DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

cold case;388600 said:
Not too many come from my bat. The opposition dominated and had quite a decent bowling attack. I was a ring in but I reckon they may have had a couple.

No ring ins in the opposition.
Camrea had 4 outright results on the weekend.
1st, 2nds, and 3rds won outright and the 4ths lost outright.

Snake;388615 said:
No ring ins in the opposition.
Camrea had 4 outright results on the weekend.
1st, 2nds, and 3rds won outright and the 4ths lost outright.

Your opening bowler said he has played Money Shield most of the year and Mr Azizi said he took 3 wickets in Money Reseve the week before. He should be playing 2's at least.

cold case;388623 said:
Your opening bowler said he has played Money Shield most of the year and Mr Azizi said he took 3 wickets in Money Reseve the week before. He should be playing 2's at least.

I might have a different interpration of ring in to you but both boys are a victim of our two's winning 7 games straight.

the opening bowler did play money shield but he didnt set the world alight when he did. Both players couldnt get a crack in the 2s due to such strong form as stated by Snake.
Also, im quite sure both players were not ring ins

dsi;388679 said:
the opening bowler did play money shield but he didnt set the world alight when he did. Both players couldnt get a crack in the 2s due to such strong form as stated by Snake.
Also, im quite sure both players were not ring ins

A good problem to have. Wish we had it!

Too Easy;388434 said:
Matt, Matt, Matt, i should have known such comments would come from such a dim wit.

You and the rest of your clan lost all rights to bag the NEWCC both publically and privately when you deserted our club for your own personal benefits to lift your own profile in a new community. Hope its worked well?

I was actually quite upset when i read your intial comments. But when i found out it came from you it all made perfect sense.

Keep trying little boy. One day you might be a big boy too.

For someone who rarely even reads BigCricket I'm quite flattered that my name gets thrown around in here (and in the Barclay Shield thread of all places!)

It's a shame that I have to come online to defend myself due to an argument which I was never involved in. Let me make it clear for those of you who like to make assumptions; I am not nor have I ever been TeaPicker, I am not even aware of his or her identity therefore I am somewhat bewildered that accusations fly against me and my family for a debate that never had anything to do with us.

I'm open and honest enough to come online with my real identity - I challenge those of you who appear so clever behind a username to come out and do the same.

I'll even make the concession that if you are too gutless to do it on the open forum you can PM your identity to me so at least I know who's throwing my name around, better still if you are so sure of your facts - lets chat face to face.

For what it's worth; I keep in regular contact with many of the NEWCC community and there are no ill-feelings whatsoever. I loved my years at the club, a club which I like to think my family made a significant contribution towards. However, a new opportunity arose and subsequently we moved on. We're happy where we are and are rapt to see a club which we poured out time and effort into, succeeding. Those at North Eltham who actually chose to make themselves aware of the circumstance rather than hide behind a keyboard and fling accusations are well aware of this and have wished us every success at South Morang.

Seeing as you were confident enough of my identity to mudsling, I suppose it's not too far fetched to suspect you may have been a little off with the facts again this time around.

Use of the word 'dim-wit' is beginning to seem a little ironic. :rolleyes:

I look forward to hearing back from you in whatever manner you feel most comfortable.

Matt Ondarchie.

Awesome. Pose as Matt Ondarchie and write all that, great idea. Who is it really?

Ondarch;389020 said:
For someone who rarely even reads BigCricket I'm quite flattered that my name gets thrown around in here (and in the Barclay Shield thread of all places!)

It's a shame that I have to come online to defend myself due to an argument which I was never involved in. Let me make it clear for those of you who like to make assumptions; I am not nor have I ever been TeaPicker, I am not even aware of his or her identity therefore I am somewhat bewildered that accusations fly against me and my family for a debate that never had anything to do with us.

I'm open and honest enough to come online with my real identity - I challenge those of you who appear so clever behind a username to come out and do the same.

