Darwin & District Cricket - 2012

Answer is yes, and now I am guessing that being a rittomitto fan you play for pints and quessing again I would suggest you have never curated a pitch- because you have never had to, someone from NTCA is paid to prepare your pitch.
I am guessing you are lying, because there is more to curating than just watering and mowing, also if you read just a lads original post properly you would see he has more than 2 pitches to prepare, so in summation you should stop posting because your lack of intelligence is showing

So reading his post again he has 17 decks to prepare each week?, maintainting two, to international standard- these have been maintained ( watered - mowed) for the last 4 years ( not prepared). Then there is 2 curators between what ever is left. The only time consuming part is rolling. But being a 7 day week there is plenty of time 2 have them all done.

And you missed the point- NTCA curator does the job for pints, if you had a curator from your club you would realise, with a real job and volunteering to curate it becomes time consuming. Every club bar PINTS would know this.

Personally i volunteer to curate when even i am down south, it is an extremely hard job. many many hours a week just for one set of practice nets and even more to maintain a half decent centre wicket. 'Jack Mehoff', you my friend, are a dead set homo.

To be fair, Jonno Crowe, Gav Lycett and Paul Carbone are probably the only half decent juniors Tracey Village have had in quite some time. The rest are either not up to A Grade standard or are just simply rubbish, skating through life based on their last name and mis-judged talent.
Crowe is from Alice Springs you peanut and never played a jnr game for Tracy Village. He played for 2 teams before joining there team. Though you can't be to angry at TVCC being full of imports, from the looks of it most teams up here have about 3 locals only.

He has been there since quite a relatively young age so i class him as a junior. That isn't true, three of the better darwin teams are mainly full of local players or players who have been here numerous times.

He has been there since quite a relatively young age so i class him as a junior. That isn't true, three of the better darwin teams are mainly full of local players or players who have been here numerous times.

yes hence why palmo and pints should be strong year in year out. not like some teams who can bearly get 4 local players to play a grade. BUt actually, he played 1 year at nightcliff and 2 years at palmo. before going to tracy...... so i would not count him as a jnr for them... well unless you count sam mitchell as a pint jnr.

Haven't had any time to be involved lately but the season is going pretty well, six out of the seven teams are competing for the top four which is healthy for the competition. PINT will play Tracy Village in the T20 Grand Final on Sunday 9th June at Marrara.

Along with the Australian squad coming in August, hopefully there is a bit more of a focus on cricket in Darwin in the next few months from the media.

Fairly quiet in here the last few weeks;

Ladder is something like this;

1. Palmerston
2. Waratah
3. Tracy Village
4. PINT
-------------------
5. Darwin
6. Nightcliff
7. Southern Districts

Palmerston currently playing Village have four wickets in hand with about 20 runs to get, Waratah made 200 odd and Districts are 2 for with danger man Moffat out. Darwin have first innings points after a scare against Nightcliff, rolling the Tigers for 90, the Eagles were 6 for 50 at one stage and currently have a lead of 110.

After the coming weekend we head back to three rounds of one dayers.

Palmerston and Darwin both scored outright wins, Tahs almost got reverse outrighted by Southern Districts.

Other stuff floating around, Crowe is going back to Palmerston, wasn't allowed to play the second week of a b grade match (Todd McCann took 9 for in the second innings for Palmerston). Tim Paine is apparently playing this round. Barsby is going home which leaves Nightcliff even lighter in the batting department.

National Panel umpire member Ian Lock and WA state umpire director Barry Rennie will be in Darwin 21/22nd of July for a seminar/training session on the Sunday morning. Ian will be standing with a local umpire on the saturday for one of the premier grade one dayers.

No surprises with the results Saturday, Paine made a 50 for TV but they're right off the boil now. PINT went down to Tahs while Palmerston smashed Nightcliff.

Paine was only a one gamer, likely not to play again. Keen returned home for personal reasons, rumours are that he will/won't return. Ash Williams is also gone come August but is likely to be flown back for finals.

NT Strike play two matches in the coming weeks, against Nepal and Ireland. 29th July and 2nd August.

Big wins to Palmerston, Tahs and Darwin in the last round of One Dayers. Darwin and Palmerston will play in the One Day Final on 5th August. Keen didn't play yesterday, so it'd be safe to assume he isn't coming back considering the state of play TV is in.

Back