Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Bell Post Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Div 1 Relegation???

cow-corner;338136 said:
i guess this is a pretty pointless fact but the dinos used 6 kids in the 2nds under the age of 17 including a 13year old, and 4 played 6+ games
i thought i would just point that out

if thats true then they need to go down to rebuild, staying up will only hurt more.

i wasnt blaming the juniors for the side failing
im one of the juniors i was just stating a fact about the age of some of the kids playing turf

cow-corner;338173 said:
i wasnt blaming the juniors for the side failing
im one of the juniors i was just stating a fact about the age of some of the kids playing turf

thats good that your playing turf as a junior. You've gota make the most of your opportunities, and while Newcomb are struggling, make sure you keep improving. Can't be forgotten about then. I don;t know who you are, but when i was a junior playing turf a couple of years ago, i always benefited more from playing against the best. Play against the best, learn more, strive to succeed. If Newconb want to give up, go somewhere that wants to strive to play the best they can

ants14;338170 said:
North had a 15 year old play 8 games in the 1s and 5 games in the 2s
A 17 year old played 10 games in the 1s
Last year a 16 year old played 10 games in the 1s
L.Szponar(18), B.Szponar(18), Davis(17), McGlinchey(15), Kingwell(17), Winter(15 or 16), Mellington(18)(apologies if smidge is 18 now)
All these blokes have played turf this year for our club, our 2s made the finals and our firsts finished 7th.
My point is, you can;t blame juniors for failing, if they're any good, you will still get results. IMO Newcomb's problem is too many people play for themself instead of for the team, which is something we don;t stand for at North. That;s almost exactly what Jurassic Park has been saying. He's not making excuses hes just trying to fix it.

good point ants, and hopefully you keep all those kids and reap the rewards just as grovedale have done over the years.

so supersaint, i guess that rumour about you playing at NDCC aint true then:eek: tell him what ya really think:D

ants14;338179 said:
thats good that your playing turf as a junior. You've gota make the most of your opportunities, and while Newcomb are struggling, make sure you keep improving. Can't be forgotten about then. I don;t know who you are, but when i was a junior playing turf a couple of years ago, i always benefited more from playing against the best. Play against the best, learn more, strive to succeed. If Newconb want to give up, go somewhere that wants to strive to play the best they can

playing on the turf definatly helped me improve mate
improved my junior results and also got me into a junior rep team so im not going to take the oppurtunity for granted mate

cow-corner;338192 said:
playing on the turf definatly helped me improve mate
improved my junior results and also got me into a junior rep team so im not going to take the oppurtunity for granted mate

Yeah good
I'd just hodgy as an example.
The bloke did his 2 or 3 years apprenticeship in the 2s with the occasional ones game, and learnt how to improve his game. This year he stepped up to play a full year in the 1s, and has no made himself into one of the best bats in the GCA according to fergy how is without a doubt one of the best bats in the GCA. And hes only 19(apologies hodgy if u hav turned 20, i know you birthday is about a month before mine).

ants14;338199 said:
Yeah good
I'd just hodgy as an example.
The bloke did his 2 or 3 years apprenticeship in the 2s with the occasional ones game, and learnt how to improve his game. This year he stepped up to play a full year in the 1s, and has no made himself into one of the best bats in the GCA according to fergy how is without a doubt one of the best bats in the GCA. And hes only 19(apologies hodgy if u hav turned 20, i know you birthday is about a month before mine).

ahh ok
well im 13 mate so yeah haha

crktluva;338186 said:
so supersaint, i guess that rumour about you playing at NDCC aint true then:eek: tell him what ya really think:D

I don't know who started that rumour but it's a cracker. Not a chance i would leave St Albans mate. Things are looking really positive for the club right now and it's a great time to be on board.

Blokes that have played in our 1s this year under 21.... B Szponar.. L Szponar.. D.McGlinchey.. S.Kingwell.. A.Armistead

In saying that ants tied for our 1sts best n fairest.. kingy took many of prized scalps.. dom held his end up in the win against newtown.. as for Braden and Locky.. they both suffered season ending injuries prior to seasons end... but the thing im trying to get across is here that all these boys played a part in north finishing 7th... 2 or 3 years down the track when these blokes are in their mid 20s they could not only be helping us win games.. hopefully premierships.. not to mention Jacko davis and grant armistead who both would have played in our 1s this year had falcons commitments not have gotten in the way.... things are lookin good down magpie way thats for sure...

hiopefully we keep these young blokes and pick up a few ex magpie juniors and we'll hopefully be a force in years to come...

now do newcomb have the same thing with promising young cricketers coming thru.. or (if they get relegated) will they be able to keep these young cricketers

Mate ive heard that your president did a great job at a gca meeting earlier. He managed to get everyone off side with his arogance and demanding ways. Your not dealing with the bpca now.
Good luck to st.albans j.murry and c.jones are the only players there that are good enough to be gca players anyway.the rest of the ones are very ordinary. Reality check needed nakas.
As for newcomb i realy dont give a crap about anymore good luck to them too.

supersaintjohnny;337996 said:
Obviously another jealous Newcomb bloke. What's the matter mate just cos your club cant hold onto any of it's players and is on the way down. No disrespect to Ando cos he is doin a great job but the committee should get its head out of the sand. They are to quick to hang it on St Albans for doing everything right and moving forward in leaps and bounds. Maybe our committee would let your committee sit in on one of our meetings you might finally learn how to run a cricket club.

