• Leopold

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Bell Post Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Div 1 Relegation???

very interesting bourney.. when i seen this thread started i kinda hoped north wouldnt have been in ur poll and when it finally opened to see us not in there was a good feeling.. thanx mate.. but yes i think if newcomb have requested to be relegated well let them go and bring up the divi 2 premiers whoever they are

Newcomb would be the only team that could be dropped. Who would come up from divvy 2. Would Thompson be the team to come back up?

I Bowl Meat Pies;334335 said:
very interesting bourney.. when i seen this thread started i kinda hoped north wouldnt have been in ur poll and when it finally opened to see us not in there was a good feeling.. thanx mate.. but yes i think if newcomb have requested to be relegated well let them go and bring up the divi 2 premiers whoever they are

I never thought North were even in the mix mate to drop down, got two sides playing finals and 1sts finished 1 spot out of the 6. From what I've noticed of your 1sts this year I'd say you guys are only 1 or 2 good players from being right in the mix Fergy and one other recruit for next year maybe?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;334548 said:
I never thought North were even in the mix mate to drop down, got two sides playing finals and 1sts finished 1 spot out of the 6. From what I've noticed of your 1sts this year I'd say you guys are only 1 or 2 good players from being right in the mix Fergy and one other recruit for next year maybe?
hope so theres a few names already put down on the table.. but with this season not even finished yet.. hopefully we can find more names to add to the list

workinprogress;334345 said:
Newcomb would be the only team that could be dropped. Who would come up from divvy 2. Would Thompson be the team to come back up?

Robert Agg stated at last September's general meeting of GCA clubs that the same assessment system as per previous years would be used to demote bottom GCA1 club/promote top GCA2 club, and same again for GCA2/GCA3. Not necessarily the premiers going up, but club championship points count for (I think) 32.5 out of the 80 points on offer, so it helps if you're winning games. As Thomson will comfortably win the GCA2 club championship, more than likely they would be the promoted club as long as they have their house in order off-field with regard to grounds, juniors and club admin. GCA3 will be more interesting. 10 points of the 80 are turf-related, which is 10 points every other GCA3 club bar Guild Saints can't get. On the other hand, GSM have no junior teams - although I don't think as many points apply here (pity, as they should in my opinion). My money's on Corio to go down for GSM, irrespective of what happens in GCA3 finals.

Look here;334601 said:
Robert Agg stated at last September's general meeting of GCA clubs that the same assessment system as per previous years would be used to demote bottom GCA1 club/promote top GCA2 club, and same again for GCA2/GCA3. Not necessarily the premiers going up, but club championship points count for (I think) 32.5 out of the 80 points on offer, so it helps if you're winning games. As Thomson will comfortably win the GCA2 club championship, more than likely they would be the promoted club as long as they have their house in order off-field with regard to grounds, juniors and club admin. GCA3 will be more interesting. 10 points of the 80 are turf-related, which is 10 points every other GCA3 club bar Guild Saints can't get. On the other hand, GSM have no junior teams - although I don't think as many points apply here (pity, as they should in my opinion). My money's on Corio to go down for GSM, irrespective of what happens in GCA3 finals.

I think corio will probably get dropped down do div 3 but im not so sure bout guild going straight back up to div 2, There an absolute rabble of a club with shit facilities and a shit ground and i think probably modda and maybe teesdale would be better options to go up to div 2 particulay modda who are planning to get turf in the near future, junior teams in each age group, plus better ground and facilities than guild.

Look here;334601 said:

tim finnigan;334606 said:
I think corio will probably get dropped down do div 3 but im not so sure bout guild going straight back up to div 2, There an absolute rabble of a club with shit facilities and a shit ground and i think probably modda and maybe teesdale would be better options to go up to div 2 particulay modda who are planning to get turf in the near future, junior teams in each age group, plus better ground and facilities than guild.

There has been a pretty strong rumor floating around that SLCA will be starting back up next season.
Does anyone know if this has any truth? And what would happy to the non SLCA clubs? you can't have a comp with 4 or 5 teams.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;334244 said:
Who will get relegated from div 1?

I don't know how it works but judging on what I've seen Newconb struggle, Thomson to come up?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;334632 said:
There has been a pretty strong rumor floating around that SLCA will be starting back up next season.
Do anyone know if this has any truth? And what would happy to the non SLCA clubs? you can't have a comp with 4 or 5 teams.

SBW, I know this has been floated in these forums but I'd be very very surprised. The SLCA more or less begged the GCA to take on the SLCA clubs as the SLCA comp was rapidly becoming unsustainable with Anglesea, Jan Juc and Barrabool having defected to the BPCA in the previous 2 seasons. Nobody will convince me that the likes of Modewarre and Teesdale have anything whatsoever to gain by a SLCA-like comp springing up again. Still, the GCA does already have a problem on its hands regarding the uncompetitiveness of some of the GCA3 clubs (Anakie, Meredith) compounding the problem of having Shelford in GCA3 2nds. I doubt they'll let that situation continue much longer, based on past actions (when Corio Bay and Anakie had the hard word put on them after their 1st year in GCA (2004-05).

Re Tim Finnigan's comments about Guild's possible GCA2 chances - you may well be right with what you say about Modewarre being a better option. But if the points assessment system the GCA uses does grade Guild higher (bearing in mind the potential 10 points available to them and no-one else in GCA3 because they have a turf ground) then they go up, even if the GCA does in fact believe Modewarre is a better longer-term bet.

