Dvca - Barclay Shield - Season 2011/12

Anyone got any reliable info for likely round 1 inclusions? Feel free to PM me if you have anything of note that I can mention for the first radio show this Saturday.

Hey Stu err Brutal, we have 2 blokes playing their first game for the club tomorrow, New Captain coach Alex Roberts who hails from England and played with port melbourne last season and youngster and future Northern Footy Leauge superstar Janan Daniel who was originally from Whittlesea and has been playing with Carlton the last few years. We also have Kande Premukumara (Dinesh) back this year. No major outs from last season, although we have a couple unavailable for this week.

Good luck to all this week - except the clappers tomorrow...

My tips -

Bundoora
camrea
lower eltham
north eltham
plenty
research/college v mernda a tie
Good luck to all this week - except the clappers tomorrow...

Ladder Prediction

1. Riverside - Solid batting, variety in their bowling except no spinner - will be much stronger assuming Doyle pushes Wellington down to the 2nd's where he belongs, if Salpig plays they are a threat - winning a final still a hurdle they need to get over though.
  2. Research - Will be carried by Dale, Turner and Malone, but they are 3 very solid players and will be hard to beat.
  3. Lower Eltham - If rumours are correct that they have picked up a lightning quick POM from County cricket then that will make a big difference, have probably the best batting line-up on paper and welcome back L.Poyser, also solid fielding team - good all round side without having too many superstars though (Except Burgoyne - just ask him), that might hurt.
  4. Plenty - Will always be competitive due to their nature, bowling will be tested with Rozzy missing games and Salvo injured, batting depth is a worry but Curtain is due to have a huge year and will patrol the covers this year so expect a direct hit run out per game. By Round 4 Lovey and Hubber will be back in the 1sts, and Della will have retired.
  5. Bundoora - Have supposedly picked up 27 former test cricketers so would assume they will be hard to beat, but may take some time to gel, probably need a spinner to replace the wily B.Dean but will be ultra competitive, Fairchild will help and Stuey Adams will need to fire.
  6. Camrea - If MCGann has another big year they will push finals, if not they will push relegation. No batting depth and Dad's army in the field, Bubis going might help though - Volpe will be important.
  7. Diamond Creek - Have lost the 2 Glynn's which leaves a gaping hole, and with Hansen not playing will be tested, but the Creekers have had such a strong 2's side that some of those guys will step up, a sneaky chance for the 4.
  8. Epping - Lost the Hursts, and possibly Topham and Fletcher - so will struggle. Angellucci and Lever are their remaining guns but neither are super consistent so may be a tough year for the Pingers.
  9. Lalor - Lost Keays, Kemp and Volpe - enough said - they are in all sorts. Although rumours of a super quick import if true may worry some opposition openers.
  10. North Eltham - Just a solid side, have added Kelsey which will add experience in the big league, adding Crook neither here nor there really. Will battle to stay up.
  11. Macleod - If the Wise brothers fire they will stay up, if not they won't, simple.
  12. Mernda - At some stage someone in this team under the age of 50 need to do something, it's not going to be Bailey so probably left to the Dean brothers to get the runs, along with Davis, and Baker to continue to dominate. Having said that, Baker will probably take 50 and they'll make the finals!!!

watch out for a new recuit at mernda! his name is chris smith was a gun batsman and wicket keeper in the mmvca, was made vice captain of the team of the decade in that comp! basically held pascoe vale uniteds batting together for many years, will make alot of runs and take alot of catches in the dvca, we always had trouble getting him out!!!

No idea, but i'd take even money Bakes takes more

Dale 5/22 Bakes 0/29? We were lovin it up on the hill at Search........been waiting 15 years for this:) However, must say Glen Turners batting was probably better and well supported by 16yo Nick Davine with 20no! Good decision by Nick to swap over from the Wanderers!!

watch out for a new recuit at mernda! his name is chris smith was a gun batsman and wicket keeper in the mmvca, was made vice captain of the team of the decade in that comp! basically held pascoe vale uniteds batting together for many years, will make alot of runs and take alot of catches in the dvca, we always had trouble getting him out!!!

Saw him for a short time today:)

Any match reports from yesterday? I was on a Golf Trip and get back and found the scores a little interesting.

Last year in round 1 we had, 3 scores over 200 and a score of 182 chased down

This year we have a 41 and the highest score of 168.

We have Dooma Dale taking a lazy 5 but being over shadowed by ever reliable GT, old man WIllo making a great start for his new club taking 5/4...any other news?

