DVCA Barclay Reserve

Re: DVCA Barclay Reserve

Wattle Glenn 2010;371102 said:
Thats it some are up to it some are not...

Played Macloed yesterday thier middle grades like C, and D are a bit of a rabble, Nick Lynch ex Northcote cricketer couldnt give a , and the sad thing is thier kids were having a red hot crack and thier older senior players were acting like 10 year olds, my hat is off to the young kids of that team, they have a good maturity and they were all not bad cricketers, its just bad to see cricket teams like that i guess but you come across them.

Truth of matter is that Macelod had only 5 players available, and the rest were/are players that have recently retired or can't play on Saturdays. Macleod want to drop the 4th grade side due to lack of numbers available.
Playing on Sunday for those grades was/is a joke and the people who fixtured this should have a good hard look at themselves

serg fernandez;371114 said:
Truth of matter is that Macelod had only 5 players available, and the rest were/are players that have recently retired or can't play on Saturdays. Macleod want to drop the 4th grade side due to lack of numbers available.
Playing on Sunday for those grades was/is a joke and the people who fixtured this should have a good hard look at themselves

i think you'll finad every grade is fixtured to play sunday games at some stage( Barclay Shield & Reserve next round ). It's easy to point the finger at the bloke doing the fixtures but he can only accommodate so many games with the grounds avaialable. i don't think it's unreasonable for everyone to play a few sunday games, remembering they don't have to play on Saturday. It's better than the alternative, which would be to scrap the bottom few grades and have 200+ blokes/kids miss out on a game of cricket every week.

Wattle Glenn 2010;371128 said:
Jevon Kett is A freak watch out DVCA when he comes back from his slighty torn quad muscle he will dominate.

only if they bowl short to him, dont know bout dominate seeing as hes first year out of juniors

Wattle Glenn 2010;371102 said:
Thats it some are up to it some are not...

Played Macloed yesterday thier middle grades like C, and D are a bit of a rabble, Nick Lynch ex Northcote cricketer couldnt give a , and the sad thing is thier kids were having a red hot crack and thier older senior players were acting like 10 year olds, my hat is off to the young kids of that team, they have a good maturity and they were all not bad cricketers, its just bad to see cricket teams like that i guess but you come across them.

Havent played against them for a season and a half, but they didn't impress me as a club. They had a non playing captain and when it was time for drinks (not tea) we all went into the kitchen and got a glass of water out of the tap.

Lets hope they get better.

100% BULL;371398 said:
Havent played against them for a season and a half, but they didn't impress me as a club. They had a non playing captain and when it was time for drinks (not tea) we all went into the kitchen and got a glass of water out of the tap.

Lets hope they get better.

You told us the same stuff last year.
Why do we have to impress you as a club anyway ? Thinking of joining ??
I was down at 1st grade last week, and from what I observed, a few of your players were whinging about a few umpire decisions. As a club, they didn't really impress me either.

serg fernandez;371419 said:
I was down at 1st grade last week, and from what I observed, a few of your players were whinging about a few umpire decisions. As a club, they didn't really impress me either.

Just an opnion Serg, which we're both entitled to. Your comments about the whinging are noted, I'll be sure to take it up with the boys.

serg fernandez;371419 said:

you're a party club mate dont kid yaself, your 1s are about the only ones who take it seriously. Lynch sums up that bunch, more then enough talent to go places with an atitude that puts him in d grade, watch as he stood a cover hands in pokets not movin for 5 overs.

Bundoora Cricket club is the best club in the valley. Ben Russell will be playin for Australia in 3 years time.

BEAMER!!;373157 said:
Bundoora Cricket club is the best club in the valley. Ben Russell will be playin for Australia in 3 years time.

I think it is advisable to take at least one bus ride outside of one's suburb before reaching puberty. :D

fmr_13;373249 said:
I hear Diamond Creek B Grade peeled off 400 today.

On an absolute dustbowl.

Any sides worth its weight will make 375+ on that ground this year.

Especially if it stays in the state it's in now!

captain cuzz;373923 said:
On an absolute dustbowl.

Is that macleod's ground? didn't they get it resurfaced last year?

captain cuzz;373923 said:
On an absolute dustbowl.

Still got to get them hey.

So far, what has the standard of B grade been like compared to last year's standard ?

fmr_13;374144 said:
Still got to get them hey.

So far, what has the standard of B grade been like compared to last year's standard ?

It's hard to really take stock yet. Two one day games gave lesser sides a chance to push for points they otherwise might not have taken and with only 1 two-day game played to a result, the log-jam from spots 1 to 7 makes for a very interesting round this week!

Diamo's 400 odd sees them as favs, Mernda already have 1st innnings points and will push for outright with their bowling attack, Riverside are in the same boat having already claimed the points against Eltham, Plenty need a miracle against Epping and Lalor's game is set to be a thriller - So it looks like there will 5 sides on equal or close to equal (depending on outright results) points after this week.

Next 3 rounds will tell a story, one day games will be a distant memory and the good sides will start/keep winning and putting space between them and the rest.

captain cuzz;374273 said:
It's hard to really take stock yet. Two one day games gave lesser sides a chance to push for points they otherwise might not have taken and with only 1 two-day game played to a result, the log-jam from spots 1 to 7 makes for a very interesting round this week!

Diamo's 400 odd sees them as favs, Mernda already have 1st innnings points and will push for outright with their bowling attack, Riverside are in the same boat having already claimed the points against Eltham, Plenty need a miracle against Epping and Lalor's game is set to be a thriller - So it looks like there will 5 sides on equal or close to equal (depending on outright results) points after this week.

Next 3 rounds will tell a story, one day games will be a distant memory and the good sides will start/keep winning and putting space between them and the rest.

Ah okay, I hadn't picked up on the fact that only one proper game had been finished. Have to keep my eyes on the games over the coming weeks.

Can anyone shed any light on Diamo's all out for 32 on the weekend? Cant believe a team that includes Rutt, Milner & Davies only managed 32 with no one getting double figures. Looks like Turners had a day out as well.

100% BULL;375604 said:
Can anyone shed any light on Diamo's all out for 32 on the weekend? Cant believe a team that includes Rutt, Milner & Davies only managed 32 with no one getting double figures. Looks like Turners had a day out as well.

I know every side has had a bad day here and there...

But a score of 32 is something you wouldn't have seen from the Diamond Creek of seasons 06/07, 07/08 and 08/09!

Their golden run couldn't last forever, but is it too early to declare that the wheels have fallen off..?

They might just keep a top 4 spot after this round, but if you couple this week with the loss to N.E.W - things look a little shakey.

Back