DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

The430king;286341 said:
Surely Chris Salvatore would have to be a starter, leading wicket taker in the comp and saw him bowl at Mernda, it was the quickest spell from an Lower Eltham bowler since Peter Candy in his prime.
He bowled quicker the week before! He isnt playing due to a prior function he had on.

Opener2;286338 said:
You are on here more than me Brad!

The side as far as I know is;
Gibbs, Poyser, Yarra Glynn, Justin Whitcher, Lovey, Conlan Gunn
Brett Glynn, Micky Hansen, Rosbrook, Baker and possibly Kemp.

Looks like a very strong side, Gibbsy I presume would be skipper?

yeh matey, as far as i know. always a good experience, good for us young fellas to learn from some very good and experienced cricketers.

yeh mate, just posted the team (well what i think the team is) up 4 or 5 posts ago. where were you saturday night? missed a goodun! unless you were there and i was a lil messier than i thought...

The430king;286358 said:
Nah mate, not as messy as you thought I wasn't there. Too cold to leave the house (soft i know) and I will cop on here for it. I heard it was a top night with a lot of messy blokes there. Will be there on Saturday and the poker night the week after to go for back to back titles. I will be the hunted on the night.
hey zeus you are soft! the hunted? you havent been down to play for a while! i expect to see you tomorrow night...

Opener2;286354 said:
yeh mate, just posted the team (well what i think the team is) up 4 or 5 posts ago. where were you saturday night? missed a goodun! unless you were there and i was a lil messier than i thought...

Nah mate, not as messy as you thought I wasn't there. Too cold to leave the house (soft i know) and I will cop on here for it. I heard it was a top night with a lot of messy blokes there. Will be there on Saturday and the poker night the week after to go for back to back titles. I will be the hunted on the night.

Ok, I have one, how about the best composite batsman in the comp.
Drive - Topham
Cut - Love
Pull - Minney
Slog - Keays

Opener2;286338 said:

Looks like a very strong side, Gibbsy I presume would be skipper?

The430king;286358 said:

The hunted? L Burgs has been smashing the games played so far. Think he's got your measure. Between the lot of you keep digger's hands of the prize. Rember there are no sweeter chips.

yeh matey, as far as i know. always a good experience, good for us young fellas to learn from some very good and experienced cricketers.

The430king;286341 said:
Surely Chris Salvatore would have to be a starter, leading wicket taker in the comp and saw him bowl at Mernda, it was the quickest spell from an Lower Eltham bowler since Peter Candy in his prime.
You wouldn't have seen Candles bowl in his prime bid fella.

The430king;286358 said:
hey zeus you are soft! the hunted? you havent been down to play for a while! i expect to see you tomorrow night...

The430king;286346 said:
It all sounds like a great idea in theory, but with 36 over a side comp I don't think they could play, because you would have to play a lot of Sunday cricket, something I don't think the players would be too overly keen on the idea, plus with a lot of grounds out of action, Sunday's sre usually reserved for lower grades and veterans. As for a 20-20 comp, i'm pretty sure they tried to start one up roughly 3 years ago and it never got off the ground. Aren't Diamond Creek already in this years VB 20-20 comp, or is it just a one off game against Banyule next week?

I reckon you could replace G and H grades with a One Day comp, maybe split into 2 grades. End up with the same amount of cricket as now, but with a bit more flexibility.

That diamo games is the VB, I think the premiers of barclay get to decide if they want to play the VB the next year, if not then to runners up and down the ladder till someone is up for it. Everyone trains Tues nights anyway, so if you have a 16 team knock out you're only talking a max of 4 matches through the year if you win it... not too much stress. I'd vote for it!

Ok, I have one, how about the best composite batsman in the comp.
Drive - Topham
Cut - Love
Pull - Minney
Slog - Keays

valleyboy;286392 said:
I reckon you could replace G and H grades with a One Day comp, maybe split into 2 grades. End up with the same amount of cricket as now, but with a bit more flexibility.

That diamo games is the VB, I think the premiers of barclay get to decide if they want to play the VB the next year, if not then to runners up and down the ladder till someone is up for it. Everyone trains Tues nights anyway, so if you have a 16 team knock out you're only talking a max of 4 matches through the year if you win it... not too much stress. I'd vote for it!

the competition is done by regions and the association decides which club goes through to the final.
or so i am told.

The430king;286358 said:

The hunted? L Burgs has been smashing the games played so far. Think he's got your measure. Between the lot of you keep digger's hands of the prize. Rember there are no sweeter chips.

The430king;286358 said:

I didn't know that we where bringing our shotguns down and going Big Game hunting?

Are we letting the beast out into the parklands of Eltham and the first one to bring back the 150kg Bear is the winner!!!

The430king;286341 said:
You wouldn't have seen Candles bowl in his prime bid fella.

Vilos;286690 said:

[/U]

I didn't know that we where bringing our shotguns down and going Big Game hunting?

Are we letting the beast out into the parklands of Eltham and the first one to bring back the 150kg Bear is the winner!!!

Bear??? Hippo maybe?

