DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

duck man;386250 said:
keays could not have done his knee water skiing as there is not a big enough boat to tow him

You wouldn't know about leg injuries as you dont have any! No legs.

You also need to get someone out to fix one of those cheap split systems you had installed for us. One is leaking. Or does it come with a 1 month warranty?

after all there hard work getting to barclay shield, eltham have done the business over the Ping and sent NEW back to Money shield! Well done boys!

turtz31;386579 said:
after all there hard work getting to barclay shield, eltham have done the business over the Ping and sent NEW back to Money shield! Well done boys!

Must be a lot of soul searching going on at Epping, they are dead set hopeless with the bat.

Well done eltham.

turtz31;386579 said:
mind you, we still are yet to play epping.

100% BULL;386586 said:
Must be a lot of soul searching going on at Epping, they are dead set hopeless with the bat.

Well done eltham.

Aren't they! That new pitch of theres isn't helping. None of them are used to making runs!

NEWCC, very true you haven't played them, but you play them up there. They will bowl you out for 40 and you'll bowl them out for 50! apparently a shocker! Mind you not having played at home all year hasn't helped. I don't think it will take long for you guys to get back to barclay shield!

Yet again we have be written off by pretty much the whole of the DVCA and yet again we have proven EVERYONE wrong!!!!

Great win by the panthers! Loved getting on here and seeing that not only did they win, but a reverse outright!

As i have said many a times, the boys may not have the most ability in the comp,, but they have true heart!!!

Tongs;386618 said:
Yet again we have be written off by pretty much the whole of the DVCA and yet again we have proven EVERYONE wrong!!!!

Great win by the panthers! Loved getting on here and seeing that not only did they win, but a reverse outright!

As i have said many a times, the boys may not have the most ability in the comp,, but they have true heart!!!

Keep the cork on the Champagne Tongs! 2 games left. In the box seat for sure, but strange things have been known to happen at this stage of the season!

brutal;386706 said:
Keep the cork on the Champagne Tongs! 2 games left. In the box seat for sure, but strange things have been known to happen at this stage of the season!

very true, and with the ladder as it stands, i'll be very suprised if there aren't a few more games played for 10 points before we finish.

Brutal, wonder if you could shed any light on a few things from the research/plenty game. Tim Collins retired hurt, is that cos he was only available one week or was he injured during the week/innings on the weekend? Only seen him bat once but he looked very good against us last year.
Also noticed Salvatore didn't bowl a ball yet opened the batting:confused:

Bundoora;386824 said:
very true, and with the ladder as it stands, i'll be very suprised if there aren't a few more games played for 10 points before we finish.

Brutal, wonder if you could shed any light on a few things from the research/plenty game. Tim Collins retired hurt, is that cos he was only available one week or was he injured during the week/innings on the weekend? Only seen him bat once but he looked very good against us last year.
Also noticed Salvatore didn't bowl a ball yet opened the batting:confused:

Tim Collins came down with a bad bout of gastro and could not stand up, therefore unable to bat. At 6/32 was not required, but at 6/120 might have been worth a show! Salvatore, not too sure about. I had previously heard that he had a muscle injury from a previous game, but also heard that illness in the family may have kept him away for the second week. Perhaps someone from plenty may be able to clarify, Rosbrook and Hubber did a fair job though!

brutal;386876 said:
Tim Collins came down with a bad bout of gastro and could not stand up, therefore unable to bat. At 6/32 was not required, but at 6/120 might have been worth a show! Salvatore, not too sure about. I had previously heard that he had a muscle injury from a previous game, but also heard that illness in the family may have kept him away for the second week. Perhaps someone from plenty may be able to clarify, Rosbrook and Hubber did a fair job though!

I'm not from Plenty, but can confirm that he has been carrying an hamstring before christmas. He has got an family ilness as well. His brother didn't play on the weekend for this weekend as well.

Tongs;386618 said:

Very good effort over at Eltham Tongs. I heard they partied till Sunday night. Looks like they won't need you to come home from safari after all. It will make for an interesting and fiery local derby on the next 2 weekends, after both clubs have top wins.

Well done to Eltham on proving myself and a few others wrong by avoiding relegation again this year. A big win at the right time and another poor showing by NEW this week ensures their survival yet again.

