DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

could not agree more with ljp86. Sadly, why join because some seem to think they own this site.

They can throw crap but not keen to take it. Maybe with Tongs I hit a nerve (maybe one of the three Eltham bats who has not done much who knows) and CowCorner.... well... can't see the Xmas girl hanging around.

Do know of one ex-pres who asked his players not to post nasty comments but that seems to have been ignored.

This DVCA forum is well worthwhile. Everyone surely wants the comp to be the best around.

Do you know anything about this Centre to Leg?

Tongs, rumor is fact that at the lower last week you needed 2 ask a respected player of ours if I was in fact a shit bloke or not(or something along these lines). Come up and have a drink with me next time and decide for yourself. From my perspective it would be good to meet and have a beer with you, I will even buy it for you.
People are very different to what they may seem they are when they have a keyboard in front of them...
See u at the lower Friday?

Tongs, rumor is fact that at the lower last week you needed 2 ask a respected player of ours if I was in fact a shit bloke or not(or something along these lines). Come up and have a drink with me next time and decide for yourself. From my perspective it would be good to meet and have a beer with you, I will even buy it for you.
People are very different to what they may seem they are when they have a keyboard in front of them...

You would wanna shout Strangler, Tongs wouldn't shout if a shark bit him.

It was in jest and he knows that! I was laughing when i said it. I also followed it up with "tell him to come over and have a beer", and i waited all afternoon. I'm not going to come looking for you like a game of Where's Wally when there is fluff to look at!

And Jim, I am yet to have a beer that was purchased by you. Is it that you are saving your coins to buy an extra hotdog or two?

What are your thoughts on todays game Tongs? For the record I thought you guys started off ok, but once you lost a couple of wickets you lost the ability to work your way through the remainder of your innings. I commented to our guys that you seemed to continually try and score via the air and in most circumstances throw your wickets away. You had an opportunity early in our innings with 2 quick wickets and I thought one young bloke in particular showed a bit, bowling good lines but lack of bowling depth meant you couldn`t carry any momentum. Perfect day for cricket though, hopefully a few more to come!

What are your thoughts on todays game Tongs? For the record I thought you guys started off ok, but once you lost a couple of wickets you lost the ability to work your way through the remainder of your innings. I commented to our guys that you seemed to continually try and score via the air and in most circumstances throw your wickets away. You had an opportunity early in our innings with 2 quick wickets and I thought one young bloke in particular showed a bit, bowling good lines but lack of bowling depth meant you couldn`t carry any momentum. Perfect day for cricket though, hopefully a few more to come!

Pretty good review to be honest. Skips and I started off ok, and I would have liked to have been able to hang around with him a bit longer. Once that happened, there were consistent wickets. Pretty disappointing with how blokes went out, there were only a couple that got genuinely beaten, the rest threw it away. As for the bowlers, purely and simply bowled on the legs too much. Especially with a very modest total. On a ground like that, if you bowl short or on the legs you will be punished. I thought that you scored 50 of the first 55 runs on the legs. Purely because of our lines. But credit to you guys for making the most of it.

Good days cricket, disappointing to lose.

Haha. Yes they do.

I wondered how long this would take to come up today. Thought this would have come up a lot earlier than it has!

me to, I couldn't wait any longer and had to get the ball rolling. Why don't we cut straight to the chase and get the Strangler to talk us through his debut innings? Or even the bloke that batted before him and faired better by 1 run, I think he is a BC regular.

me to, I couldn't wait any longer and had to get the ball rolling. Why don't we cut straight to the chase and get the Strangler to talk us through his debut innings? Or even the bloke that batted before him and faired better by 1 run, I think he is a BC regular.

Pretty sure you have now made reference to N.E of Riverside being on here at least 6 times now! I think we have all worked out your very "subtle" hints!

As for the strangler...... This is the exact reason i suggested that silence may have been the best option before playing a DVCA game. He isn't the first to have a donut next to his name on debut, and probably won't be the last. But talking the talk only leads to big expectations, and the guys on here can be ruthless! So Strangler, what happened? lightening quick inswinger that cut away?

Pretty sure you have now made reference to N.E of Riverside being on here at least 6 times now! I think we have all worked out your very "subtle" hints!

As for the strangler...... This is the exact reason i suggested that silence may have been the best option before playing a DVCA game. He isn't the first to have a donut next to his name on debut, and probably won't be the last. But talking the talk only leads to big expectations, and the guys on here can be ruthless! So Strangler, what happened? lightening quick inswinger that cut away?
Was good tight bowling definatley not lightning quick (hubba may tell it differently) got a nick to first slip and it was all over...
So yeah tail between the legs so far. I still stayed for a few beers after the game though... the guys at plenty were all a good bunch of blokes.

Was good tight bowling definatley not lightning quick (hubba may tell it differently) got a nick to first slip and it was all over...
So yeah tail between the legs so far. I still stayed for a few beers after the game though... the guys at plenty were all a good bunch of blokes.

How many balls, come on, give us a ball by ball description! We all want to hear it!

What a start to the year hey, few results stock standed, plenty win yep, diamo win yep riverside yep all 2 and 2 and research.... what the ? 2 massive wins, are they a threat ? dont know much so who have they got ? any of those blokes that came across any good, they didnt even make finals last year and heard they lost players ? and on the flip side Mernda ??? Maybe in some big trouble ??? need to have a big year from bakes even to keep them in it

Back