DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Read my post i didn't bag his ability, he's a very handy player with bat and bowl. Probably the most deadly this year as an all rounder. And i believe he was on Elthams hit list to get a couple of years ago. I was questioning his captaincy (As willo has been the last week) As much as Opener2 would hate me saying this, i heard this story from the weekend.

A senior Lower Eltham player ran out a pair of gloves to the LECC Captain who was batting, and said "If we bat for 3 more overs and declare, they have to get the runs, or we win. If you bat past, we have to get them out" And the reply that came back was "You c***Ts had your chance to bat last week. I'm batting this week". Batted on well past what most would have, and ended in a draw.

As for you hanging it on me, i have said over 100 times on here, I'm not a good cricketer at all. Never once have i said i was, but at least i have enough guts to have my name out there and open for criticism, yet pea hearts like yourself hide behind the keyboard mouthing off. 99% of my posts are defending my club and will continue to do so, until knob jockeys like you stop potting us!

I would have thought he was well within his rights seeing as though the LECC top order collapsed, and they were in big trouble until he pulled them out of it by the looks of the scorecard. LECC actually could have/should have won - Lalor were 5 for 70 odd with many overs still to come.

Anyway - didn't skips carry his bat last year to 145* and cost ECC a win? Selfish?

Not sure it's such a smart move putting your name out over this forum with the rubbish you talk, you really are just embarrassing yourself, and to be honest I would have thought the definition of a knob jockey is a guy who can't bat, can't bowl, probably can't catch or field, who is the biggest mouth in the DVCA. Fair comment?

No I did what all good clubman do. I backed my team mates to get us over the line. Unlike the captain at LECC who would rather go for personal glory and play out a boring draw and look good on paper, than to back his mates to bowl the other side out!

Thats a very stupid comment even from yourself Tongs, being an experienced cricketer yourself you know that sometimes just looking at the scorecard doesn't give the full picture of how the game played out. We probably took 50-60 runs off the last 5-8 overs that they bowled, Lalor where 5/65 with 20 overs left in the day so we were right in the mix at that stage for the six points but they knuckled down and played well for the last 20 overs. Making assumptions about your club without actually being there has really annoyed you over the last year or so on this site so I will give you a chance to retract your previous few statements on this forum.

I would have thought he was well within his rights seeing as though the LECC top order collapsed, and they were in big trouble until he pulled them out of it by the looks of the scorecard. LECC actually could have/should have won - Lalor were 5 for 70 odd with many overs still to come.

Anyway - didn't skips carry his bat last year to 145* and cost ECC a win? Selfish?

Not sure it's such a smart move putting your name out over this forum with the rubbish you talk, you really are just embarrassing yourself, and to be honest I would have thought the definition of a knob jockey is a guy who can't bat, can't bowl, probably can't catch or field, who is the biggest mouth in the DVCA. Fair comment?

Get your facts right. We were chasing when Skips made 127no. Not setting a target as someone else was.

You saving they should have won was exactly my point?

Knob jockey is not defined by that at all. But good try. http://www.slang-dictionary.com/definition/knob-jockey.html

As for you vilos, just trying to make a discussion about something other than ECC for once. Surely you guys are bored of it by now? No wonder this site is dead set rubbish now, its all Eltham bashing with me defending all the time! Retracted comment just because you asked Vilos.

Probably a silly thing to post on a public forum when you didn't hear the alleged conversation.

Nice character assassination there pal.

Yeah. Very strange, particularly as neither club has entered any details. Surely 40+ hours after the result is plenty of time for the result to be entered. Anyone know what the go is there ?

Gents - Bubis hit a six off the last ball for Camrea to win by 1 run / 1 wicket - however 1 scorebook had the game at a tie and the other Camrea winning by one run! after a few heated discussions the books were sent to the DVCA to work out the result.

Gents - Bubis hit a six off the last ball for Camrea to win by 1 run / 1 wicket - however 1 scorebook had the game at a tie and the other Camrea winning by one run! after a few heated discussions the books were sent to the DVCA to work out the result.

It has been confirmed that Camrea got the points.
Macleod had no scorer so 4-5 different people including Camrea players had to score for them.
It should be compulsory at least in Burland Shield that each club must supply a scorer.

Macleod had no scorer so 4-5 different people including Camrea players had to score for them.
It should be compulsory at least in Burland Shield that each club must supply a scorer.

To be really honest, couldn't really give to shltes how many scorers they have in "Burland Shield".

