DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

What a start to the year hey, few results stock standed, plenty win yep, diamo win yep riverside yep all 2 and 2 and research.... what the ? 2 massive wins, are they a threat ? dont know much so who have they got ? any of those blokes that came across any good, they didnt even make finals last year and heard they lost players ? and on the flip side Mernda ??? Maybe in some big trouble ??? need to have a big year from bakes even to keep them in it

Pretty sure Riverside lost last week mate.

What a start to the year hey, few results stock standed, plenty win yep, diamo win yep riverside yep all 2 and 2 and research.... what the ? 2 massive wins, are they a threat ? dont know much so who have they got ? any of those blokes that came across any good, they didnt even make finals last year and heard they lost players ? and on the flip side Mernda ??? Maybe in some big trouble ??? need to have a big year from bakes even to keep them in it

Research only lost 1 player from last year! Got back Maduranga Soysa, Shannon Malone and Tom Gilmore. More than compensated for the loss! The college boys have slotted in nicely and there is a couple of handy cricketers there who`ll provide plenty as the season goes on.

What are everyone's thoughts on this weekend? Who is in a winning position, who is in trouble and which games will play out a draw?

What are everyone's thoughts on this weekend? Who is in a winning position, who is in trouble and which games will play out a draw?

Apart from Mernda, pretty much everyone who batted first in in a bit of strife! Interesting from the Mernda v Eltham game is a report that even though Skips told Willo numerous times he would have to leave by tea on the second week to go to a wedding, Willo won the toss and decided to bowl. Don`t know if this is fact (perhaps Tongs can confirm), but would seem an interesting decision!

Apart from Mernda, pretty much everyone who batted first in in a bit of strife! Interesting from the Mernda v Eltham game is a report that even though Skips told Willo numerous times he would have to leave by tea on the second week to go to a wedding, Willo won the toss and decided to bowl. Don`t know if this is fact (perhaps Tongs can confirm), but would seem an interesting decision!

That's spot on.

The boys couldn't believe their luck!! Aparently his innings was the best 20-odd Barclay Shield has seen though, just about put Chesto on the roof at one point!

Any improvement this week Strangler?
Are you looking forward to B Grade?
Was good tight bowling definatley not lightning quick (hubba may tell it differently) got a nick to first slip and it was all over...
So yeah tail between the legs so far. I still stayed for a few beers after the game though... the guys at plenty were all a good bunch of blokes.

Its about continual improvement Strangler, just getting better and better each week so that when you hit the finals you'll be peaking.

Not sure why the Pig is playing in the lower grades, but the Strangler could make way for him this week. I think you better start being nice to some of us lower grade hacks that you were sleadging before the season...:)

Good to see you get a couple of wickets on the weekend Centre to Leg, assume you're still bowling those useful leggies. Looks like your mate Whito is set for an 'A' grade return this week, another strong knock as our A grade boys struggle to find form.

is there chance that teams may try to get a result? or are we wasting time once the clouds appear?
do sides seriously think they can win games bowling sides out after tea?

is there chance that teams may try to get a result? or are we wasting time once the clouds appear?
do sides seriously think they can win games bowling sides out after tea?

I think some sides forgot that in order to win, you sometimes have to give the opposition a fraction more than a sniff! My dad always said that in order to get a result, you had to speculate in order to accumulate. Anyway the sides that did get full points have more or less had an outright points result, which could prove handy come the business end!

Its a hard balancing act isn't it? I think most teams felt they could make it into a 1 day situation and the team batting second would have a crack. Team batting first seemed conservative, however they were all in strife day 1, Mernda excepted.

I think some sides forgot that in order to win, you sometimes have to give the opposition a fraction more than a sniff! My dad always said that in order to get a result, you had to speculate in order to accumulate. Anyway the sides that did get full points have more or less had an outright points result, which could prove handy come the business end!

So when the game was up for grabs, you squibbed it at 11? Grouse.

Knee is coming along really well, thanks a lot.

No I did what all good clubman do. I backed my team mates to get us over the line. Unlike the captain at LECC who would rather go for personal glory and play out a boring draw and look good on paper, than to back his mates to bowl the other side out!

No I did what all good clubman do. I backed my team mates to get us over the line. Unlike the captain at LECC who would rather go for personal glory and play out a boring draw and look good on paper, than to back his mates to bowl the other side out!

