DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

creekers08/09;280843 said:
how about the best junior player you have seen?, guys running round like tom gilmore and mitch johnson are guns, but what about in the past?

Phil Deveny in 16s. 900+ runs, and if I remember correctly, close to 40 wickets in the 1 season.
Also played against Wunhym and Powell in the 14s, the day they made 4/442. Wunhym 242, Powell 126 from memory.
Longest junior day I EVER had...

bat11dontbowl;282422 said:
best bowling i faced was in money shield, paul baker we made 139 he took 8/20. best batting was in money reserve we bowled yarrambat out for around 280 odd ron mckeown made 201* and didnt give 1 chance or didnt play and miss all day.

went to school with Lloyd Mash, prob the best junior i saw, didnt really see Mick Hill but the team i coached all played footy with him and went to school with him and all of them said he was a gun.

need to correct 1 thing here, and it's nothing against Ronnie, but his brother in-law dropped him PRE 100 ! OUCH !

another_ton;291833 said:
Jamie Dyson? Played against him plenty of times just like me average b grade cricketer at best. Hates a beer though.

i wouldnt call jamie an "average" cricketer with the 5th highest runs for bundoora (6359 runs in 255 games) including knocks of 152 and 139 in b grade.

beenaround;292617 said:
Phil Deveny in 16s. 900+ runs, and if I remember correctly, close to 40 wickets in the 1 season.
Also played against Wunhym and Powell in the 14s, the day they made 4/442. Wunhym 242, Powell 126 from memory.
Longest junior day I EVER had...

dont forget

Lester made 6

it wasnt powelly either...
Flinders 252
Gav Walsh 120

legend of a bear;293114 said:
dont forget

Lester made 6

it wasnt powelly either...
Flinders 252
Gav Walsh 120

Sorry Bear.
As you can understand, it was quite a while back, and the memory is not that flash (beer bad)...
Do you know if Bundoora still have a copy of that score card ?

beenaround;292620 said:
need to correct 1 thing here, and it's nothing against Ronnie, but his brother in-law dropped him PRE 100 ! OUCH !

couldnt have been against us no one at wattle was related to him

bat11dontbowl;293943 said:
couldnt have been against us no one at wattle was related to him

Ronnie only has one double century to his name, and that was against Lalor Stars, and the rest of the score sounds correct for that game.
Is it possible that Ronnie made a "cusual" 180 odd against you guys ???
He has a few of them...

beenaround;293946 said:
Ronnie only has one double century to his name, and that was against Lalor Stars, and the rest of the score sounds correct for that game.
Is it possible that Ronnie made a "cusual" 180 odd against you guys ???
He has a few of them...

yeah posibly i seem to remember a 200 for some reason

beenaround;293181 said:
Sorry Bear.
As you can understand, it was quite a while back, and the memory is not that flash (beer bad)...
Do you know if Bundoora still have a copy of that score card ?

yes i believe it is hanging somewhere in our clubrooms :)

Maybe we are forgetting the riverside veterians team, a compiled team of some of the greats of the valley. Maxwell, Phil Money, Rus Grub, Morgan, Chris Callanan. Not to mension some of the younger blokes, Mark Doyle, Alafraco, St.Doyle (sick boy)

beenaround;296438 said:
any chance you could check it out and let me know ???

there was an old black & white photo of the two, stating the scores they made, but i'm pretty sure there is no score card.
Not sure if it's still there, since we've got the new rooms the wall space is filled by massive photos of Keaysy & Tool everywhere you look:D

i'll have a look and let you know.

Bundoora;297304 said:
there was an old black & white photo of the two, stating the scores they made, but i'm pretty sure there is no score card.
Not sure if it's still there, since we've got the new rooms the wall space is filled by massive photos of Keaysy & Tool everywhere you look:D

i'll have a look and let you know.

thanks mate, greatly appriciated ;)

NEWCC (L);285796 said:
there was one player in our juniors called Ty O'Sullivan. back when he played (around 1980's) the under 12's didnt retire at 50, they kept going.

Ty had the clubs highest individual score for many years (180*)!!
It was broken recently but still, to make 180 not out in under 12's is a super effort.

unfortunately after that season he left the club and noone ever saw him again.
Wayne Wunhym scored 240 n.o. in our 12's in one hit.

He went on to play district 1's at Collingwood.
Now coach at Monty

bundy boy;299757 said:
john quinn best cricketer in dvca

i believe you should be talking about him in the best fielder thread, as he has the safest hands ever and doesnt let anything past his huge, meaty body hahahaha :p:p:p

Tongs;280158 said:
We have all seen some very good cricketers come through "The Valley" over the years. Some have been around for years, some come and go. But who were you in awe with, watching their class.

I, like a lot of players have come up through the grades, so this thread is NOT about just A Grade cricketer's! This is also for those little known middle and lower grade players.

I'll throw up some of the names of guys that I have the utmost respect for:

My Club
* Mark Minney (A Grade Eltham) Perfect Crickter
* John Bubis (A Grade Eltham) Freak
* Geoff Thompson (A-E Grade) Run Machine, Wicket taker
* Ben Luker (B-C Grade) One of the leading Wicket takers at Eltham

Others
* Topham (A Grade Epping) Never seen a bloke hit the ball so hard

* Pavey (A grade Plenty) Class

* Chris Callanan ( I played against him in C Grade, Riverside) Screwed me every time!

* Attimaca (A bloke from Lalor Stars can't remember his name C Grade) Very Handy, strong competitor

Doing well coaching the Camrea Taipans in the NMCA.

Back