DVCA Barclay Reserve

Re: DVCA Barclay Reserve

How`d Hurstbridge High get a gig for Semi`s, surely they could have put LS and Plenty at Research and Search and Diamo at Mernda!

brutal;332377 said:
How`d Hurstbridge High get a gig for Semi`s, surely they could have put LS and Plenty at Research and Search and Diamo at Mernda!

no that would have been to smart. i know the dvca had the council pull grounds from under them a couple of weeks ago but it makes you wonder if they pull the neutral grounds out of a hat.

looking ahead to the diamond creek vs research match, alot of presure on the creek boys you would think? losing comprehensivly in round 10 to the same team. Also search were on top for most of the season only to slip down to 4th in the last match. so they are clearly better then a 4th placed team. both teams very stiff to face each other this week, most would have thought it would be a match later

Diamo Vs Lalor grand final!!

Thoughts??

Diamo quite easily but as this weekend showed us, cricket is a funny game

just want to once again congratulate Ben Russell on the barclay reserve batting average.

only first year under 16s.

who was the last person at this age to win the 2s comp average??

Nudie Club;339438 said:
Diamo premiers, premiers for the third year in a row!

Stand up!!! Get this up ya

I loss to NEW today, maybe not diamo's year!!! 3 in a row is a tough ask.

No Good at cricket;369657 said:
So NEW not the easy beats every one predicted

One dayers anyone can win, 2 dayers are were it's at my friend! All the best to ya, i know i'm looking forward to playing you blokes!

it helps when u have district 4ths players u get dropped for the week coming back to slot into the 2's, but as the year wears on i feel diamo will be seeing less and less of their young guns coming back in search of a game. Plenty are looking gud with a 2 win start to the year but mind u were very close matches but never the less should not be ridden off

Bowls Steam;370065 said:
it helps when u have district 4ths players u get dropped for the week coming back to slot into the 2's, but as the year wears on i feel diamo will be seeing less and less of their young guns coming back in search of a game. Plenty are looking gud with a 2 win start to the year but mind u were very close matches but never the less should not be ridden off

Plenty look very strong in Barclay researve this year, Riverside is just surviving through it;s older talents like Hrtigan, Morgan and Bohan, but good to see them 2-0.n Noth Eltham have a strong B-grade and i would be keeping a good eye on them, as they beat the reigning preimers. And Research also are blooding good players.

Wattle Glenn 2010;370331 said:
Plenty look very strong in Barclay researve this year, Riverside is just surviving through it;s older talents like Hrtigan, Morgan and Bohan, but good to see them 2-0.n Noth Eltham have a strong B-grade and i would be keeping a good eye on them, as they beat the reigning preimers. And Research also are blooding good players.

yes true but plenty have only just won they're 2 games so dont let the 2-0 fool you, they are yet to prove they look like they can bat 80 overs out. and research, cmon they are down the drain, the clubs in trouble, their ones are push overs and their 2's wont b any better.

Bowls Steam;370332 said:
yes true but plenty have only just won they're 2 games so dont let the 2-0 fool you, they are yet to prove they look like they can bat 80 overs out. and research, cmon they are down the drain, the clubs in trouble, their ones are push overs and their 2's wont b any better.

Thats true about teh struggling club, but you put thioer A grade and other teams aside they do have some good players in thier 2's

Bowls Steam;370332 said:

Finally I agree with you on something. After a 2 year lay off due to injury I am back playing, and played against Research on the weekend. They are only an average side. Their bowling was not up to standard of a good BR team, and their batting was d grade standard. What I did like about the side though was that it felt like i was playing an under 16's team. Its full of kids! They are doing the right thing as a club blooding these young kids. They beat us, not on ability, but by us throwing away wickets. Great win by Research, but they will be found out, and think they will win a few games, but I can see them getting flogged a few times too!

I no it is a little bit already but who thinks its a good idea to blood kids in B grade as its a pathway to A, Thiers clubs like Lower, Riverside and others that have only about 3 players under 18 in thier teams i think this BR grade is a good comp and the young talents of teh league good excell in this comp.

Wattle Glenn 2010;370520 said:
I no it is a little bit already but who thinks its a good idea to blood kids in B grade as its a pathway to A, Thiers clubs like Lower, Riverside and others that have only about 3 players under 18 in thier teams i think this BR grade is a good comp and the young talents of teh league good excell in this comp.

Its a great idea, and its what clubs would like to do. But you need team balance for a start, therefore you need the older heads in the side, as well as people with A Grade experience to teach the kids. There is also no point in having a team full of under 18's (for example) if they are simply not up to it.

Its the second highest grade you can play in, you must earn your spot! Hopefully clubs would have 3-5 players that are able to prove on the training track or in games that they can play at that level!

Wattle Glenn 2010;370520 said:

U can give all the young kids ago but if they dont come and take the oppourtunity do they deserve to be playin there ?????
u wont contributers not passengers in a successful team

No Good at cricket;370833 said:
U can give all the young kids ago but if they dont come and take the oppourtunity do they deserve to be playin there ?????
u wont contributers not passengers in a successful team

i believe you play kids in higher grades if you think they can mentally hold their own , have seen a few kids get put up and then get smashed around the park and they then want to drop down a few grades

Thats it some are up to it some are not...

Played Macloed yesterday thier middle grades like C, and D are a bit of a rabble, Nick Lynch ex Northcote cricketer couldnt give a , and the sad thing is thier kids were having a red hot crack and thier older senior players were acting like 10 year olds, my hat is off to the young kids of that team, they have a good maturity and they were all not bad cricketers, its just bad to see cricket teams like that i guess but you come across them.

Back