Dvca - Barclay Shield - Season 2011/12

CowCorner

Alright is time to move away from last years thread and the rumours thread.

Here we go Season 2011/12.

Barclay Shield talk only.

"BARCLAY SHIELD" MEANS ALOT FOR LOCAL CRICKET!!!!
STRONGEST LOCAL COMP IN AUS!!!HHHHHAAA
Give me a break! Couldn't beat us!! THE WORST COMP IN AUS!!!
You guy really live in dream land!! do yo blow kisses to each other when you play against one another???
Please! Thank god we didn't mearge!

You guy really live in dream land!! do yo blow kisses to each other when you play against one another???

I'm sure there is some help available from one of the medical professions for your condition. Shall I get an appointment organised for you.

Now for everyone else, back to Barclay.

Maybe we are not travelling that flash at present, but I would hardly be crowing about a comp that has rumoured to only have 8-10 senior umpires for the whole comp this year. What a farce. Must be fun umpiring from both ends in your A grade.
Now piss off!!

Maybe we are not travelling that flash at present, but I would hardly be crowing about a comp that has rumoured to only have 8-10 senior umpires for the whole comp this year. What a farce. Must be fun umpiring from both ends in your A grade.
Now piss off!!

The mark is closer to 30 odd, but I agree, Jikaone needs to piss off and stop talking shit......

Ok stand corrected - Rumoured they have offered up to $200 a week to umpire (info came from current DVCA ump)
Clubs must be happy paying that each week...

From what my club has told me, there is a small rise of around $10.00 per day making it around $120 to $130, I think depends on what grade.... For $200 a day, that would make anyone think twice about umpiring....

Hey Bunny Boiler, any chance you could stop stalking us? You're like that pathetic ex girlfriend who won't go away.

No odds, but here's my ladder prediction.

1. PLENTY
2. RESEARCH
3. RIVERSIDE
4. LOWER ELTHAM
--------------------
5. DIAMOND CREEK
6. MERNDA
7. CAMREA

NEW to go down

That is based on Adam Dale playing. If he does, they'll be hard to beat. He can seriously make a 4 piece ball talk.

1. PLENTY
2. RESEARCH
3. RIVERSIDE
4. LOWER ELTHAM
--------------------
5. DIAMOND CREEK
6. MERNDA
7. CAMREA

NEW to go down

That is based on Adam Dale playing. If he does, they'll be hard to beat. He can seriously make a 4 piece ball talk.

I think the Bulls might be in the mix for top 4, not sure which of those will miss though. Interesting test for Plenty, no Hubbs, Pavey or Lovey

1. PLENTY
2. RESEARCH
3. RIVERSIDE
4. LOWER ELTHAM
--------------------
5. DIAMOND CREEK
6. MERNDA
7. CAMREA

NEW to go down

Agreed if Dale plays Research will be hard to beat.
I think this years BS will be very even. Most sides capable of beating anyone on their day.
Cant see Plenty staying on top but will still be around the four

I am hopeful the Bulls will be thereabouts. Will have IMO the strongest attack in the comp.
Stu Adams now the 4th quickest...
Spider back helps our batting. Just hope the Pom can bat as well :p

For what its worth, my top 6.
1. RESEARCH (only if Dale plays most games - if not, then dont make my top 4)
2. LOWER ELTHAM
3. BUNDOORA
4. PLENTY
5. RIVERSIDE
6. CAMREA

Really is just a guessing game until sides actually start playing.

Tip for relegation - EPPING - (if rumours of losing the Hurst boys & Fletcher are true)

Ladder Prediction

1. Riverside - Solid batting, variety in their bowling except no spinner - will be much stronger assuming Doyle pushes Wellington down to the 2nd's where he belongs, if Salpig plays they are a threat - winning a final still a hurdle they need to get over though.
  2. Research - Will be carried by Dale, Turner and Malone, but they are 3 very solid players and will be hard to beat.
  3. Lower Eltham - If rumours are correct that they have picked up a lightning quick POM from County cricket then that will make a big difference, have probably the best batting line-up on paper and welcome back L.Poyser, also solid fielding team - good all round side without having too many superstars though (Except Burgoyne - just ask him), that might hurt.
  4. Plenty - Will always be competitive due to their nature, bowling will be tested with Rozzy missing games and Salvo injured, batting depth is a worry but Curtain is due to have a huge year and will patrol the covers this year so expect a direct hit run out per game. By Round 4 Lovey and Hubber will be back in the 1sts, and Della will have retired.
  5. Bundoora - Have supposedly picked up 27 former test cricketers so would assume they will be hard to beat, but may take some time to gel, probably need a spinner to replace the wily B.Dean but will be ultra competitive, Fairchild will help and Stuey Adams will need to fire.
  6. Camrea - If MCGann has another big year they will push finals, if not they will push relegation. No batting depth and Dad's army in the field, Bubis going might help though - Volpe will be important.
  7. Diamond Creek - Have lost the 2 Glynn's which leaves a gaping hole, and with Hansen not playing will be tested, but the Creekers have had such a strong 2's side that some of those guys will step up, a sneaky chance for the 4.
  8. Epping - Lost the Hursts, and possibly Topham and Fletcher - so will struggle. Angellucci and Lever are their remaining guns but neither are super consistent so may be a tough year for the Pingers.
  9. Lalor - Lost Keays, Kemp and Volpe - enough said - they are in all sorts. Although rumours of a super quick import if true may worry some opposition openers.
  10. North Eltham - Just a solid side, have added Kelsey which will add experience in the big league, adding Crook neither here nor there really. Will battle to stay up.
  11. Macleod - If the Wise brothers fire they will stay up, if not they won't, simple.
  12. Mernda - At some stage someone in this team under the age of 50 need to do something, it's not going to be Bailey so probably left to the Dean brothers to get the runs, along with Davis, and Baker to continue to dominate. Having said that, Baker will probably take 50 and they'll make the finals!!!