I'll even make the concession that if you are too gutless to do it on the open forum you can PM your identity to me so at least I know who's throwing my name around, better still if you are so sure of your facts - lets chat face to face.

For what it's worth; I keep in regular contact with many of the NEWCC community and there are no ill-feelings whatsoever. I loved my years at the club, a club which I like to think my family made a significant contribution towards. However, a new opportunity arose and subsequently we moved on. We're happy where we are and are rapt to see a club which we poured out time and effort into, succeeding. Those at North Eltham who actually chose to make themselves aware of the circumstance rather than hide behind a keyboard and fling accusations are well aware of this and have wished us every success at South Morang.

Seeing as you were confident enough of my identity to mudsling, I suppose it's not too far fetched to suspect you may have been a little off with the facts again this time around.

Use of the word 'dim-wit' is beginning to seem a little ironic. :rolleyes:

I look forward to hearing back from you in whatever manner you feel most comfortable.

Matt Ondarchie.

Who?

A father to two DVCA players passed away early Sunday morning. Maurie Salvatore was not only a supporter of his sons but last played as a Vet for Lower Eltham Cricket Club.

Thoughts and Prayers to Maggie (wife) and Michelle (Daughter).

Also to Chrisso (Plenty) and Matty (Lower Eltham). Guys your Dad was a champ, always around watching you guys at your best, and could play the game as well. Thinking of you at this time.

RIP Mozza.

CowCorner;389747 said:
A father to two DVCA players passed away early Sunday morning. Maurie Salvatore was not only a supporter of his sons but last played as a Vet for Lower Eltham Cricket Club.

Thoughts and Prayers to Maggie (wife) and Michelle (Daughter).

Also to Chrisso (Plenty) and Matty (Lower Eltham). Guys your Dad was a champ, always around watching you guys at your best, and could play the game as well. Thinking of you at this time.

RIP Mozza.

Couldn't of said it better pal. My thoughts are with the family as well.

Just curious to see how people think the weekend will pan out.

Lalor v Plenty - Lalor in trouble. Looking to avoid another outright defeat , but I reckon Plenty will win this one and remain clear favourites for this years flag

Eltham V Bundoora - Even Money game. If Minney bats for the best part of the day and has some mates that can stick around, Eltham should realistically win this game. Get Minney out early, and its all over red rover. Tipping Bundoora in a tight one.

Diamond Creek v Research. The Creek looking for an outright, but it wont be enough. Disappointing second half of the year for creek.

Lower Eltham v Mernda - Could Mernda break the trend and score 250 runs away from home ? Flip of the coin here. Tipping Lower Eltham in an upset, but Mernda still to get a home final where they are always dangerous. WILL CHESTO FINALLY RETIRE ?

Riverside v North Eltham Wanderers - There will be a lot of people keeping an eye on this game. Riverside win without losing too many wickets, they're in. North Eltham will be relying on Minney to fall cheaply. Eltham will be relying on Gibbs and co to chase down 247. Macleod will be relying on North Eltham to take plenty of wickets. Bundoora will be relying on North Eltham to win to make finals a certainty. SO MANY VARIABLES. Tipping Riverside to win with 4 wickets to spare.

Macleod v Epping - Epping need to win outright and hope that Bundoora lose. Not likely on the flat deck at Macleod. So, they can go down swinging , or start next year now, and try to bat all day just to lay some sort of foundation. Tipping Macleod to win this one by around 100 runs.

So the final washup should be something like this ( if predictions go accordingly )

Lower Plenty , Mernda, Bundoora, Macleod sneak in by .03 quotient.

Funny game cricket, so anything can happen.

Good luck to all teams

serg fernandez;390053 said:

Lalor v Plenty - Lalor in trouble. Looking to avoid another outright defeat , but I reckon Plenty will win this one and remain clear favourites for this years flag

Eltham V Bundoora - Even Money game. If Minney bats for the best part of the day and has some mates that can stick around, Eltham should realistically win this game. Get Minney out early, and its all over red rover. Tipping Bundoora in a tight one.