Hopefully, for the sake of the competition more than anything, they can recruit a couple of guns or develop some kids over the winter and gets some results on the board in 10/11 rather than holding out til round 9 for their best cricket.

P.S It was good to see Cold Case back in action this week, even if it was down in D Grade bashing up the kids from Camrea! Was it 3 wickets in the first over or 3 in your first 2 overs CC? If only we could all have our bat and bowl then decide we've had enough and sit on the sidelines sinking a few cold ones. :p How did the knee pull up? Any plans of a big return for the last game of the year?

captain cuzz;387506 said:
Well done to Eltham on proving myself and a few others wrong by avoiding relegation again this year. A big win at the right time and another poor showing by NEW this week ensures their survival yet again.

Hopefully, for the sake of the competition more than anything, they can recruit a couple of guns or develop some kids over the winter and gets some results on the board in 10/11 rather than holding out til round 9 for their best cricket.

P.S It was good to see Cold Case back in action this week, even if it was down in D Grade bashing up the kids from Camrea! Was it 3 wickets in the first over or 3 in your first 2 overs CC? If only we could all have our bat and bowl then decide we've had enough and sit on the sidelines sinking a few cold ones. :p How did the knee pull up? Any plans of a big return for the last game of the year?

No thats it. An eleventh hour inclusion as we had multiple scratchings. Had fun but too much cheating at that level with no umpires. So in saying that I apologise and retract all I have said about not having umpires. Both sides made some very dodgy decisions. Put it this way. The knee didn't improve any but fortunately didn't seem to hurt it any more. Thanks for asking.
I probably, by the scores should have filled in up at Schotters Road. Terrible and embarrasing result. The boys must hit back next week and at least win the days play in which I think they can.

A fantastic result on Sunday with the Barclay Shield X1 trouncing Jika's best. All the bowlers were dominant even though it appeared to be against a much inferior opposition. The Money Shield X1 weren't so fortunate and obviously under performed.
It does pose a question for the future of combined games I believe. The attendance was poor and needless to say the thrill factor was definately missing.
It seems that if your own club is represented with a player then you may round up supporters to attend, but if not then supporters seem a bit loathe.
With its seeming short stock of quality players within the Jika is it an option to scrap the comp game and maybe play an intra comp match with the Valleys' best 24 thus attracting many more supporters and onlookers?

cold case;387744 said:
A fantastic result on Sunday with the Barclay Shield X1 trouncing Jika's best. All the bowlers were dominant even though it appeared to be against a much inferior opposition. The Money Shield X1 weren't so fortunate and obviously under performed.
It does pose a question for the future of combined games I believe. The attendance was poor and needless to say the thrill factor was definately missing.
It seems that if your own club is represented with a player then you may round up supporters to attend, but if not then supporters seem a bit loathe.
With its seeming short stock of quality players within the Jika is it an option to scrap the comp game and maybe play an intra comp match with the Valleys' best 24 thus attracting many more supporters and onlookers?

As stated on this forum previously, if a "comp game" must be played i'm all for Barclay V Money. I never was or will be good enough to be selected so i don't wish to take any gloss off the guys who do play but in my opinion the games are being played for the sake of it. Just because it worked 10 or so years ago, doesn't mean it has the same releveance today.

In respect to the crowd numbers, i think you'll find in previous seasons, a Sunday game used to be a novelty so you'd make an effort to go and watch a comp game or play in a lightning premiership as we used to have.
Clubs are now actively playing most Sunday's so on the rare occurence that you are not required to field a team ( more so for teams with 5 or more grades ) the last thing you want to do is go and watch more cricket.

As the comp is structured at the moment, Sunday games are here to stay. Maybe a mid week (Tuesday night) 20/20 comp between all Barclay & Money shield teams is a way to go. I'm not sure if that's feasible but if the comp want's a "showcase" game, for want of a better expression, maybe a 20/20 grand final on a Friday Night with ALL PROFITS donated to a LOCAL CHARITY??

i like bundoora believed a barclay vs money comp game would be good but after watching the money shield perform against a 3rd rate jika team then maybe the difference b/w comps is bigger than i thought, and now thinking maybe a lightning premiership type carnival is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back