DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

How come there has been no announcements on the DVCA website or anything like that?

These days used to be big.... no wonder they've gone to the sh1t. Nobody would know when it is on, and where it's being played.

Can you give us that information at all?

Being played at Keon Park/Donath.

Sides to be announced on the Cricket Show on 88.6 Saturday morning, if not before.

How come there has been no announcements on the DVCA website or anything like that?

These days used to be big.... no wonder they've gone to the sh1t. Nobody would know when it is on, and where it's being played.

Can you give us that information at all?

Agree the DVCA seem to have dropped this, and so have Clubs as only 3 clubs nominated players by the deadline, poor result really.

Surely Eltham are gone. They'd have to beat Bundoora and either Epping or Macleod.
I can tell you now, Macleod are really struggling with injuries, and guys overseas etc. They are limping to the end of the season and if Eltham can pull one out of the bag in the next 2 games, makes the final round very significant.

I can tell you now, Macleod are really struggling with injuries, and guys overseas etc. They are limping to the end of the season and if Eltham can pull one out of the bag in the next 2 games, makes the final round very significant.

If this is the case, it is staggering one of your better bats, A.Wood would be playing in the 2's

Can't wait to see Bundoora get Relegated, what happened to such a strong team?
Team to watch out for Riverside, could do some real Damage with Salpigtidis back at the top and Gibbs Firing along with Baker and Wellington causing havoc.
Favorites Plenty......... if rosebrook is back then nothing to really worry about for them premier team !

Team to get Relegated Bundoora.....
Who wants to see Eltham Relegated ? Nobody get on the lets send Bundoora to money shield bandwagon ! Eltham strong chance to beat a struggling Macleod, and one big knock from minney against Bundoora Could send Bundoora to Money :)

Bundoora to Money !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just noticed that the DV webiste was updated at 11:00am today but there is no mention of the scores from yesterdays game. I take it we got beat as i'm tippping the scores would have been up in bright lights by 7pm last night had we won....

I can report back- went down for a gander and spent most of the day there sinkin cans on the far side. Good viewing ground and it looked to be in fair shape.

Jika made 160 odd. Scott from Lalor ended up with 4 wickets, including 3 in an over, so that was a good effort. DVCA boys pretty solid in the field all day.

Batting was a mess. All out for 84. No one really got any, and the boys looked to struggle with the pace of one of the openers in particular.

Not many soft outs, some stiff ones, and never really in the game.

Gotta say- the boys looked pretty disinterested when compared to Jesensek and his boys. Jika boys all dressed up in the same gear, looked a million bucks- DVCA boys were still tryin to find a player with a few minutes to go.

Would even go so far as to say the valley boys werent too fussed going down either. Can't really blame em when looking at how it was run.

I can report back- went down for a gander and spent most of the day there sinkin cans on the far side. Good viewing ground and it looked to be in fair shape.

Jika made 160 odd. Scott from Lalor ended up with 4 wickets, including 3 in an over, so that was a good effort. DVCA boys pretty solid in the field all day.

Batting was a mess. All out for 84. No one really got any, and the boys looked to struggle with the pace of one of the openers in particular.

Not many soft outs, some stiff ones, and never really in the game.

Gotta say- the boys looked pretty disinterested when compared to Jesensek and his boys. Jika boys all dressed up in the same gear, looked a million bucks- DVCA boys were still tryin to find a player with a few minutes to go.

Would even go so far as to say the valley boys werent too fussed going down either. Can't really blame em when looking at how it was run.

Cheers mate

Like the lightning premiership that used to be such a huge event in the Valley, think the days may be numbered for the Senior Rep games......

dont blame players being "disinterested" or "poorly organised" your competition was outplayed in both areas of the game. cop it on the chin and come back next year and try and win back the bragging rights. cheers

dont blame players being "disinterested" or "poorly organised" your competition was outplayed in both areas of the game. cop it on the chin and come back next year and try and win back the bragging rights. cheers

Was not trying to take anything away from the Jika boys. They looked to play some pretty good cricket.

Just saying- while the DV team was a good line up, it was a long way off wat a First XI would be. Wegs from St.Francis plays in Divvy 2. The lack of organisation contributed to that i'd say.

Agree that the DVCA team were outplayed in all aspects of the game . Comp games should eb the best players from each comp playing off against each other.

Best DVCA players missing:

Minney
Gibbs
Berak
Smale
Bubis
McGann
Rosbrook
Salvatore
Adams
Hurst bothers

Im sure I missing a few players but I can name you a team right there that would spank the NMCA team.. So until the DVCA takes these games seriously results like this will not matter. Players need some type of incentive to play it seems these days. Maybe earlier in the season when blokes a trying to get some touch instead of later in the season where blokes don't want to get injured or cant be bothered. What do you guys think?

