DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Why has Tongs not been on here.....Eltham win, relegate NEW and he is silent.....was he molested by a rouge giraffe on his African adventure???

:D :D :D :D

Last I heard he was being approached by hookers and panda bears in Cape Town.

short time reader, first time poster lol

popped in to see a great topham inspired win by the mighty pingers v macleod on saturday, we'll be back next year!!

can someone please explain how there were no reports from this match? i heard massive abuse toward the umpires and even the stumps got kicked over when toppy was given not out last ball before tea, everyone heard the knick, except the ump, but the carry on was uncalled for and no reports????? who is in control these days? and where is the comp heading when players can boot the stumps out of the ground and no action is taken?

Last ball before tea all happening, in the text of the game situation it was no big deal considering the circumstances, as far as the umpires decision, has anyone conidered that he may have been right and all the half pissed bar room cowboys who were rejected by the Collingwood cheer squad because they did not have enough criminal convictions against their name got it wrong?

cold case;390728 said:
Last ball before tea all happening, in the text of the game situation it was no big deal considering the circumstances, as far as the umpires decision, has anyone conidered that he may have been right and all the half pissed bar room cowboys who were rejected by the Collingwood cheer squad because they did not have enough criminal convictions against their name got it wrong?

well toppy did actually say he hit it, and at teatime too!!! not that i like to slag off the umps, but it was obvious. game situation may have been different going to tea at 7/160. we would have won 9 down instead of 6

not sure what the crowd has got to do with anything? i never mentioned them at all? i was talking about the players behaviour

harry2bob;390591 said:
short time reader, first time poster lol

popped in to see a great topham inspired win by the mighty pingers v macleod on saturday, we'll be back next year!!

can someone please explain how there were no reports from this match? i heard massive abuse toward the umpires and even the stumps got kicked over when toppy was given not out last ball before tea, everyone heard the knick, except the ump, but the carry on was uncalled for and no reports????? who is in control these days? and where is the comp heading when players can boot the stumps out of the ground and no action is taken?

Spot on, seen plenty of things on the ground this year that should have got weeks but umpires failed to inforce any of the rules. Stumps being knocked over in the rule book is an automatic 2 matches, I know from experience:D

Vilos;390884 said:
Spot on, seen plenty of things on the ground this year that should have got weeks but umpires failed to inforce any of the rules. Stumps being knocked over in the rule book is an automatic 2 matches, I know from experience:D

Umpires are not prepared to be the bad guy anymore, they want to be your mates, and have a beer after the game, which is fine, but like the opposition, while the game is being played, there is a job to do.

Saying this, there are clubs, and certain players who take advantage of this, kicking the stumps over is a disgrace, as is any form of dissent, and if the umpires don't report it, then the comp can do nothing, but what is stopping the CLUB from imposing a ban.

This sort of behaviour needs to be stopped and the easiest way is to stop it from an internal point.

WanderingUnity;391021 said:
Umpires are not prepared to be the bad guy anymore, they want to be your mates, and have a beer after the game, which is fine, but like the opposition, while the game is being played, there is a job to do.

Saying this, there are clubs, and certain players who take advantage of this, kicking the stumps over is a disgrace, as is any form of dissent, and if the umpires don't report it, then the comp can do nothing, but what is stopping the CLUB from imposing a ban.

This sort of behaviour needs to be stopped and the easiest way is to stop it from an internal point.

agree enitrely, although i did feel for the opposition, it was a shocking decision and probably changed the course of the game. however great decision for the pingers! lol

what is it with umpires wanting to be your mates, esp during the game.

we all should be mates after the game, but you dont get over friendly with your opposition during the game. the best umpires just umpire, those who want to be chatterboxes should be down the grades doing my games, maybe then we wouldnt have to do square leg!!! wishful thinking

harry2bob;391024 said:
agree enitrely, although i did feel for the opposition, it was a shocking decision and probably changed the course of the game. however great decision for the pingers! lol

what is it with umpires wanting to be your mates, esp during the game.

we all should be mates after the game, but you dont get over friendly with your opposition during the game. the best umpires just umpire, those who want to be chatterboxes should be down the grades doing my games, maybe then we wouldnt have to do square leg!!! wishful thinking

The umpiring this year in the Premier grade of the DVCA was absolutely disgusting from go to woe. Of course there are some good ones, but as a rule the comment above about them trying to be your mates was so blatant this year it was just comical.