Diamond Creek v Research. The Creek looking for an outright, but it wont be enough. Disappointing second half of the year for creek.

Lower Eltham v Research - Could Mernda break the trend and score 250 runs away from home ? Flip of the coin here. Tipping Lower Eltham in an upset, but Mernda still to get a home final where they are always dangerous. WILL CHESTO FINALLY RETIRE ?

Riverside v North Eltham Wanderers - There will be a lot of people keeping an eye on this game. Riverside win without losing too many wickets, they're in. North Eltham will be relying on Minney to fall cheaply. Eltham will be relying on Gibbs and co to chase down 247. Macleod will be relying on North Eltham to take plenty of wickets. Bundoora will be relying on North Eltham to win to make finals a certainty. SO MANY VARIABLES. Tipping Riverside to win with 4 wickets to spare.

Macleod v Epping - Epping need to win outright and hope that Bundoora lose. Not likely on the flat deck at Macleod. So, they can go down swinging , or start next year now, and try to bat all day just to lay some sort of foundation. Tipping Macleod to win this one by around 100 runs.

So the final washup should be something like this ( if predictions go accordingly )

Good luck to all teams

If we win and mernda lose, Bundoora get the home final.

I'm sure there will be a few phone calls made around 5pm to see what eventuates. The good thing about our position is we don't need to rely on other results, win our game and we play next week. Lose and we probably shouldn't be there.Simple.

Bundoora;390056 said:
If we win and mernda lose, Bundoora get the home final.

I'm sure there will be a few phone calls made around 5pm to see what eventuates. The good thing about our position is we don't need to rely on other results, win our game and we play next week. Lose and we probably shouldn't be there.Simple.

Yep, my mistake.

serg fernandez;390053 said:

Lower Eltham v Mernda - Could Mernda break the trend and score 250 runs away from home ? Flip of the coin here. Tipping Lower Eltham in an upset, but Mernda still to get a home final where they are always dangerous. WILL CHESTO FINALLY RETIRE ?

Good luck to all teams

Dunno if Lower Plenty qualify.....:D:D

Nice wrap up and you got close.

Massive win by Eltham again winning the last round to stay up in BS. Actually dropped down and watched a bit and saw a pretty regulation CBH grounded when Skip was only on about 35.....then when their no. 11 walked up to the Coach and said "OK Willo, I am off then" To which the reply was something like "WTF?!?" After being told that he had a wedding and was leaving, Willo informed him that he was not going anywhere until he batted, "so pad up". Sort of worked as he went on to smash a 30 odd and help Eltham win the game. Some sore heads down Panther Pl tonight I would suggest.

NEW back down but I am sure its not the last we will hear from them.

CowCorner;390183 said:
Dunno if Lower Plenty qualify.....:D:D

Nice wrap up and you got close.

Massive win by Eltham again winning the last round to stay up in BS. Actually dropped down and watched a bit and saw a pretty regulation CBH grounded when Skip was only on about 35.....then when their no. 11 walked up to the Coach and said "OK Willo, I am off then" To which the reply was something like "WTF?!?" After being told that he had a wedding and was leaving, Willo informed him that he was not going anywhere until he batted, "so pad up". Sort of worked as he went on to smash a 30 odd and help Eltham win the game. Some sore heads down Panther Pl tonight I would suggest.

NEW back down but I am sure its not the last we will hear from them.
A REGULATION CBH !!!! You are kidding right???
A bottom edge to the keeper up to the stumps???

Besides this, still a great win by Eltham in trying conditions for the bowlers. Fantastic knock by Skips who is clearly one of the comps greatest.
Great stuff by Epping to knock of Macleod and keep our season alive.

Up to the boys to lift and beleive in the fact they can win next week.