Cheers.

Look here;334601 said:

Corio should go down. They are at breakling point i believe and are rabble. They have had games where they were short in the 1sts and forfeited the 3rds. Our 2's played them and they had 9 players. Modewarre not a bad tip to come up. If GSM have arrested none of their issues for why they were demoted then they should certainly not come back up. I cannot see the GCA promoting them without a junior program. Also St Albans certinaly should be in the mix for Div 2.

By what im reading alot of rumours and no truth to any of them. We havn't asked to go down just had a bad year. For those that don't know relagation and promotion is based over 5 years anf for those no everything whats goin on with GCA there is probably only 4 clubs that wont go down and we all know who they are. We will all find out first week in April and who knows and to be honest who cares. . . Bring Lawn bowls season 2009/10. . .

Vote 1 for lawn bowls

:)

I know it's been said before but I'd rather a much more easier to understand system.
Why don't the GCA put up a points ladder during the season like a promotion relegation ladder instead of stunning everyone in April/May with their decisions every season. At least clubs would know where they stand and would have a chance to improve on or off the ground or both if required and if they didn't they can't blame anyone else but themselves.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;335031 said:
I know it's been said before but I'd rather a much more easier to understand system.
Why don't the GCA put up a points ladder during the season like a promotion relegation ladder instead of stunning everyone in April/May with their decisions every season. At least clubs would know where they stand and would have a chance to improve on or off the ground or both if required and if they didn't they can't blame anyone else but themselves.

The whole scoring system is pretty secretive. At the start of the season, clubs get a copy of the questionnaire (or whatever you call it) showing what area is worth what points, then after the end of the season they find out what their score is (no-one else's) and what the grading order is, but that's it. A lot of the stuff is subjective and can't really be measured during the season - about the only thing you can measure is club championship points (which are less than half of the total score - 32.5 out of 80).

Look here;335041 said:
The whole scoring system is pretty secretive. At the start of the season, clubs get a copy of the questionnaire (or whatever you call it) showing what area is worth what points, then after the end of the season they find out what their score is (no-one else's) and what the grading order is, but that's it. A lot of the stuff is subjective and can't really be measured during the season - about the only thing you can measure is club championship points (which are less than half of the total score - 32.5 out of 80).

It doesn't have to be this way, the clubs are the GCA. If the the clubs weren't happy with the system they could have it changed.
This system allows too much control for certain people, remember all these people that 'do the grading' have alliances with clubs, there's no way they'll grade all clubs equally.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;335121 said:
It doesn't have to be this way, the clubs are the GCA. If the the clubs weren't happy with the system they could have it changed.
This system allows too much control for certain people, remember all these people that 'do the grading' have alliances with clubs, there's no way they'll grade all clubs equally.

other clubs may not know what points other clubs get but the criteria is pretty black and white in regards to points if you go through it. The criteria for this year has the following clear cut points:
- 5 points for attending GCA meetings, you loose 1 point for each time you do not attend
- 1 point for nominating 1 member of the club to be on a GCA committee prior to the general meeting, 0 points if you do not.
- 6 points for the financial standing of the club with 2 of those points kept if you pay affiliations on time, you can get up to 3 bonus points depending on how much the club gets fined during the season and another point for providing your turf wicket expenditure by the end of March
- 2 points for getting your affiliation letter in by the due date and having the correct documentation
- 8 points is available for junior teams, if you have more than 2 junior sides you get 8 points, less teams you get less points down to 0 for no junior teams.
- 5 points for junior development which is 2 points for having a milo program and 3 points for having 3 junior coaches which are level 1, including U17 coach.
- 9 points are available for grounds, and this is probably the area which is up to the judgement of the GCA. 4 points are available if clubs have prepared wickets satisfactorily over the season and have not had any instances of ill-preparing wickets over the season. 1 point each for having good covers, turf and hard wicket practice facilities are of a good standard and you have completed the safety audit by the due date. The final 2 points is given to clubs if they go above and beyond the level of committment which is generally expected, and not sure how many clubs get this bonus 2.
- 7.5 points is available for the number of senior sides, you get 5 if you have the minimum of 4 senior sides, an extra 1.5 for 5 sides and an extra 1 for 6 sides.
- then 32.5 (div 1/2) or 29.25 (div 3 - I think) is available for the club championship points from each of the divisions.
- 2 points is then available for club which has 0 suspensions, if you have 2 suspensions you get 0.
- final 2 points are available for 1 point for presentation of facilities which is just based on the housekeeping and not standard or size. Then 1 point for making sure the 1st XI has a scorer and also support staff at the rooms.

So as you can see it is fairly straight forward as to what points you can get by doing the basics right, so in the end it does come down to club championship points if clubs do the right thing off the field. I think it has taken a few seasons to finally get something which can be measured but apart from clubs knowing how they are going compared to other clubs during the season if they tick off the above boxes then it should just come down to club championship points.

Jurassic Park;334986 said:
By what im reading alot of rumours and no truth to any of them. We havn't asked to go down just had a bad year. For those that don't know relagation and promotion is based over 5 years anf for those no everything whats goin on with GCA there is probably only 4 clubs that wont go down and we all know who they are. We will all find out first week in April and who knows and to be honest who cares. . . Bring Lawn bowls season 2009/10. . .

Vote 1 for lawn bowls

:)

and due to last season's issues with Manifold Heights the 5 year rolling average has now gone down to 3 years, so not sure what impact this will have on clubs.

Back