Dvca - Barclay Shield - Season 2011/12

I can also see why people don’t get on here either. I’m not trying to be a smart ass when I say this but a big part would be because of the tone set by blokes like yourself. I honestly would love to get on here and chew the fat properly instead of taking the piss with silly posts. But, anything that is said on this forum is shot down in a heartbeat if it doesn’t fit precisely into the 3 or 4 topics that nobody seems to be permitted to fall outside of without receiving a barrage of condescending comments back.

I watch this forum regularly and it is actually quite funny to watch you blokes crap on. You come across as the absolute power of opinion and dont leave a lot of reason for people to put their remarks forward. I have plenty of great stuff to add but choose to comment in the manner in which i think this forum deserves these days. Perhaps if you took some responsibility and set a more welcoming and non-aggressive tone you would see the interest increase by DV cricket lovers and more people would be willing to share their thoughts and remarks which we could all enjoy.

Congrats on the win, after 9 fa not many, too win....great effort.
sometimes a little bit of belief can go along way, backing it up week in week out is the hard part!

Too Easy, where's the picker now?
i think he will be rocking back and forward in the fetal positon somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!

On a positive note (For RECCC). It was a pleasure watching Shannon Malone's innings against Lower Eltham! 95 off 76 balls and did it with power and great cricket shots. Really has matured as a cricketer and seems to enjoy the game alot more than he used to, no ego either. With cricketers like him and Cal Still who play a natural game, it's pretty good entertainment to get along to on a Saturday arvo!

Congrats on the win, after 9 fa not many, too win....great effort.
sometimes a little bit of belief can go along way, backing it up week in week out is the hard part!

Too Easy, where's the picker now?
i think he will be rocking back and forward in the fetal positon somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good question. The Picker will not too far away I'm sure as he has literally nothing better to do.

I do agree about the week in, week out hard yards, of course. Belief is a powerful thing. Once you've climbed that mountain once it is mentally easier to climb again. Hopefully we can see a few more wins in 11/12 and not have a repeat of last time we visited Barclay.

Very good question. The Picker will not too far away I'm sure as he has literally nothing better to do.

I do agree about the week in, week out hard yards, of course. Belief is a powerful thing. Once you've climbed that mountain once it is mentally easier to climb again. Hopefully we can see a few more wins in 11/12 and not have a repeat of last time we visited Barclay.
Now knackers. Let me first say well done to North Eltham on beating Plenty this week. I hope it's justified them going back to the well for the same old big head's in Collicoat and Duckworth and dropping the kids that are the future. Hey but with player payments in the vicinty of $40K this season you never know, they could have a couple more great last wicket stands and manage to stay up for another year.

Now knackers. Let me first say well done to North Eltham on beating Plenty this week. I hope it's justified them going back to the well for the same old big head's in Collicoat and Duckworth and dropping the kids that are the future. Hey but with player payments in the vicinty of $40K this season you never know, they could have a couple more great last wicket stands and manage to stay up for another year.

I did expect more from you. Not sure why you keep hating a certain few. Duckworth is only 21-22yo and probably the best player in the team on his day, second only to Jack Young from a constancy perspective. Duckworth has stepped aside from keeping at this stage for a younger guy from the two's to get some experience. Jordan is a solid all-rounder and has to earn his spot in the team every week. He made 50 odd in two Round 1 and was picked for the game against the champion team of Plenty calling on his experience as a Club Champion. Jordy will have to keep earning that spot each week going forwards.

Our new, unpaid, opener Crooks batted from start to finish on the back of a 50 odd in Round 1. Aussie Mann, unpaid, cant bat and veteran of 20 years at NEW, put on 40n.o. himself. The club has a modest incentive scheme as does every other club in the DVCA.

We have a few kids making runs in the two's and they will force out underperforming 'old heads'. Kelsey has set a consistent and simple theme throughout the pre-season and is sticking to his word as far as selection goes thus far. Not sure what more you can ask at this stage. The victory against Plenty was an extention of the goals we set in August as a club.

Nah he just wanted to play one last game with his good mate Willo... Then he will back in the 3rds next week...
Reckon he should front up in the 2's!!! All out for 38, and thrown back in.....not much going on in the lower grades at Plenty...or maybe just a bad week for all concerned at the powerhouse....

Reckon he should front up in the 2's!!! All out for 38, and thrown back in.....not much going on in the lower grades at Plenty...or maybe just a bad week for all concerned at the powerhouse....
Plentys lower grades r usually trash. All out for 38 is the 2s, wat a joke. not helped by super dud PremiersAgain who made a blob.

Plentys lower grades r usually trash. All out for 38 is the 2s, wat a joke. not helped by super dud PremiersAgain who made a blob.

Dont you mean BLOB's, as in pair of Blobs? Interesting selection, PA playing as a batsman, may need to take back the gloves to hold his position in the side.

For the record I've given up on taking shots at PA, but a pair was too good to pass up.

Great win by NEW against Plenty. I took great delight in hanging schit on them a few years back, but that was a great win by any measure, well done.

How long have you been playing in the DVCA moron???

4 years ago we had our 3rds, 4ths and 5ths in the grand final. In the last 8 years since our 1's won their first of 6 flags every other grade had won a premiership bar the 5th XI who only played one year.

Still haven't told everyone where you play cockhead??????

J.Love from Plenty should be opening the bowling. I'm sure that Rosy and Salva wouldn't mind an 18 year old kid spearheading their attack.

How long have you been playing in the DVCA moron???

4 years ago we had our 3rds, 4ths and 5ths in the grand final. In the last 8 years since our 1's won their first of 6 flags every other grade had won a premiership bar the 5th XI who only played one year.

Still haven't told everyone where you play cockhead??????
Have always been a top side, think that Anon was looking for a reaction.
Might be a while off more success in the 2's though, especially with blokes like MT in your midst, rumour going around that he told an opposition player he would 'break his jaw' if he didn't f#$@ off......not sure any team / club needs those attitudes.

Back