Ahh Johnny Bubis, loves the drama. He would have planned it to have to hit a 6 off the last ball. The old man has not lost the ability to be a match winner.

Snake.. where you there or just reading the crap on the Camrea Website.The scorebook which had the game as a draw was the Camrea book... not Macleods. and a Macleod Person was scoring at the end of the game.

Snake.. where you there or just reading the crap on the Camrea Website.The scorebook which had the game as a draw was the Camrea book... not Macleods. and a Macleod Person was scoring at the end of the game.

I was at the game but not for the whole game. Each club should have their own person scoring and preferably just one person doing it for the whole game. I have just had a look at the Camrea website, which part is crap?

"It is always hard to have accurate books when during the course of the innings there were at least 4 different scorers for Macleod , including one of CTTC own players - the points should be CTCC but we will have to wait for DVCC to check it out"

this part which is blaming the Macleod Book for the wrong score, when in fact it was the Camrea Book which had the one scorer all day which was wrong.
Agreed that it is preferable to have one scorer all day, but sometimes no one is available.

either way the result is correct, and it was a big six and you guys deserved the points

Well, big serg is back only 5 kilos heavier as a result of shitloads of bintang. It's rather cold down here in Melbourne ( only 32 degrees ). Macleod bounced back from last week to defeat the combined by 18 runs. Only one strange thing to report this week. S Waddingham given out for obstruction. Can't say I have ever seen that before. Other than that, an all round great day.

Well, big serg is back only 5 kilos heavier as a result of shitloads of bintang. It's rather cold down here in Melbourne ( only 32 degrees ). Macleod bounced back from last week to defeat the combined by 18 runs. Only one strange thing to report this week. S Waddingham given out for obstruction. Can't say I have ever seen that before. Other than that, an all round great day.

Yes the big fella was not happy but according to the umps and Research boys, was definately a deliberate act to fling his bat at the ball to stop it from hitting the stumps and thus be run out. Obviously the Macleod boys had a different opinion, but at the end of the day they had a good win and for the second game on end Research-Eltham Collegians had a side on the ropes at 4 for 20 odd only to end up on the wrong side of the ledger at games end!

Yes the big fella was not happy but according to the umps and Research boys, was definately a deliberate act to fling his bat at the ball to stop it from hitting the stumps and thus be run out. Obviously the Macleod boys had a different opinion, but at the end of the day they had a good win and for the second game on end Research-Eltham Collegians had a side on the ropes at 4 for 20 odd only to end up on the wrong side of the ledger at games end!
Must say it didn't look too flash, just the fact that the umpire they appealed to didn't give a decision, and the ump at the bowling end end said it was out because he hit the ball twice. I don't think even he knew the exact ruling. You are allowed to get between the fielder and the stumps when making a run, so i don't what the difference is to be honest. In any event, I think the better side won on the day ( even without 4 players unavailable due to a wedding ). I think Soysa was a tad unlucky as well being caught off a full toss which could have been borderline high, and proved the difference in the end in my opinion.

Must say it didn't look too flash, just the fact that the umpire they appealed to didn't give a decision, and the ump at the bowling end end said it was out because he hit the ball twice. I don't think even he knew the exact ruling. You are allowed to get between the fielder and the stumps when making a run, so i don't what the difference is to be honest. In any event, I think the better side won on the day ( even without 4 players unavailable due to a wedding ). I think Soysa was a tad unlucky as well being caught off a full toss which could have been borderline high, and proved the difference in the end in my opinion.

Wasn`t much between the sides on the day, Macleod had some handy types unavailable, Research had 3 the same. I personally think Shannon Malones dismissal was the key, as for Soysa`s, may have been high but should have hit it over the fence anyway. On a different note, whats going on with Bundoora people?

Wasn`t much between the sides on the day, Macleod had some handy types unavailable, Research had 3 the same. I personally think Shannon Malones dismissal was the key, as for Soysa`s, may have been high but should have hit it over the fence anyway. On a different note, whats going on with Bundoora people?

Suffice to say the most bizzare game/innings i've ever been involved in. We were lucky to make 33 after being 7/9!! The bowling was pretty good but nothing to the extent that should have seen a scorecard resemble the way it did.

Not trying to brush it off, but not really sure how to explain what happened..........

Suffice to say the most bizzare game/innings i've ever been involved in. We were lucky to make 33 after being 7/9!! The bowling was pretty good but nothing to the extent that should have seen a scorecard resemble the way it did.

Not trying to brush it off, but not really sure how to explain what happened..........
Just curious, what time was the first beer consumed by the players ?

Back