Coming from the easy beat team of the year there was a very obvious and evident attitude taken by some umpires that they can give dodgy decisions to or against us all year cause who really cares, they cant play anyway.

There was nothing uncertain about two or three umpires in particular attitude towards us and the arrogance that went with it was something they should be ashamed of. The DVCA is being let down by these arrogant umpires who clearly think its their god given right to be outright aholes to players for no good reason. We had it tough enough all year with these blokes making things a whole lot worse.

To hear the way they would speak to the DVCA's 'Big Guns' when they came out to bat or went back to their mark to begin a spell, you would have thought it was God himself coming into bat/bowl. It was just comical and patheitc. One umpire in particular, who we had on 4 seperate occasions, gave me a spray and told me to get to back to Money where I belong. I may belong there but the last person that needs to be helping me and my teammates on the way is a bloody umpire.

I hope the umpires read this forum cause your behaviour was disgusting and it should be dealt with by the highest powers of the DVCA.

Too Easy;388313 said:
1 is unexceptable, but a massive reverse outright making it 2 will be just enough. Just enough indeed.

Whats the word round Barclay now numnuts?

Haven't had time to make a comment on the relegation of NEW, BUT GOOD BYE GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU IN 10-15 YEARS.

Signed Numnuts

Teapicker;391040 said:
Haven't had time to make a comment on the relegation of NEW, BUT GOOD BYE GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU IN 10-15 YEARS.

Signed Numnuts

Yeah, yeah. You win. I lose.

I still dont think we were the worst team in Barclay this year. We are absolutely shattered as a club, so thanks for waiting a few days before you gave us a cheap parting shot. Hopefully we will be back before 10-15 years. We will do everything we can to be back ASAP.

As for you Numnuts, two things i can never see happening 1. your team ever getting close to Barclay, ever. Middle of the range forever for you blokes. 2. You winning an election seat at anytime, ever. No matter how many times you move communities and try for a new lot of folk to bluff. Parliament will be just a dream like Barclay.

WanderingUnity;391021 said:

I think a lot of umpires are fed up with the lack of support from the tribunal. Why bother reporting a bloke for carrying on like a 3 year old if the tribunal will give him a 'reprimand'?

It's probably also easier to report no-one than to have to make judgement calls. If Johnny Nobody shows dissent and you report him, you put yourself in a position where you might need to report one of the so-called "big guns" for the same behaviour. And we all know that umpires would rather spend there time sucking up to certain players instead of reporting them.

I also wonder how much notice is given to umpire reports and feedback. There are some putrid umpires who have been in Barclay Shield for years, seemingly on the basis of who they know, whilst I've seen some better umpires in lower grades who look to have no chance of moving up because they're not mates with 'the inner sanctum'.

Teapicker;391040 said:

Signed Numnuts

couldn't have said it any better myself. It's alot harder to stay up than come up. I happened to witness most of the action down at whatmough park satdy. Riversides B grade would have chased down those runs. A very, very ordinary attack as well as very negative field placings. The opening bowler who wears 2 sweatbands wouldn't get my grandmother out.

U guys were very unlucky in the end but the Mark Minney Panthers live to fight another day.

Too Easy;391029 said:
The umpiring this year in the Premier grade of the DVCA was absolutely disgusting from go to woe. Of course there are some good ones, but as a rule the comment above about them trying to be your mates was so blatant this year it was just comical.

Coming from the easy beat team of the year there was a very obvious and evident attitude taken by some umpires that they can give dodgy decisions to or against us all year cause who really cares, they cant play anyway.

