DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

five80;343123 said:
Quick question from an outsider - Who has the strongest batting line up in the DVCA?

Look at the Stats, they would probablly tell you. Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham and then Research. From 11 innings Research made 2420 runs with a loss of 88 wkts, bowling is another story?

brutal;343486 said:
Look at the Stats, they would probablly tell you. Lalor Stars, Lower Eltham and then Research. From 11 innings Research made 2420 runs with a loss of 88 wkts, bowling is another story?

Stats can be misleading Brutal. It would be a lot easier batting at Research Pk every second week than it would at any other ground. Research would not make that many if they played at Epping for the majority of the year.

That's what makes Robbie Fletcher's year so good.

CricketBox;343359 said:
Why wouldn't Luke Poyser open himself this year King?

He opened this year he opened all the way up to round 8, then saw a problem with our 5th wicket partnerships throughout the year and put himself at 6. I don't think keeping made it any easier on him to keep opening. I think we have found an opener in Jonny Short, but if Poyz wants to bat at 6, we do need to find one, or we need a keeper so he can open.

CricketBox;343360 said:
With full sides in it would go Lower Eltham, Plenty and then Stars.

i think you have the top 3 right there. just seem's that lower eltham and plenty bat deeper then stars, who can be bowled out quite cheaply.

Our batting line up has lost alot of senior players the last 2 years in Paves, Winnie and with malf retiring this year.

PremiersAgain;338351 said:
do you know what i love about north eltham? for a club that has been so disapointing for so long with the amount of juniors they have every year, they would still be one of the most hated clubs in the dvca by the way the conduct themself on and off the field (like big cricket).

If they come up to Barclay Shield they may or may not survive year one but one thing that will happen is they will learn there is a massive difference between being able to gob off in money shield and get away with it and gobbing off to the big boys in Barclay Shield. I sure it will sort the boys from the men.

Maybe its time to get over the big boys from Barclay mentality, lets face it the last two flags have gone to sides that have come up from Money, and the side that came second this year came up from Money, the gap is rapidly closing, just ask the sides that are getting relegated and haven't been able to get back up. Macleod will be a threat again next year, and who knows North Eltham might surprise a few people.

five80;343123 said:
Quick question from an outsider - Who has the strongest batting line up in the DVCA?

get over it;344710 said:
Maybe its time to get over the big boys from Barclay mentality, lets face it the last two flags have gone to sides that have come up from Money, and the side that came second this year came up from Money, the gap is rapidly closing, just ask the sides that are getting relegated and haven't been able to get back up. Macleod will be a threat again next year, and who knows North Eltham might surprise a few people.

How can Macleod be a threat again, when they didn't really threaten anyone. All they beat were Riverside, Diamond Creek and Lower Plenty. None of these teams really set the world on fire. Get your facts straight before dribbling this garbage.

brutal;343486 said:

Stats can be misleading Brutal. It would be a lot easier batting at Research Pk every second week than it would at any other ground. Research would not make that many if they played at Epping for the majority of the year.

That's what makes Robbie Fletcher's year so good.

get over it;344710 said:

I forgot to add in my last post was that Mernda and Lalor Stars and players who were already established players and champions that have played Barclay Shield. Epping took about 6 to 7 years to win their flag. Macleod don't have one, yet Waddingham made some good scores but a touch inconsistent and I don't see wanderers having one. Don't be mistaken, it is a big step, but Stars and Mernda were well and truly ready to make the jump.

CricketBox;343359 said:
Why wouldn't Luke Poyser open himself this year King?

He opened this year he opened all the way up to round 8, then saw a problem with our 5th wicket partnerships throughout the year and put himself at 6. I don't think keeping made it any easier on him to keep opening. I think we have found an opener in Jonny Short, but if Poyz wants to bat at 6, we do need to find one, or we need a keeper so he can open.

get over it;344710 said:

Who are Macleod threatening? They were still a chance to get relegated with a few rounds to go. And the NEW boys can consdier their 2009/10 season successful if they stay up.

Lets face it Epping were a strong Jika club when they came accross, not a traditional Money club, Mernda recruited two guns over the years, one quite a few years ago and another more recently, and of course Lalors bowling would look a lot more padestrian without a Keaysy who's probably taken more Barclay wickets than most. So lets not get two far ahead of yourself Money boys.

But good luck to NEW next year.