HAY IF YOU READ IT PROPERLY IT WOULD HELP YOUR CLUB TO TAKE THIS OPTION. DO YOU REALY THINK YOU WILL BE WORLD BEATERS IN THE GCA STRAIGHT AWAY. LETS SEE HOW GOOD YOU ARE THIS WEEKEND. i BET YOU GET DONE..........WIN A BPCA PREMIERSHIP FIRST THEN WORRY ABOUT GCA CRICKET NEXT SEASON........

The Truth 18;339157 said:
Mate ive heard that your president did a great job at a gca meeting earlier. He managed to get everyone off side with his arogance and demanding ways. Your not dealing with the bpca now.
Good luck to st.albans j.murry and c.jones are the only players there that are good enough to be gca players anyway.the rest of the ones are very ordinary. Reality check needed nakas.
As for newcomb i realy dont give a crap about anymore good luck to them too.

Struggling are they? I bet if they were going alright you'd be over their strutting around talking up how good you are. Try getting in and doing the hard yards for your club instead of worrying about what we're doing:eek:

And if you call asking the GCA for a meeting with the executives to find out what's required to give us the best chance of entering as arrogant, you have no idea!
They also put a presentation on showing our junior structure, our extension plans and finances etc. Pretty sure that isn't going to do any harm, maybe just show that we're professional the way the club is run.

Your an Idiot:rolleyes:

Truth 18, what a tool smoker. St Albans would beat half the Div 2 sides and prob NDCC. you know nothing about local cricket if you think otherwise. GCA standard aint anything like it used to be, Div 2 teams years ago would crap on Div 2 now. Top 4 BPCA clubs would beat half Div 2 easy.

crktluva;339190 said:
Truth 18, what a tool smoker. St Albans would beat half the Div 2 sides and prob NDCC. you know nothing about local cricket if you think otherwise. GCA standard aint anything like it used to be, Div 2 teams years ago would crap on Div 2 now. Top 4 BPCA clubs would beat half Div 2 easy.

Go easy on him boys his only 13. He needs to let loose when he gets on the website cos his mum only lets him on it for 10 minutes at a time.:D

supersaintjohnny;339407 said:
Go easy on him boys his only 13. He needs to let loose when he gets on the website cos his mum only lets him on it for 10 minutes at a time.:D

im the 13 year old mate :confused:

I Bowl Meat Pies;338500 said:
Blokes that have played in our 1s this year under 21.... B Szponar.. L Szponar.. D.McGlinchey.. S.Kingwell.. A.Armistead

In saying that ants tied for our 1sts best n fairest.. kingy took many of prized scalps.. dom held his end up in the win against newtown.. as for Braden and Locky.. they both suffered season ending injuries prior to seasons end... but the thing im trying to get across is here that all these boys played a part in north finishing 7th... 2 or 3 years down the track when these blokes are in their mid 20s they could not only be helping us win games.. hopefully premierships.. not to mention Jacko davis and grant armistead who both would have played in our 1s this year had falcons commitments not have gotten in the way.... things are lookin good down magpie way thats for sure...

hiopefully we keep these young blokes and pick up a few ex magpie juniors and we'll hopefully be a force in years to come...

now do newcomb have the same thing with promising young cricketers coming thru.. or (if they get relegated) will they be able to keep these young cricketers

Well its been interesting reading all of these quotes and posts and god knows what other little stabs in the back everyone wants to dish out to each other.

Just to clarify a few things.
Upcoming kids Under 21, J.Jansen-19 (Improved year) R.Mills-18 (Consistant year), C.Hester-18 (Disappionting because he has the talent) T.Woolard-18 (Back from Geelong Improving) A.Williamson-18 (Pom Gone Home and will be replaced) K.Ford-29 (but looks like a 19 year old) LOL, D.Whitworth-17 (U'17 Captain Club Bowling average Juniors) J.Walker-13 ( Great 1st year of 2nds. Is improving evry week).

and there is more but thats just to name a few. Now with relagation who really cares you can't do much but try, if we go then we go if we stay then we stay and move on. There is no doubt that we want to stay in Division 1 and play with the so called top flight competition of Geelong cricket, but if doesn't happen then the sun comes up in the morning. It will just show tru character and passion for your club if these so called club people stay or they go. Too many people unfortunatley have left the club for whatever reason it is, but the club is doing the right thing by moving the youth and the club towards the future. If ( and i say IF) we go back then we go back give it a crack win a flag in Divy 2 and try to get straight back up again. Simple. It's not like if we play Divy 2 its the end of the world, we just against more blokes like Pete Willigan who we all know love (ha ha ha)

And yes i am the Capt/Coach the club and if anyone has any problems or want any questions answered then just ask im more than happy to tell you were to go or give you the answer done it ever since taking over, some people can handle some people can't its there chioce. Dont force things on people and if they dont want to then they face there demise and if they do then they get the rewards.

Anyway happy posting.

Upcoming kids Under 21, J.Jansen-19 (Improved year) R.Mills-18 (Consistant year), C.Hester-18 (Disappionting because he has the talent) T.Woolard-18 (Back from Geelong Improving) A.Williamson-18 (Pom Gone Home and will be replaced) K.Ford-29 (but looks like a 19 year old) LOL, D.Whitworth-17 (U'17 Captain Club Bowling average Juniors) J.Walker-13 ( Great 1st year of 2nds. Is improving evry week).

why am i being mentioned i cant keep us in GCA 1 playing 4ths lol

also forgot to mention that i won the u/15 bowling average ando :D

cow-corner;340495 said:

also forgot to mention that i won the u/15 bowling average ando :D

well done mate.

thats a keeper.

Back