Driveway, you named a few blokes in there that have only been in the comp a couple of year. Those same guys never played for the Jika side when then played in over there. You will always get guys that are unavailable or just don't want to play when there is no money involved. North Metro had a few guys missing as well. Not saying they are as good as they guys you have named.

It just goes to show who cares for the comp they are playing in and willing to put back in.

Driveway, you named a few blokes in there that have only been in the comp a couple of year. Those same guys never played for the Jika side when then played in over there. You will always get guys that are unavailable or just don't want to play when there is no money involved. North Metro had a few guys missing as well. Not saying they are as good as they guys you have named.

It just goes to show who cares for the comp they are playing in and willing to put back in.

I was only naming DVCA players missing from the top 4 sides in Barclay (ladder positions) who had not 1 player in the team! I really do think the comp game must be organised more professionally and in advance so both competitions have the best chance possible to pick their best sides. Maybe a tournament on turf, get sponsors involved, etc.. By the sounds of it players from the DVCA were picked literally a couple of days in advance.No wonder players either didn't want to play, had plans, work etc...

Just my thoughts guys but I think this years game was poorly organised. "If you build it they will come" analogy works well in this case. So lets hope this is a kick up the bum for DVCA as I and I hope others would like to see the best local talent on the park in these games.

I was only naming DVCA players missing from the top 4 sides in Barclay (ladder positions) who had not 1 player in the team! I really do think the comp game must be organised more professionally and in advance so both competitions have the best chance possible to pick their best sides. Maybe a tournament on turf, get sponsors involved, etc.. By the sounds of it players from the DVCA were picked literally a couple of days in advance.No wonder players either didn't want to play, had plans, work etc...

Just my thoughts guys but I think this years game was poorly organised. "If you build it they will come" analogy works well in this case. So lets hope this is a kick up the bum for DVCA as I and I hope others would like to see the best local talent on the park in these games.

simple no GIBBS no DVCA.

As a player in the DVCA do I care that a representative team lost to another competition? Not at all.
So long as my team keeps winning and pushes for a flag. As long as my clubs best players are available for club games I could care less if they play in the comp games or not.

Team to watch out for Riverside, could do some real Damage with Salpigtidis back at the top and Gibbs Firing along with Baker and Wellington causing havoc.
Favorites Plenty......... if rosebrook is back then nothing to really worry about for them premier team !

Who wants to see Eltham Relegated ? Nobody get on the lets send Bundoora to money shield bandwagon ! Eltham strong chance to beat a struggling Macleod, and one big knock from minney against Bundoora Could send Bundoora to Money :)

Welcome to the chat scene MBB. Have to agree with the premier - Plenty for me. Cant see them getting beaten unless the have an off day.

Relegation - Bundoora - have had a shite year all round. Just been one of those years when things dont go right.
Dont want to raise any excuses but we have lost a number of players out of our starting 1st XI that made finals last year. (Nicholas, Flint, Carland (all ret) Fairchild (oseas), Sing (inj), Mann (oseas), to name a few).
A few of the kids have not come on as well as expected but a few of the older heads have also had an ordinary year.
Hopefully we have a win or 2 in us before the seasons out to stay up.
Could be an interesting last 2 1/2 rounds.

Bund v Eltham (r10)
Elth v Macl (r11) - only of interest if Eltham win r10.

We have a big day planned for day 2 of the Eltham game - Pink Stumps Day in aid of the McGrath foundation.
Will be hosting a ladies luncheon in the rooms from around 12:30pm for those interested.
Hopefully will play in front of a bit of a crowd. (although acknowledge everyone else is also playing that day too)

Welcome to the chat scene MBB. Have to agree with the premier - Plenty for me. Cant see them getting beaten unless the have an off day.

Relegation - Bundoora - have had a shite year all round. Just been one of those years when things dont go right.
Dont want to raise any excuses but we have lost a number of players out of our starting 1st XI that made finals last year. (Nicholas, Flint, Carland (all ret) Fairchild (oseas), Sing (inj), Mann (oseas), to name a few).
A few of the kids have not come on as well as expected but a few of the older heads have also had an ordinary year.
Hopefully we have a win or 2 in us before the seasons out to stay up.
Could be an interesting last 2 1/2 rounds.

Bund v Eltham (r10)
Elth v Macl (r11) - only of interest if Eltham win r10.

We have a big day planned for day 2 of the Eltham game - Pink Stumps Day in aid of the McGrath foundation.
Will be hosting a ladies luncheon in the rooms from around 12:30pm for those interested.
Hopefully will play in front of a bit of a crowd. (although acknowledge everyone else is also playing that day too)

Hey Prez, tasted some of those famous handles down your way on Saturday, still the best handles of draught in the valley.

Hey MBB, the prez is too polite, why dont you go fornicate yourself. Sounds like you're another one of the god botherers from Whatmore Park.

Back