There was nothing uncertain about two or three umpires in particular attitude towards us and the arrogance that went with it was something they should be ashamed of. The DVCA is being let down by these arrogant umpires who clearly think its their god given right to be outright aholes to players for no good reason. We had it tough enough all year with these blokes making things a whole lot worse.

To hear the way they would speak to the DVCA's 'Big Guns' when they came out to bat or went back to their mark to begin a spell, you would have thought it was God himself coming into bat/bowl. It was just comical and patheitc. One umpire in particular, who we had on 4 seperate occasions, gave me a spray and told me to get to back to Money where I belong. I may belong there but the last person that needs to be helping me and my teammates on the way is a bloody umpire.

I hope the umpires read this forum cause your behaviour was disgusting and it should be dealt with by the highest powers of the DVCA.

Who are you trying to kid mate. Yes there are always bad decisions in cricket and sport in general. Bad decisions happen everywhere, every club i'm sure have copped their shockers this year.

Blaming the umpires for your teams demotion back to Money Shield is laughable and an absolute disgrace. Bad decisions happen everywhere, every club i'm sure have copped their shockers this year. My suggestion is to review the year, work hard, bust your guts out to get back into Barclay next year and stop sulking about things that aren't in control.

Yes the umpires have there favourites, it's been happening for a zillion years, but get over it. I will give you one thing though, if this umpire has supposedly said what you've claimed, that is a disgrace.

The430king;391063 said:
Who are you trying to kid mate. Yes there are always bad decisions in cricket and sport in general. Bad decisions happen everywhere, every club i'm sure have copped their shockers this year.

Blaming the umpires for your teams demotion back to Money Shield is laughable and an absolute disgrace. Bad decisions happen everywhere, every club i'm sure have copped their shockers this year. My suggestion is to review the year, work hard, bust your guts out to get back into Barclay next year and stop sulking about things that aren't in control.

Yes the umpires have there favourites, it's been happening for a zillion years, but get over it. I will give you one thing though, if this umpire has supposedly said what you've claimed, that is a disgrace.

Maybe the the Exec should contact some of the higher grade umps who have given it away over the last 10 seasons and ask them why. Like at exit interview at work. Believe me there are a lot of issues involved.

Nawab of Pautadi;391124 said:
Maybe the the Exec should contact some of the higher grade umps who have given it away over the last 10 seasons and ask them why. Like at exit interview at work. Believe me there are a lot of issues involved.

Some umps became very ill. Some left because of ego. Some just couldn't stand the heirachy. It wont get any better as the heir to the throne doesn't play team.

riversider;391056 said:
couldn't have said it any better myself. It's alot harder to stay up than come up. I happened to witness most of the action down at whatmough park satdy. Riversides B grade would have chased down those runs. A very, very ordinary attack as well as very negative field placings. The opening bowler who wears 2 sweatbands wouldn't get my grandmother out.

U guys were very unlucky in the end but the Mark Minney Panthers live to fight another day.

It took you blokes 75 overs of the most boring negative batting i have ever seen in my entire life to get our runs.

Looking at your impressive results today overnight at 8/65 it looks like you should have played your twos. Least they would have shown just a tiny bit of fight and ticker.

Too Easy;391194 said:
It took you blokes 75 overs of the most boring negative batting i have ever seen in my entire life to get our runs.

Looking at your impressive results today overnight at 8/65 it looks like you should have played your twos. Least they would have shown just a tiny bit of fight and ticker.

I think you will find that yes they were playing today and you were sitting on the couch with a finger up ya a***.

Riverside bat there overs nearly everyweek. It might have been 'negative' or 'boring' but they are playing Barclay Shield finals and you were relegated! Seems to me as though Riverside play a better brand of cricket :rolleyes:

Too Easy;391194 said:

Ah no worriers. too easy is obviously Groves.... Why dont u just go back to Money SHield next year and get a wicket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back