DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

turtz31;372021 said:
your kidding yourself, they were 6-51 and a bloke who cant bat came out and smashed 80. Albeit Voppe batted beautifully from all reports
Will beat eltham comfortably, macleod maybe, research, does anyone bother turning up?

I'm not kidding myself. It happens. Eltham only went down by 10 runs today. All it takes is for skips to bat the whole day, and all of a sudden they are are a chance to take points. Macleod have improved - I think from memory that Riverside haven't even beaten Macleod yet in Barclay, and Research, well all out for 21 doesn't say much about them I guess.

turtz31;372021 said:
your kidding yourself, they were 6-51 and a bloke who cant bat came out and smashed 80. Albeit Voppe batted beautifully from all reports
Will beat eltham comfortably, macleod maybe, research, does anyone bother turning up?

have been telling the coaching staff the same thing cant bat cant bowl but some how get a game :D

I saw the riverside lalor game on the weekend. Volpe batted brilliantly in his chanceless hundred. Marshall hit the ball hard and seem to keep finding the fence. Marshall was dropped with 70 still needed though. I still firmly believe Riverside are finals bound.

captain cuzz;372067 said:
Could be one of the highest scoring games on record next week when Mernda play Research!

What are the chances of both teams not making 100 between them? The only thing that will be the difference is Baker. Take out Baker and it would be the worst possible game of cricket to watch.

6 runs;372148 said:
I saw the riverside lalor game on the weekend. Volpe batted brilliantly in his chanceless hundred. Marshall hit the ball hard and seem to keep finding the fence. Marshall was dropped with 70 still needed though. I still firmly believe Riverside are finals bound.

Thats right, Volpe smashed em and desearved the ton easily, Riverside just was out played in the end very dissapointing though having them 5/60 but thats cricket and it happens, finals bound, it's only round 3 like Mernda havn't won a game and i reckon with thier list if they start winning thier a chance.

Wattle Glenn 2010;372220 said:
Thats right, Volpe smashed em and desearved the ton easily, Riverside just was out played in the end very dissapointing though having them 5/60 but thats cricket and it happens, finals bound, it's only round 3 like Mernda havn't won a game and i reckon with thier list if they start winning thier a chance.

Mernda are no chance of finals! Big call early, but unless Baker takes 6 for under 30 they will not win! They simply cannot bat.

They need to be chasing under 100.

Wattle Glenn 2010;372220 said:

We were shown why Lalor finished 2nd last year and on the riverside wicket you get in you shouldnt go out. As for research all the NEWCC blokes can rest easy knowin you wont finish last after their performance on the week end

TheDuke;372269 said:
We were shown why Lalor finished 2nd last year and on the riverside wicket you get in you shouldnt go out. As for research all the NEWCC blokes can rest easy knowin you wont finish last after their performance on the week end

North Eltham have at least been competitive this year, Research the other day were simply disgraceful. To lose outright before tea on day 2 in Barclay is just embarrassing

The430king;372279 said:
North Eltham have at least been competitive this year, Research the other day were simply disgraceful. To lose outright before tea on day 2 in Barclay is just embarrassing

thats what im sayin, nearly as bad as panton hill b grade lossing on the first day

research on the w/e sounds like they were disgraceful and there should be no excuses put in place, only thing that i could think of as a contributing factor is there huge A grade player losses over the last season or two

search08-09;372349 said:
research on the w/e sounds like they were disgraceful and there should be no excuses put in place, only thing that i could think of as a contributing factor is there huge A grade player losses over the last season or two

All clubs lose players! Therefore you cannot use that as ANY form of excuse! The key is to show some tenacity and take pride in not only yourself, but also the club that you are representing. Eltham have struggled for a couple of years to have guys in the 1's who have very good ability, but i will say that the players that do play generally have alot of heart! And when push comes to shove have a red hot crack. All out for 21 is spineless! No one can argue that!

Tongs;372181 said:
What are the chances of both teams not making 100 between them? The only thing that will be the difference is Baker. Take out Baker and it would be the worst possible game of cricket to watch.

Fair go tongs... Although mernda have started terribly this season they are the reining premiers and to suggest without Baker the game would be a dud is disrespectful not only to mernda but research as well.. Pull your head in

beefy;372676 said:
Fair go tongs... Although mernda have started terribly this season they are the reining premiers and to suggest without Baker the game would be a dud is disrespectful not only to mernda but research as well.. Pull your head in

Simply answer: NO!

Secondly, Baker is Mernda. If he misses a game and I don't care who it is against, they will not win. It's not disrespectful at all, its my opinion which is warrented based on their performances thus far. To say they won the flag last year means NOTHING! Look at Hawthorn. They have started terribly you're right. And it will continue this way until Baker has a day out.

As for Research they deserve everything they get at the moment. To put in an insipid performance like that is nothing short or embarrassing! And they will know that thenmselves. Their depth is not there, and they know they are pushing it up hill this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back