• Leopold

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Bell Post Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Gratifying to know someone actually looks at the website:)

Yes it's supposed to go in after the winter tenant (Newtown City Hockey Club) season completes. COGG may well use this opportunity to warm-weather grass the entire oval, so best-case scenario most likely would be for a game or two late in the season, for the reasons Daz mentions. Won't be straight after Xmas.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to it, always thought it would be a great ground with a turf in it. Now the only other two issues are changerooms and to either give that 3rds ground the arse or make it bigger.

Looking forward to it, always thought it would be a great ground with a turf in it. Now the only other two issues are changerooms and to either give that 3rds ground the arse or make it bigger.

Changerooms are being done as we speak, should be ready before next season (ironic timing if no cricket is played on the main oval next season!). Believe me, no-one was happy about the previous no-rooms situation, that's just how the pavilion was built in 1995, before Murghe went there in 1998.

The second ground - well, that might be around a bit longer, I'm afraid. The COGG won't entertain any thoughts of extending it, due to envoronmental concerns, and it's not like there's any good quality spare grounds around in Geelong. Hopefully they may see fit to acquire some of that vacant land to the north of the existing reserve, but that's not going to happen overnight.

I know you're not a fan of KLR#2, Renny, but it's kind to the older blokes. It prolonged my tragic career for a few seasons past its use-by date. Looking for balls that escape over the fence is a real pain, though. Especially if it happens in over number one, which has been known to occur.

Re: Div 1 Relegation???

im actually sick to death of hearing about more ridiculous GCA decisions year in year out. now that another acheived nothing but mayhem executive is stepping down, lets hope somebody who cares about local cricket and not their own ego or club, steps up to the plate and actually listens to the clubs and gets what it is clearly one of the strongest cricket associations in Victoria running properly. it should be run by the clubs majority opinions for the clubs benefits, nothing else, all decisions that effect clubs should be voted on, not just decided by a select bunch of idiots who have been appointed to the executive due to nobody else having the time required to perform the role. PLEASE, SOMEBODY PUT THEIR HAND UP, DAZZA, ARE YA LISTENING MAN!!!! and no, i cant do it. if you think fisher was a ******* on a mission, hang on to your hats for the empire of dew.

Look here;349724 said:
Changerooms are being done as we speak, should be ready before next season (ironic timing if no cricket is played on the main oval next season!). Believe me, no-one was happy about the previous no-rooms situation, that's just how the pavilion was built in 1995, before Murghe went there in 1998.

The second ground - well, that might be around a bit longer, I'm afraid. The COGG won't entertain any thoughts of extending it, due to envoronmental concerns, and it's not like there's any good quality spare grounds around in Geelong. Hopefully they may see fit to acquire some of that vacant land to the north of the existing reserve, but that's not going to happen overnight.

I know you're not a fan of KLR#2, Renny, but it's kind to the older blokes. It prolonged my tragic career for a few seasons past its use-by date. Looking for balls that escape over the fence is a real pain, though. Especially if it happens in over number one, which has been known to occur.

KLR#2 kills me. You need 3 slips, a third man, fine leg and deep backward square before a ball is even bowled. The number of good quality nicks you get that go for four is amazing. Anyway, having said that; how come Murghe 3rds & 4ths blokes don't when league batting averages every season?

Renny24;349750 said:
KLR#2 kills me. You need 3 slips, a third man, fine leg and deep backward square before a ball is even bowled. The number of good quality nicks you get that go for four is amazing. Anyway, having said that; how come Murghe 3rds & 4ths blokes don't win league batting averages every season?

Because they can't bat!

Plus the 4ths used 48 different players thru the season so few if any would have qualified.

Your SPCC 3rds captain Adam Briers may disagree with you; he appeared to enjoy it there last season (scoring 142no in a one-dayer!).

Look here;349841 said:
Because they can't bat!

Plus the 4ths used 48 different players thru the season so few if any would have qualified.

Your SPCC 3rds captain Adam Briers may disagree with you; he appeared to enjoy it there last season (scoring 142no in a one-dayer!).

Think it was only his 3rd time over 50 and first ton. He isn't captain though. When he hits a ball, it stays hit.

thommy_rissole;349317 said:
Where are we going to play Ants?

Thommy afraid to break the news but Ants won't be going anywhere this season, unless you are playing at North !! He signed onto their committee last night so is staying put !!

gca_ipl;350138 said:
Thommy afraid to break the news but Ants won't be going anywhere this season, unless you are playing at North !! He signed onto their committee last night so is staying put !!

Footy out there was bad enough on the weekend, couldn't possibly front up playing there every second week over summer :D

gca_ipl;350138 said:
and yes welcome aboard ants !!!

u looked very comfortable out their rissole. and a chance to play division one. won't be required to bowl though :p

ants14;350230 said:
u looked very comfortable out their rissole. and a chance to play division one. won't be required to bowl though :p

Sorry Anthony something I will never be is a Magpie. Hey don't discount the bowling either mate, only bloke in the Thommy 1's who got a Michelle Pfeiffer last season ;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350306 said:
does the GCA do the draw anytime soon or later in the year?

They used do it at the July general meeting (but didn't last year as the Mano up or down saga was still dragging on). As they've now combined the two July meetings (AGM & GM used to be a week later), they might do it at/after the AGM?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350841 said:
Does anyone know what the GCA meeting is regarding tonight? Is it just for clubs to vote on excepting St Albans in as a new club?

I don't think their is a club GCA meeting tonight as I am not aware of having to attend anything !! I think it might just be management meeting, so does not involve clubs at all. Will probably be talking about St Albans new scoreboard !!

gca_ipl;350845 said:
I don't think their is a club GCA meeting tonight as I am not aware of having to attend anything !! I think it might just be management meeting, so does not involve clubs at all. Will probably be talking about St Albans new scoreboard !!

St Albans are attending something, dunno what about.

The scoreboard will be up and running for the GDFL finals(If they're there) at the latest;)

Back