DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

valleyboy;281040 said:
played against a guy tom crowley from macleod, made a heap of runs in 16s pretty much without going out all year...

there was one player in our juniors called Ty O'Sullivan. back when he played (around 1980's) the under 12's didnt retire at 50, they kept going.

Ty had the clubs highest individual score for many years (180*)!!
It was broken recently but still, to make 180 not out in under 12's is a super effort.

unfortunately after that season he left the club and noone ever saw him again.

The best ive ever seen goes by the name of Al Mann, he is my clubs icon.
He is captain of the 1st XI and has the respect of every body.

no good at cricket;286172 said:
the best ive ever seen goes by the name of al mann, he is my clubs icon.
He is captain of the 1st xi and has the respect of every body.

wooo

NEWCC (L);285796 said:
there was one player in our juniors called Ty O'Sullivan. back when he played (around 1980's) the under 12's didnt retire at 50, they kept going.

Ty had the clubs highest individual score for many years (180*)!!
It was broken recently but still, to make 180 not out in under 12's is a super effort.

unfortunately after that season he left the club and noone ever saw him again.
He seen the light champ and headed off to greener pastures, of the mighty Lower.

THE ICEMAN;286554 said:
He seen the light champ and headed off to greener pastures, of the mighty Lower.

oh really? is this true?
is he still at lower, what grade is he playing?

100% BULL;283594 said:
At risk of taking the bait to quickly, I never played 'A' grade at my beloved Bundoora, a very strong club and a hard team (B grade also) to break into from the early 80's to our last premiership win against Plenty earlier this decade. Probably could have pulled a few strings when I was president, but that would have been hollow.

Fox has ran around in 'B & C' grade over the last 10 years, played him round 11, three seasons ago, still doing heaps.

good to see a few people recognise me, its so much easier when you declare who you are.
heard a few stories about 'the fox' from my old man. A former bundoora player himself.

NEWCC (L);286649 said:
oh really? is this true?
is he still at lower, what grade is he playing?
Nah mate never made it out of juniors, just surfs these days. But he could play cricket and was even better on the footy field.

THE ICEMAN;286758 said:
Nah mate never made it out of juniors, just surfs these days. But he could play cricket and was even better on the footy field.

fair enough, are you mates with him or something?

NEWCC (L);286760 said:
fair enough, are you mates with him or something?
Keep an eye for his younger brother Tre. An absolute GUN soccor player. He trains with Liverpools development squad. Talent runs in the family.

as a tiny kid before i even started playing under 12s i remember being in awe watching jamie dyson hit out down at yulong. also brad powell was an amazing cricketer for bundoora.

No Good at cricket;290650 said:
Best batsmen i have seen would be Jamie Weaver :D LOL
I wish i was as good as him making ducks in H-grade, so jealous;D

U must be a hero. Pickin' on a bloke playin H Grade. When they delivering your baggy green cap superstar?

LegB4;290884 said:
U must be a hero. Pickin' on a bloke playin H Grade. When they delivering your baggy green cap superstar?

Your too right mate, at least there having a go and he's probably not even the worst batsmen, that title would most likely go to me (however a duckless season so far suggest's otherwise)

If you knew Jamie Weaver then you would agree. He is 17 and is his first year out of Juniors. Had last year off because he did ligament damage in his shoulder from bowling ?????? (Very true, still wondering how he did it). Still it's an inside joke at NEW

mid wicket;289182 said:
as a tiny kid before i even started playing under 12s i remember being in awe watching jamie dyson hit out down at yulong. also brad powell was an amazing cricketer for bundoora.

Jamie Dyson? Played against him plenty of times just like me average b grade cricketer at best. Hates a beer though.

Back