What was the go with Willo bowling first when he knew skips had other commitments on the second week? Also heard that you guys not only missed cup day training (a given), but also did not train Oaks day either! Is it true that Willo organised training for 1`s and 2`s on the Friday but only 6 guys turned up, therefore cancelled it?

What was the go with Willo bowling first when he knew skips had other commitments on the second week? Also heard that you guys not only missed cup day training (a given), but also did not train Oaks day either! Is it true that Willo organised training for 1`s and 2`s on the Friday but only 6 guys turned up, therefore cancelled it?

Willo Bowling: Massive error, and one in which i think i have heard him say, and own up to at least 50 times. If you look at the scores before the rain of almost every game, it was a good bowling day. Then look at Mernda's scores this year, it all said bowl. Skips was not available after tea yes. Willo rolled the dice and lost. He admits that.

Training: Seriously, some of the made up shit on here is unbelievable. Do half you knob jockey's even belong to your clubs? Or do you just try to pot ECC? If you put half the amount of effort into your own club as what you do giving us crap, you would win 5 flags every year.

We never train cup day, any club that does is stupid. Thursday we had about 4 guys (2 A graders) go to Oaks Day as they do every year. I think people that like the punt are entitled to miss a training session since the miss pretty much the whole carnival on a saturday! As for the Friday night, are you aware that EVERY friday there are about 5-10 blokes from the top two grades training? On top of the tuesday and thursday? They planned on having a hit, but believe no one had a key (may be wrong) but it was in no way shape or form a session for the top grades, nor was willo organising it!

Come on Tongs, you are hardly in a position to bag anyone in A Grade, particularly someone who made his first Barclay Shield century on the weekend. You'd be lucky to have made it past 25 in Barclay Shield wouldn't you? (in about 50 attempts) You say that you always back up ECC but in reality most people only bag ECC as a reaction to some of your rubbish. You need to get a boyfriend or job or something to keep you busy mate, its getting sad, much like ECC in general.

Come on Tongs, you are hardly in a position to bag anyone in A Grade, particularly someone who made his first Barclay Shield century on the weekend. You'd be lucky to have made it past 25 in Barclay Shield wouldn't you? (in about 50 attempts) You say that you always back up ECC but in reality most people only bag ECC as a reaction to some of your rubbish. You need to get a boyfriend or job or something to keep you busy mate, its getting sad, much like ECC in general.

Read my post i didn't bag his ability, he's a very handy player with bat and bowl. Probably the most deadly this year as an all rounder. And i believe he was on Elthams hit list to get a couple of years ago. I was questioning his captaincy (As willo has been the last week) As much as Opener2 would hate me saying this, i heard this story from the weekend.

A senior Lower Eltham player ran out a pair of gloves to the LECC Captain who was batting, and said "If we bat for 3 more overs and declare, they have to get the runs, or we win. If you bat past, we have to get them out" And the reply that came back was "You c***Ts had your chance to bat last week. I'm batting this week". Batted on well past what most would have, and ended in a draw.

As for you hanging it on me, i have said over 100 times on here, I'm not a good cricketer at all. Never once have i said i was, but at least i have enough guts to have my name out there and open for criticism, yet pea hearts like yourself hide behind the keyboard mouthing off. 99% of my posts are defending my club and will continue to do so, until knob jockeys like you stop potting us!

Willo Bowling: Massive error, and one in which i think i have heard him say, and own up to at least 50 times. If you look at the scores before the rain of almost every game, it was a good bowling day. Then look at Mernda's scores this year, it all said bowl. Skips was not available after tea yes. Willo rolled the dice and lost. He admits that.

Training: Seriously, some of the made up shit on here is unbelievable. Do half you knob jockey's even belong to your clubs? Or do you just try to pot ECC? If you put half the amount of effort into your own club as what you do giving us crap, you would win 5 flags every year.

We never train cup day, any club that does is stupid. Thursday we had about 4 guys (2 A graders) go to Oaks Day as they do every year. I think people that like the punt are entitled to miss a training session since the miss pretty much the whole carnival on a saturday! As for the Friday night, are you aware that EVERY friday there are about 5-10 blokes from the top two grades training? On top of the tuesday and thursday? They planned on having a hit, but believe no one had a key (may be wrong) but it was in no way shape or form a session for the top grades, nor was willo organising it!

Fair enough with Willo, he`s a decent bloke so won`t hang him for that! As for the training issue, just relaying comments by an Eltham player who plays in the Two`s.

Back