Any known reason for the Diamo v Lower result not being included in the ladder?

When the scores were entered onto Mycricket the match result has been entered as "Match in Progress" so it won't show up on the ladder until it's changed to "Won on 1st Innings". Unless there are other circumstances.

Predictions:

Top 4 in no particular order:

Bundoora
Lower Eltham
Plenty
Research

Just miss finals: Camrea and Riverside

Relegated: Lalor Stars

Medal: Glen Turner to tie with Luke Rosbrook

Batting: Glen Turner

Bowling: Luke Rosbrook or Adam Dale

Thoughts?

NEWCC 9/96. Finished day at 9/180cc. Please tell me that the greatest cricket team to ever play in the history of the DVCA (according to them) couldn't bowl out the worst team to ever play in the history of the DVCA (according to the expert cricket know it all's)? Lovey, Hubber, Pavey and co would be horrified!!

NEWCC 9/96. Finished day at 9/180cc. Please tell me that the greatest cricket team to ever play in the history of the DVCA (according to them) couldn't bowl out the worst team to ever play in the history of the DVCA (according to the expert cricket know it all's)? Lovey, Hubber, Pavey and co would be horrified!!

Mate, instead of getting on here trying to grab smart arse comments, how about talk us through WHO made the runs and how they did it. Talk your guys up.

I reckon anyone against any side would be stoked to put on 90 odd for the last wicket, yes especially against the title holders so talk them up....not the opposition down.

Also I seriously doubt Lovey Paves and Hubber would give a fats rats either, Plenty over the years tend not to get to worried half way through a game or two rounds into a season.

great start to his mernda career by left arm bruce reid style steve thompson 5/47! should of been 6 for but the ump forgot to raise his finger for the blatant caught behind!

Mate, instead of getting on here trying to grab smart arse comments, how about talk us through WHO made the runs and how they did it. Talk your guys up.

I reckon anyone against any side would be stoked to put on 90 odd for the last wicket, yes especially against the title holders so talk them up....not the opposition down.

Also I seriously doubt Lovey Paves and Hubber would give a fats rats either, Plenty over the years tend not to get to worried half way through a game or two rounds into a season.

Mate, thanks for the advice. I will take your expert guidance and commend NEWCC on an all round team performance to knock off the best team seen in the Valley in recent history. Wanderers have copped a lot of crap from blokes like you who consider yourselves the absolute authority on all things cricket. Sure we may not win again, we way rebound to Money again, we may even win a couple more games but hey we will take today and bank it as one of the best wins in our clubs history. Look forward to your innovative and creative reply to this post, brains.​

Mate, thanks for the advice. I will take your expert guidance and commend NEWCC on an all round team performance to knock off the best team seen in the Valley in recent history. Wanderers have copped a lot of crap from blokes like you who consider yourselves the absolute authority on all things cricket. Sure we may not win again, we way rebound to Money again, we may even win a couple more games but hey we will take today and bank it as one of the best wins in our clubs history. Look forward to your innovative and creative reply to this post, brains.​

Whilst some may have had shots at NEWCC, I actually never have so I have no idea why think I have, personally have nothing against NEWCC.....but if your the typical NEWCC person I may change my opinion.

Enjoy the win.

This is supposed to be a forum for DVCA people to catchup and chat about the comp/games. Its gone to shit with pretty much no one on here any more, I can see why people do not get back on.

Whilst some may have had shots at NEWCC, I actually never have so I have no idea why think I have, personally have nothing against NEWCC.....but if your the typical NEWCC person I may change my opinion.

Enjoy the win.

This is supposed to be a forum for DVCA people to catchup and chat about the comp/games. Its gone to shit with pretty much no one on here any more, I can see why people do not get back on.

I can also see why people don’t get on here either. I’m not trying to be a smart ass when I say this but a big part would be because of the tone set by blokes like yourself. I honestly would love to get on here and chew the fat properly instead of taking the piss with silly posts. But, anything that is said on this forum is shot down in a heartbeat if it doesn’t fit precisely into the 3 or 4 topics that nobody seems to be permitted to fall outside of without receiving a barrage of condescending comments back.

I watch this forum regularly and it is actually quite funny to watch you blokes crap on. You come across as the absolute power of opinion and dont leave a lot of reason for people to put their remarks forward. I have plenty of great stuff to add but choose to comment in the manner in which i think this forum deserves these days. Perhaps if you took some responsibility and set a more welcoming and non-aggressive tone you would see the interest increase by DV cricket lovers and more people would be willing to share their thoughts and remarks which we could all enjoy.

Back