For me, and it is early I reckon we may see a ladder like this:

Top half (in no particular order)

Plenty - Don't care about losses, a good club like that always come through
Lower Eltham - Rumours last years GF team looks a bit stronger, especially with a fit Poyser
Bundoora - Some good returns and pick ups
Riverside - The would love a fit Pig to return after Christmas
Research - Reckon Dale can only do so much but would not be surprised if he runs a muck
Camrea - Defied a few last year, obviously McGann a key

Bottom half (again in no particular order)

Mernda - Baker still has it, will need help though
Diamond Creek - Going to be an interesting season for the Creek, some young guys need to stand up
Lalor Stars - Rumours, if true will keep them safe
North Eltham - After disappearing last time they were up they will do a lot of work to try this time
Macleod - I have no idea how they are travelling at the moment, but I have to put them somewhere
Epping - Without the heart and soul of the Hursts will be an interesting season

As my footy side is not in finals I could not give a rats about the upcoming games, time for cricket season.....cold beers, warm weather and BBQs.

Also its good to see some activity on here (other than some lost, insignificant jika soul, you would think he would 'get it'....oh well) lets keep it going and the banter friendly (even you Bundoora and Riverside people.....:p) although it may be a boring thread without Tongs, oh well may have to head over to the MS thread to see how he is going:D:D

MY LADDER:
1. Riverside
2. Lower Eltham
3. Research
4. Plenty
5. Bundoora
6. Camrea Taipans
7. Diamond Creek
8. Mernda
9. Macleod
10. North Eltham Wanderers
11. Lalor Stars
12. Epping

Ladder Prediction

1. Riverside - Solid batting, variety in their bowling except no spinner - will be much stronger assuming Doyle pushes Wellington down to the 2nd's where he belongs, if Salpig plays they are a threat - winning a final still a hurdle they need to get over though.
  2. Research - Will be carried by Dale, Turner and Malone, but they are 3 very solid players and will be hard to beat.
  3. Lower Eltham - If rumours are correct that they have picked up a lightning quick POM from County cricket then that will make a big difference, have probably the best batting line-up on paper and welcome back L.Poyser, also solid fielding team - good all round side without having too many superstars though (Except Burgoyne - just ask him), that might hurt.
  4. Plenty - Will always be competitive due to their nature, bowling will be tested with Rozzy missing games and Salvo injured, batting depth is a worry but Curtain is due to have a huge year and will patrol the covers this year so expect a direct hit run out per game. By Round 4 Lovey and Hubber will be back in the 1sts, and Della will have retired.
  5. Bundoora - Have supposedly picked up 27 former test cricketers so would assume they will be hard to beat, but may take some time to gel, probably need a spinner to replace the wily B.Dean but will be ultra competitive, Fairchild will help and Stuey Adams will need to fire.
  6. Camrea - If MCGann has another big year they will push finals, if not they will push relegation. No batting depth and Dad's army in the field, Bubis going might help though - Volpe will be important.
  7. Diamond Creek - Have lost the 2 Glynn's which leaves a gaping hole, and with Hansen not playing will be tested, but the Creekers have had such a strong 2's side that some of those guys will step up, a sneaky chance for the 4.
  8. Epping - Lost the Hursts, and possibly Topham and Fletcher - so will struggle. Angellucci and Lever are their remaining guns but neither are super consistent so may be a tough year for the Pingers.
  9. Lalor - Lost Keays, Kemp and Volpe - enough said - they are in all sorts. Although rumours of a super quick import if true may worry some opposition openers.
  10. North Eltham - Just a solid side, have added Kelsey which will add experience in the big league, adding Crook neither here nor there really. Will battle to stay up.
  11. Macleod - If the Wise brothers fire they will stay up, if not they won't, simple.
  12. Mernda - At some stage someone in this team under the age of 50 need to do something, it's not going to be Bailey so probably left to the Dean brothers to get the runs, along with Davis, and Baker to continue to dominate. Having said that, Baker will probably take 50 and they'll make the finals!!!

We have plenty of blokes who can't turn the pill and aren't much good with the bat, wont have any dramas filling my spot.

Good luck to all this season, for what it's worth, i'm tipping Research to be the big improvers with Tim Collins leading the way with the bat, i reckon he's a very underated player.
Best i probably get familiar with the barclay reserve thread from now on, at least i can probably continue trading insults with Tongs on that page:D

North Eltham - Just a solid side, have added Kelsey which will add experience in the big league, adding Crook neither here nor there really. Will battle to stay up.

Word around the traps is that Crook hasn't got a clearance from Lower Plenty yet and may not be playing round 1 if Lower Plenty wants to be spiteful.

Anyone got any reliable info for likely round 1 inclusions? Feel free to PM me if you have anything of note that I can mention for the first radio show this Saturday.

Back