DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

The Wizz;388325 said:
How good is this coming right down to the last round. Eltham must beat Bundoora and rely on Riveside beating NEW. Good round of cricket coming up. Good luck to Macleod 1st season in Barclay and a good chance of playing finals.

This is not correct Crumpets. We all know that this is Macleods' 2nd season. You wouldn't know this though as you slept for 12 months last year when you were President at Mill Park.

Teapicker;388359 said:
Word is that all clubs can now pencil in two outright wins next season. Epping and You blonks

Matt, Matt, Matt, i should have known such comments would come from such a dim wit.

You and the rest of your clan lost all rights to bag the NEWCC both publically and privately when you deserted our club for your own personal benefits to lift your own profile in a new community. Hope its worked well?

I was actually quite upset when i read your intial comments. But when i found out it came from you it all made perfect sense.

Keep trying little boy. One day you might be a big boy too.

Looks a great round 11 coming up with a few more suprises in store i'm tipping. Four sides looking for the remaining 3 spots with Mernda and Bundoora controlling there own destiny with 6 points enough to secure a spot while a first innings win won't be enough for Macleod or Riverside if all teams win!!
Bundoora (we) face an Eltham team fighting for there Barclay shield survival so i'm sure we'll have to play at or very close to our best to ensure we get the points, if we don't, we only have ourselves to blame.

Mernda V Lower Eltham looks an interesting game with Mernda hitting some top form at the right time while Lower Eltham have been very impressive after xmas, it will be no easy game and if Lower Elthams batsman can get on top of Bakes & Chesto they should push mernda all the way. Head says Mernda but i'm obviously hoping for a Lower Eltham victory to give us a chance of 2nd spot and a home final.

Macleod v Epping - anything van happen in this. Macleod are very hard to beat on there home deck while Epping without any pressure can turn up and play with a heap of freedom, very hard to see a team geting bowled out twice on that deck so macleod will be happy to take the 6 points and hopefully a boost of percentage and hope Bundoora get beat and Riverside at best only get 6 points - can't see NEW beating them.

Riverside V NEW - Interesting game which i'm sure NEW will be keen to try and guarantee a spot in Barclay next season with a win. Riverside have been pretty consistent and aside from Gibbs, have no real standouts and have gotten to this position with various guys contributing throughout the year. IMO, while i'm sure Riverside won't be getting too far ahead of themselves, i'm tipping at some stage on day 2 they will have a crack at 10 points, or at the very least look to increase there % enough to give themselves a chance if macleod happen to win & Bundoora get defeated.

cold case;388427 said:
Probably similiar down our camp. More embarrassment than grumpiness. Unfortunately when a club has a dirty round collectively, people can become somewhat touchy. Silly statements and comments. "He should have played", or "why did he get a game?". " Why didnt the captain make the change earlier?". Usually, people making them statements are the guys who dont have the answers until after the fact and most likely failed themselves.
Well done NEW. Obviously the job is not over. If I remember correctly, Eltham beat Bundoora last year. May the best team stay up.

ps- When Bundoora reads this. I quizzed my old man about the LBW. He now feels bad and we are not talking for the time being. He got real dirty when I told him that the players around the league are calling him Dickie jnr!

Yep, Eltham beat us in the last over of a one dayer in round 10 last season. While we haven't played at our best since the xmas break, we have been good enough over the season to be able to control our own destiny so i'd hope a finals spot is just as much incentive to win as Eltham have in trying to avoid relegation.

No need for him to feel bad, i've got a bat i could have used if i wanted too. Anyway, i'm sure it would have clipped the top of off stump if there was a second set on top of the original stumps:D

Cant be too dirty on an umpire who gives me bowling tips in between balls and tells you "You should have caught in your mouth" after i dropped a sitter at third slip!!

CowCorner;388263 said:
Epping BS side really do need a mirror to have a hard look at themselves. What a joke.

2 games in a row to be reversed outright by two low (but mostly honest) teams to throw away finals is plain stupid.

Has anyone down there actually passed grade three math to see that just winning could have meant they played finals.

Absolutely terrible if you ask me. Got the tactics totally wrong if you ask me. Surely they should of batted on for an extra 20 overs and wouldn't of worried about batting again.
Well done to North Eltham. Puts the ball back Eltham's court. From what i saw on the weekend, Bundoora won't have too many nightmare's worrying about Eltham this weekend

cold case;388427 said:
Probably similiar down our camp. More embarrassment than grumpiness. Unfortunately when a club has a dirty round collectively, people can become somewhat touchy. Silly statements and comments. "He should have played", or "why did he get a game?". " Why didnt the captain make the change earlier?". Usually, people making them statements are the guys who dont have the answers until after the fact and most likely failed themselves.
Well done NEW. Obviously the job is not over. If I remember correctly, Eltham beat Bundoora last year. May the best team stay up.

ps- When Bundoora reads this. I quizzed my old man about the LBW. He now feels bad and we are not talking for the time being. He got real dirty when I told him that the players around the league are calling him Dickie jnr!

Very amusing big fella.