The430king;286346 said:
It all sounds like a great idea in theory, but with 36 over a side comp I don't think they could play, because you would have to play a lot of Sunday cricket, something I don't think the players would be too overly keen on the idea, plus with a lot of grounds out of action, Sunday's sre usually reserved for lower grades and veterans. As for a 20-20 comp, i'm pretty sure they tried to start one up roughly 3 years ago and it never got off the ground. Aren't Diamond Creek already in this years VB 20-20 comp, or is it just a one off game against Banyule next week?

valleyboy;286392 said:

the competition is done by regions and the association decides which club goes through to the final.
or so i am told.

The430king;286358 said:

Hunted? I guess your tells are tough to pick, TG. I remember a hand once when me and you went head to head, you started trembling and looking right past me, so I thought "Hang on, he's got a good hand here". Then I realised that someone had just put on a fresh batch of dim sims on the bar and you were eyeing them off!!

The430king;286358 said:

Otis;286890 said:
Hunted? I guess your tells are tough to pick, TG. I remember a hand once when me and you went head to head, you started trembling and looking right past me, so I thought "Hang on, he's got a good hand here". Then I realised that someone had just put on a fresh batch of dim sims on the bar and you were eyeing them off!!

From performances this year who are we think is going up and down
I reckon Eltham down and St Francis up.

Vilos;286690 said:

[/U]

Bear??? Hippo maybe?

Opener2;286338 said:

Epping has been one of the best two teams for the past 3 years, are right up there again this year and DVCA can't find a spot for any of their players .... Team looks strong but surely a Hurst, Topham, Lever, McTaggart or Angelucci could easily fit into the mix.

Thumbs up;286379 said:

Remember there thumbs up, i've only played one game down there this year. When it comes to the big games down there my record speaks for itself. A 1st and a 2nd from 3 starts. Burgs is still having nightmares about me taking him out last year. The only reason he has been successful is that he takes so long to make a decision, puts everyone to sleep, makes a call and with it being 3am, everyone wants to go home and hands him the win. As for Otis talking about the dim sims, I reckon you swallowed the cat those dim sims have come from seeing you lately. Vilos, you say your the T.M.A.T.B.H, pal fresh air could knock you and i'm not the one applying horse cream on my body pal.

The430king;286358 said:

The430king;287036 said:
Remember there thumbs up, i've only played one game down there this year. When it comes to the big games down there my record speaks for itself. A 1st and a 2nd from 3 starts. Burgs is still having nightmares about me taking him out last year. The only reason he has been successful is that he takes so long to make a decision, puts everyone to sleep, makes a call and with it being 3am, everyone wants to go home and hands him the win. As for Otis talking about the dim sims, I reckon you swallowed the cat those dim sims have come from seeing you lately. Vilos, you say your the T.M.A.T.B.H, pal fresh air could knock you and i'm not the one applying horse cream on my body pal.

What dribble, how about we stick to cricket on this thread and make a social crap thread ?

Just don't wanna see this get jammed with irrelevant tripe from hack poker players and hass beens :D:D:D

Otis;286890 said:

From performances this year who are we think is going up and down
I reckon Eltham down and St Francis up.

CowCorner;287049 said:
What dribble, how about we stick to cricket on this thread and make a social crap thread ?

Just don't wanna see this get jammed with irrelevant tripe from hack poker players and hass beens :D:D:D

Agree and iwasn't a has been, I was a never was.

Anyhow my thoughts of this round are
Lower Eltham v Lower Plenty. LE to win, batting will be too strong, but they will worried as Arnberger is yet to fire and is well overdue.
Epping v Plenty. Could be a grand final preview. Who knows. Epping just.
Macleod v Eltham. Macleod, Waddingham & co to feast on Eltham's moderate attack.
Lalor Stars v Diamond Creek. Both teams are desperate for a win. Another toss of a coin, Creek.
Bundoora v Riverside. Traditional rivals who always lift against each other. Riverside will be confident after there batting last week, but Bundoora will be too strong at home.
Mernda v Research. Mernda with their top order back this week, will be way too good.

Opener2;286338 said:

Epping has been one of the best two teams for the past 3 years, are right up there again this year and DVCA can't find a spot for any of their players .... Team looks strong but surely a Hurst, Topham, Lever, McTaggart or Angelucci could easily fit into the mix.

snowman007;286975 said:

I think you will find a few of the epping blokes were asked to play however they were encouraged not to play by their club.

The offical team is"
Gibbs
Love
Poyser
Glynn
Glynn
Whitcher
Baker
Hansen
Rosbrook
Adams
Connolly
Gunn

Thumbs up;286379 said:

PremiersAgain;287206 said:
I think you will find a few of the epping blokes were asked to play however they were encouraged not to play by their club.

The offical team is"
Gibbs
Love
Poyser
Glynn
Glynn
Whitcher
Baker
Hansen
Rosbrook
Adams
Connolly
Gunn
Hanson??????????????????????????? I just worked out why, it's that side kick that tags along to watch him play cricket every game. That has to be the reason.

The430king;287036 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back