DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

I`ll throw up a few Research boys.

Tom Macdonald 5000+ runs at average 40+, 350+wkts @16
John Vine same stats a above, arguably best off spinner to have played i the Valley.
Rod Gurney 50+ wkt in a season as a Leg Spinner.

All the above, comp medalists.

ADam McGinty, Glen Turner.

Opposition players. Could not go past Brett Glynn for longevity and consistency with both bat and ball. Mark Minney without doubt (Mr Cricket of the Valley at the moment) and of more recent times, Scott Gibbs, the ton he made in the comp game v Heidelberg last season show a player full of class.

how about the best junior player you have seen?, guys running round like tom gilmore and mitch johnson are guns, but what about in the past?

creekers08/09;280843 said:
how about the best junior player you have seen?, guys running round like tom gilmore and mitch johnson are guns, but what about in the past?

Michael Hill no doubt

Lloyd Mash another to have gone on to play for Victoria

THE ICEMAN;280185 said:
Ben Luker dosn't have enough care about his cricket, sure he could be a good player if he applied himself. But to list him as one of the blokes you have the utmost respect for, please give me a break.

How could you desert your team mates in the finals. Also hid in 'C' grade for to many seasons when clearly has the ability to play higher, but maybe not the ticker. I know you are expressing a personal opinion, I've played against him 4 or 5 times and dont rate him.

Also lets not forget Mark Maxwell, 6,000 runs, average of 45, got big scores against the best, Fox, Corky, Keaysy, Candels. 145n.o against Plenty in a GF (with the Fox bowling well) will be remembered for a long time by those who were there. Great club man also, comes back after three years out of the game to chop out a struggling 'A' grade on the way to relegation and gets 85 first up against Riverside. Fair to say I'm a big fan.

played against a guy tom crowley from macleod, made a heap of runs in 16s pretty much without going out all year...

LegB4;280857 said:
Michael Hill no doubt

Anyone who plays for Victoria at age 20, and can score in the top-10 runs at the Under 19 World Cup (including the tournament's highest score) has my vote as best junior... even though I've never seen him play. LoL

Could he be the first (?) D.V.C.A Test Cricketer?

bigcricket007;281075 said:
Anyone who plays for Victoria at age 20, and can score in the top-10 runs at the Under 19 World Cup (including the tournament's highest score) has my vote as best junior... even though I've never seen him play. LoL

Could he be the first (?) D.V.C.A Test Cricketer?

Adam Dale played 2 tests (6 wickets @ 31.16, BB 3/71).

Don't know of any others, they're all from flaming NSW these days so it might be difficult...

Bubble Wrap;281094 said:
Adam Dale played 2 tests (6 wickets @ 31.16, BB 3/71).

Don't know of any others, they're all from flaming NSW these days so it might be difficult...

Ahh yeah, I forgot about Adam Dale... he was stiff not to have played more Test cricket I reckon. Just another one of those unlucky blokes who were born in the wrong country, at the wrong time. 245 First Class wickets @ 20.75 is a bloody decent effort.

If Australia had an 'A' and 'B' side going around in the mid-1990s, and early-2000s, they would of been #2, and #3 in the Test rankings.

if we can name players who are not in shield this year,
dave gilbert from diamond creek is one of the best seam bowlers ive seen.
could be playing 2's but his son is in the 3's so there he remains.

has played a high level of cricket and it shines through when you see him bowl.

I’ll throw in Fox Barnett (possibly the best quick to have played DV), Snoz Mash (possibly the best spinner to have played DV) and Mark Maxwell, absolute gun bat.

the_interloper;282341 said:
I’ll throw in Fox Barnett (possibly the best quick to have played DV), Snoz Mash (possibly the best spinner to have played DV) and Mark Maxwell, absolute gun bat.

yer foxy was apparently one of the quickest in the dvca...his son isnt bad either...scott barnett

best bowling i faced was in money shield, paul baker we made 139 he took 8/20. best batting was in money reserve we bowled yarrambat out for around 280 odd ron mckeown made 201* and didnt give 1 chance or didnt play and miss all day.

went to school with Lloyd Mash, prob the best junior i saw, didnt really see Mick Hill but the team i coached all played footy with him and went to school with him and all of them said he was a gun.

rusty81;282349 said:
yer foxy was apparently one of the quickest in the dvca...his son isnt bad either...scott barnett

From what I understand (and witnessed in recent years as he played down the grades and 20 years passed his best) its more about what he did with the ball than the pace, although he still let it go at a pair pace.

surely you would have played against him vaughan you were up in our rooms from a grand final back in about 92

Few names of young guns that have gone on to play at a high level..

Mick Hill
Grant Baldwin
Stefan Berak
Andrew Sturgess
Jarrod Carlson

Plenty more where that came from....

bat11dontbowl;283401 said:
surely you would have played against him vaughan you were up in our rooms from a grand final back in about 92

don't think VaughAn quite made it to A grade unless he was filling in

101no;283460 said:
don't think VaughAn quite made it to A grade unless he was filling in

At risk of taking the bait to quickly, I never played 'A' grade at my beloved Bundoora, a very strong club and a hard team (B grade also) to break into from the early 80's to our last premiership win against Plenty earlier this decade. Probably could have pulled a few strings when I was president, but that would have been hollow.

Fox has ran around in 'B & C' grade over the last 10 years, played him round 11, three seasons ago, still doing heaps.

good to see a few people recognise me, its so much easier when you declare who you are.

i remember u or someone coming into wg's rooms and looking the prem score cards and claiming that that the no. 10 got the biggest edge ever and we beat u bloke 8 down in that gf.

Back