100% BULL;388384 said:
Love to have been a fly on the wall at Epping on Saturday night. I'd assume there was a few frayed tempers.

no it was the same as every saturday night a few beers and a quite chat not good enough to play finals this year but have had a good run for the last 7 years so all you blonks can keep talking all your rubbish

No need for him to feel bad, i've got a bat i could have used if i wanted too. Anyway, i'm sure it would have clipped the top of off stump if there was a second set on top of the original stumps:D

It sounds like it was as close as the one I got from Doupe against you guys when it nearly him me in the nuts!

duck man;388451 said:
no it was the same as every saturday night a few beers and a quite chat not good enough to play finals this year but have had a good run for the last 7 years so all you blonks can keep talking all your rubbish

How our split system going No Legs?

End of the year both clubs should play a 20/20. 20 batsmen per side. The game should go the distance. do ya reckon?:D

cold case;388454 said:
How our split system going No Legs?

End of the year both clubs should play a 20/20. 20 batsmen per side. The game should go the distance. do ya reckon?:D

only if we can have two bats again

spinnersclub;388470 said:
For those who feel sorry for themsleves after a bad days cricket ,think of these blokes on the weekend.

Check out the bowling figures :D

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/asphost.aspx?
loc=/cricket/reports/match.asp&locx=MATCH&matchID=655383

A spanking!

bringbackdeano;388481 said:
LOL, never mind the losers, I feel sorry for the poor bloke who bowled 23 overs for the match, took 9/35, made 51 and won't even get Man Of The Match!!:D

DK Ciavarella
O M W R
8 0 0 133

SURELY SHOULD HAVE PULLED A HAMMY OR SOMETHING AFTER ABOUT 3 OVERS...
HOW COULD THE CAPTAIN BOWL THIS GUY FOR 8 OVERS ?
HAD A GOOD GAME THIS BLOKE - ALSO MADE 9 & 0 IN TWO HITS...

WTF?

What a strange comp. Oakleigh had twelve players, at first I thought it was 12th man but he bowled....

Wonder if Clint Eastwood is a good keeper? 'cos he didn't take a catch.....but bowled (and got spanked)

cold case;387744 said:
A fantastic result on Sunday with the Barclay Shield X1 trouncing Jika's best. All the bowlers were dominant even though it appeared to be against a much inferior opposition. The Money Shield X1 weren't so fortunate and obviously under performed.
It does pose a question for the future of combined games I believe. The attendance was poor and needless to say the thrill factor was definately missing.
It seems that if your own club is represented with a player then you may round up supporters to attend, but if not then supporters seem a bit loathe.
With its seeming short stock of quality players within the Jika is it an option to scrap the comp game and maybe play an intra comp match with the Valleys' best 24 thus attracting many more supporters and onlookers?

I generally get around to watch a few Jika/NMCA games during the year and by no means am I making excuses for their performance, it seemed they really struggled to cope with the movement all of your bowlers generated with the two piece ball. Which ever ball your competition decides to use is up to you but you must admit it is easier to go up to a 4 piece than it is to comeback to a 2piece ball. Full credit to your guys and the way they executed causing from what I saw all of Jika bats to guess. Will your competition seriously consider a 4 piece in your comp or for the sake of the comp games use a 4piece for games in the future, at least then it might be a little more competitive and the gloss won't be taken off an emphatic win from either side?

Fuel to the Fire;388550 said:
I generally get around to watch a few Jika/NMCA games during the year and by no means am I making excuses for their performance, it seemed they really struggled to cope with the movement all of your bowlers generated with the two piece ball. Which ever ball your competition decides to use is up to you but you must admit it is easier to go up to a 4 piece than it is to comeback to a 2piece ball. Full credit to your guys and the way they executed causing from what I saw all of Jika bats to guess. Will your competition seriously consider a 4 piece in your comp or for the sake of the comp games use a 4piece for games in the future, at least then it might be a little more competitive and the gloss won't be taken off an emphatic win from either side?

The 4-piece will be in sooner than later. Only a monetry hurdle at the moment. They may only be used for the top grades at the monent though. I played in a match on the weekend where over two weeks 10-15 balls were lost. At 50 bucks a pop it can become expensive. We had to slip in a few $8 training recovers.

cold case;388555 said:
The 4-piece will be in sooner than later. Only a monetry hurdle at the moment. They may only be used for the top grades at the monent though. I played in a match on the weekend where over two weeks 10-15 balls were lost. At 50 bucks a pop it can become expensive. We had to slip in a few $8 training recovers.

Very rare occasion - CC standing at one end just potting the mediocore D Grade bowling of the oppostion into the creek behind them!

Maybe you should have only been allowed to bat at the creek end, that way at least you'd only have had to knock on the neighbour's door and ask them to fetch it for you! :D

captain cuzz;388578 said:
Very rare occasion - CC standing at one end just potting the mediocore D Grade bowling of the oppostion into the creek behind them!

Maybe you should have only been allowed to bat at the creek end, that way at least you'd only have had to knock on the neighbour's door and ask them to fetch it for you! :D

Not too many come from my bat. The opposition dominated and had quite a decent bowling attack. I was a ring in but I reckon they may have had a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back