PremiersAgain;338351 said:
do you know what i love about north eltham? for a club that has been so disapointing for so long with the amount of juniors they have every year, they would still be one of the most hated clubs in the dvca by the way the conduct themself on and off the field (like big cricket).

If they come up to Barclay Shield they may or may not survive year one but one thing that will happen is they will learn there is a massive difference between being able to gob off in money shield and get away with it and gobbing off to the big boys in Barclay Shield. I sure it will sort the boys from the men.

Here's a question for debate. Where are Macleod at for the upcoming season? I reckon they were a little lucky to stay up this year and only hung on because LP had such a shocker. Would they be favourite to go down or NEW? Anyone think Macleod are good enough to stay up?

get over it;344710 said:

How can Macleod be a threat again, when they didn't really threaten anyone. All they beat were Riverside, Diamond Creek and Lower Plenty. None of these teams really set the world on fire. Get your facts straight before dribbling this garbage.

five80;345176 said:
Here's a question for debate. Where are Macleod at for the upcoming season? I reckon they were a little lucky to stay up this year and only hung on because LP had such a shocker. Would they be favourite to go down or NEW? Anyone think Macleod are good enough to stay up?
There will be no worries with Macleod staying up this season. Eltham will have to recruit well with the loss of Skips and also a battling bowling line up, but im sure they will be fine. So all the pressure is on NEW you have to remember they only just scraped into the finals in Money this year. Sure they had a good run when it counted, but they will have to be more consistant than that it's a whole new game in Barclay and no game is a gimmie up there.

get over it;344710 said:

I forgot to add in my last post was that Mernda and Lalor Stars and players who were already established players and champions that have played Barclay Shield. Epping took about 6 to 7 years to win their flag. Macleod don't have one, yet Waddingham made some good scores but a touch inconsistent and I don't see wanderers having one. Don't be mistaken, it is a big step, but Stars and Mernda were well and truly ready to make the jump.

The430king;344759 said:

I notice you say I'm dribbling garbage yet you only go after one point I made. The FACTS are the that clubs that have gone thru money shield are starting to dominate Barclay and my point about Macleod was sound they came up and beat a few sides that they werent supposed to and pushed quite a few others, their seconds were also good and they will be in Barclay for quite a while. While at the same time sides that have been relegated are still languishing in the second division, ie Thomastown, Hurstbridge, Monty and Mill Park. NEW may have snuck up but I still reckon they would beat Eltham convincingly.

get over it;344710 said:

Who are Macleod threatening? They were still a chance to get relegated with a few rounds to go. And the NEW boys can consdier their 2009/10 season successful if they stay up.

Lets face it Epping were a strong Jika club when they came accross, not a traditional Money club, Mernda recruited two guns over the years, one quite a few years ago and another more recently, and of course Lalors bowling would look a lot more padestrian without a Keaysy who's probably taken more Barclay wickets than most. So lets not get two far ahead of yourself Money boys.

But good luck to NEW next year.

get over it;345284 said:
I notice you say I'm dribbling garbage yet you only go after one point I made. The FACTS are the that clubs that have gone thru money shield are starting to dominate Barclay and my point about Macleod was sound they came up and beat a few sides that they werent supposed to and pushed quite a few others, their seconds were also good and they will be in Barclay for quite a while. While at the same time sides that have been relegated are still languishing in the second division, ie Thomastown, Hurstbridge, Monty and Mill Park. NEW may have snuck up but I still reckon they would beat Eltham convincingly.

The fact is that both Lalor and Mernda did so well due to recruiting Barclay Shield legends. The depth of both sides, ie. players that have grown up playing Money Shield, is pretty poor.

NEW wouldn't get anywhere near Eltham, and we know how bad their team was last season. It will be interesting to see how NEW go but aside from 2 Mann's the other players will struggle to keep up in the big league. The bowler that took big wickets in the GF will get pasted in Barclay I think.

get over it;345284 said:

If you read my second post you would see another comment about why these money shield sides coming up were able to do well in Barclay. Before you gob off at me, read everything i've written you goose.

five80;345176 said:
There will be no worries with Macleod staying up this season. Eltham will have to recruit well with the loss of Skips and also a battling bowling line up, but im sure they will be fine. So all the pressure is on NEW you have to remember they only just scraped into the finals in Money this year. Sure they had a good run when it counted, but they will have to be more consistant than that it's a whole new game in Barclay and no game is a gimmie up there.

