides will be happy to score some runs and more than likely prefer to bat second based on last weekends results. Can't see this game going close, Berry most likely to make runs and Hodgson to do the damage with the ball. Tigers will need their imports to do everything to stand a chance after Gibson carried the batting effort last week. Tigers to win.

Waratah vs Tracy Village at Gardens Oval
With a fair bit of rain this afternoon in the city, there'll be a delayed start at the very least and if the rain stays away tonight, looking like a 30 over game. I'd back Tahs to go well in this regardless, as Tracy will take a few more games yet to find their feet. Gardiner and Keen the key for either side.

Darwin vs Southern Districts at Kahlin Oval
Same as above and just as likely that the toss could decide the winner of this match as well. Game won't begin before 12 one would think and Districts have a few guys ready to go with a new skipper from Victoria. Darwin's pace attack will need to show some consistency if they want to make the most of the sticky wicket. Darwin should win against an unknown Southern Districts.

Other news; Sam Miller who was runner up in the Bradman Medal from Prospect in Adelaide is meant to be coming up for Tracy Village I believe?

Palmerston - bye

Round 2 - OD2 - Saturday 21st April
PINT 7 for 257 defeated Nightcliff 3 for 158 at Marrara
Waratah drew with Tracy Village at Gardens Oval
Darwin 1 for 83 defeated Southern Districts 82 at Kahlin Oval
Palmerston - bye

Standouts;
Lavers 90 (PINT)
Giarola 54* (DCC)
McAdam 52* (NCC)

Tahs and TV were washed out with PINT and Nightcliff playing a 36 over match while Darwin and Southern Districts was reduced to 20 overs a side. The write-up in the Sunday Territorian was fairly average and with no score cards printed in the two rounds so far.

Round 3 - T201 - Wednesday 25th April

Waratah vs Darwin at Gardens Oval
Tahs get a chance to rectify their first round loss to Darwin but will be interesting to see whether either side puts a full strenght team on the park. Weather is meant to hang around over next few days and could come down to the toss. Darwin's bowling is their stronger point but it'll count for little if they bat first on an under done wicket. Whoever bats second should win this.

PINT vs Palmerston at Marrara (2)
PINT may have sorted out their batting but Palmerston will again be hard to beat. The wicket has been quite slow and poppy in recent years. Full strenght teams could be an issue again but PINT should rectify their earlier round loss. Same as above, the team bowling first should win.

Nightcliff vs Tracy Village at Marrara (1)
Nightcliff are the better prepared side with some overs and batting under the belt with an improved performance against PINT with their bowling coming unstuck. Pearson could play a big roll here if he gets going. with Crowe and Keen looking to get the runs flowing for TV. Could go either way again.

Southern Districts - bye

Back