THE PREZ;390188 said:
A REGULATION CBH !!!! You are kidding right???
A bottom edge to the keeper up to the stumps???

Besides this, still a great win by Eltham in trying conditions for the bowlers. Fantastic knock by Skips who is clearly one of the comps greatest.
Great stuff by Epping to knock of Macleod and keep our season alive.

Up to the boys to lift and beleive in the fact they can win next week.

Edge, into the gloves and grassed, yeah it was not easy and many players that play cricket may not have taken it but IMO thats pretty regulation for a A grade keeper. May be wrong just my opinion. And you say 'up to the stumps' like an opener was bowling, it was a slower bowler that you would expect a keeper to be at the stumps, or again that could be just me.

Just a thought....and I am sure to get smashed for this (its just a thought).....As MS sides compete in finals and the winner gets promoted to BS. Why do the bottom side automatically get relegated. Should the bottom two not have a play off? Would another 'final' this week be a exciting event.

When you can play another 'lower' (on the ladder) side and be washed out yet everyone else has had a crack, or when you play a 'lower' side on a one dayer and others are getting the possibility of out-rights. Should you be not be given the opportunity to compete with another chance. I dunno, just thinking. A Eltham v NEW would be a cracker this weekend....

Any how, good luck to all sides in the finals. There will be some cracking games out there and I am sure there will be a upset or two.:)

CowCorner;390393 said:
Edge, into the gloves and grassed, yeah it was not easy and many players that play cricket may not have taken it but IMO thats pretty regulation for a A grade keeper. May be wrong just my opinion. And you say 'up to the stumps' like an opener was bowling, it was a slower bowler that you would expect a keeper to be at the stumps, or again that could be just me.
Just a thought....and I am sure to get smashed for this (its just a thought).....As MS sides compete in finals and the winner gets promoted to BS. Why do the bottom side automatically get relegated. Should the bottom two not have a play off? Would another 'final' this week be a exciting event.

When you can play another 'lower' (on the ladder) side and be washed out yet everyone else has had a crack, or when you play a 'lower' side on a one dayer and others are getting the possibility of out-rights. Should you be not be given the opportunity to compete with another chance. I dunno, just thinking. A Eltham v NEW would be a cracker this weekend....

Any how, good luck to all sides in the finals. There will be some cracking games out there and I am sure there will be a upset or two.:)

Think your being a bit harsh on Singy, bottom edge of an attempted pull shot that went straight towards the ground.
Full credit to Eltham, they bowled very well after the break last week and batted sensibly in the conditions on Saturday. They were deserving winners.

Don't agree with a "final" for relegation, although i agree it would make for an exciting contest. I know the crowd got right into the spirit of things at Eltham on the weekend, in what was a "relegation final" for them.

On the bright side, at least we played a minor part in keeping one of, if not the best ground in the comp in Barclay for at least another season!!

Bundoora;390400 said:
Think your being a bit harsh on Singy, bottom edge of an attempted pull shot that went straight towards the ground.
Full credit to Eltham, they bowled very well after the break last week and batted sensibly in the conditions on Saturday. They were deserving winners.

Don't agree with a "final" for relegation, although i agree it would make for an exciting contest. I know the crowd got right into the spirit of things at Eltham on the weekend, in what was a "relegation final" for them.

On the bright side, at least we played a minor part in keeping one of, if not the best ground in the comp in Barclay for at least another season!!

I probably am.:)

The Wizz;390410 said:
Finals!!

1 Plenty v 4 Bundoora
2 Mernda v 3 Riverside

Thoughts?

Plenty have been the powerhouse all year, this will be a tough one for Bundoora, they will have to be at their best. Tip - Plenty

Close one the next one and really could be a toss of a coin, Mernda know their own ground better than anyone and I reckon that's what will be the deciding factor. Tip - Mernda

But on any given day anything can happen. Hope to see everyone out there as they will be a cracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back