The430king;345450 said:
If you read my second post you would see another comment about why these money shield sides coming up were able to do well in Barclay. Before you gob off at me, read everything i've written you goose.

Again you aren't disproving my point. Why come on here if you are just going to throw lame insults at someone you dont know. I'm right, no if buts or maybes. I have the facts to back it up. Money shield clubs have won the past 2 flags. What can you say? Try to make it worthwhile this time.

The430king;344759 said:

get over it;345473 said:
Again you aren't disproving my point. Why come on here if you are just going to throw lame insults at someone you dont know. I'm right, no if buts or maybes. I have the facts to back it up. Money shield clubs have won the past 2 flags. What can you say? Try to make it worthwhile this time.
Just read his post champ you sound like an idiot.

get over it;345284 said:

The fact is that both Lalor and Mernda did so well due to recruiting Barclay Shield legends. The depth of both sides, ie. players that have grown up playing Money Shield, is pretty poor.

NEW wouldn't get anywhere near Eltham, and we know how bad their team was last season. It will be interesting to see how NEW go but aside from 2 Mann's the other players will struggle to keep up in the big league. The bowler that took big wickets in the GF will get pasted in Barclay I think.

get over it;345473 said:

Here are some other facts:

Mernda only won becasue of Bakes and Chesto, not because they are a club from Money originally.

Epping won it the year before becasue they were the best side in it, not because they have played in Money Shield before.

Do you think coming from Money Shield gives a team some kind of super power?

get over it;345284 said:

CricketBox;345560 said:

Mernda only won becasue of Bakes and Chesto, not because they are a club from Money originally.

Epping won it the year before becasue they were the best side in it, not because they have played in Money Shield before.

Did I say that, dont put your ridiculous statements into my mouth? I said that teams that have come up from Money shield have won the last two flags and other teams are doing well. Are you people that insecure that you need to get this defensive about comments that are nothing but true. Grow up and have a good look at your own competition.

The430king;345450 said:

get over it;345626 said:
Did I say that, dont put your ridiculous statements into my mouth? I said that teams that have come up from Money shield have won the last two flags and other teams are doing well. Are you people that insecure that you need to get this defensive about comments that are nothing but true. Grow up and have a good look at your own competition.
Why not im sure you have put worse yourself.

get over it;345473 said:
Just read his post champ you sound like an idiot.

get over it;345473 said:

Simple fact of the matter is Mernda won because they had recruited 3 proven players in Barclay Shield in Bakes, Chesto and Snowy. Lalor Stars made the granny because of Keaysy, a barclay shield champion, and some very good batting during the year. Epping won the flag, but they came up from Money shield 7 years ago, it did tae them some time to get there. If you think Macleod had a great year last year, you've got your head under a rock. Simple fact is if Money Shield clubs want to stay in barclay for an extended period, they need to recruit players that have been in barclay shield and been succesful, as that's what Mernda and Stars have done. If you have a look at Mernda's team, if they lost there 3 stars, they would struggle as they don't have depth and a Lalor Stars player has told me the same thing.

get over it;345473 said:

The430king;346060 said:
Simple fact of the matter is Mernda won because they had recruited 3 proven players in Barclay Shield in Bakes, Chesto and Snowy. Lalor Stars made the granny because of Keaysy, a barclay shield champion, and some very good batting during the year. Epping won the flag, but they came up from Money shield 7 years ago, it did tae them some time to get there. If you think Macleod had a great year last year, you've got your head under a rock. Simple fact is if Money Shield clubs want to stay in barclay for an extended period, they need to recruit players that have been in barclay shield and been succesful, as that's what Mernda and Stars have done. If you have a look at Mernda's team, if they lost there 3 stars, they would struggle as they don't have depth and a Lalor Stars player has told me the same thing.

is there many teams in any comp that could still be competitive if they lost there star players, good cricket teams and era's i believe are built on making your mid range players better over time as most teams have 3 stars.

CricketBox;345560 said:

one shot;346066 said:
is there many teams in any comp that could still be competitive if they lost there star players, good cricket teams and era's i believe are built on making your mid range players better over time as most teams have 3 stars.

Absolutely correct, and anyway Lalor Stars 2's have played finals for a few years too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back