DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Re: DVCA Best Bat/Bowler you have seen?

Adam Dale (Research) 3000 + runs (ave 33.00) 300 + wkts (ave 8.00) all before he was 16. Back in the good old days when kids could bowl 25 on the trot!

brutal;326471 said:
Adam Dale (Research) 3000 + runs (ave 33.00) 300 + wkts (ave 8.00) all before he was 16. Back in the good old days when kids could bowl 25 on the trot!

brutal, not sure how good your memory is, i was only 8 and watching my brother play but i reckon that U/16 season there was Adam Dale, Terry Keays & Steven Seidie all playing, Would have been a few nightmares the night before if you were an opening bat!!

best junior player to come out DVCA would have to be Adam Dale ( australia rep )

but early 2000's players like Michael Hill, Stefan Berak, Grant Baldwin, Shannon Malone, would have been tiers ahead of junior players coming through now. runs wise, rep wise and skills wise.

did anyone play against these guys? or with them?

Falcon114;326928 said:
best junior player to come out DVCA would have to be Adam Dale ( australia rep )

but early 2000's players like Michael Hill, Stefan Berak, Grant Baldwin, Shannon Malone, would have been tiers ahead of junior players coming through now. runs wise, rep wise and skills wise.

did anyone play against these guys? or with them?

Funnily enough was lucky to play with or against all those names mentioned above.
Have to comment on the likes of Hilly,Berak an Baldy, very talented batsmen and went on to take there cricket to a higher level, playing against Malone more as a bowler/allrounder. Has loads of skill!

Can also throw the name of James Atkins and Brad Fairchild into the discussion, dominated juniors... Just didnt take it as far as the names above!

Yeah how bout this first year senior, Jamie Weaver wata gun he can bowl some smoke. I reckon he;s going places with his cricket. Also a handy lower order batsman with a awesome cover drive... Thoughts?????

Powerbow5000;327431 said:
Yeah how bout this first year senior, Jamie Weaver wata gun he can bowl some smoke. I reckon he;s going places with his cricket. Also a handy lower order batsman with a awesome cover drive... Thoughts?????

I hope you are joking ?????

come on Mate u know as well as i that he is a good cricketer he's just had a couple of set backs eg his shoulder injuries. He is an up and coming player in the dvca.

Powerbow5000;327599 said:
come on Mate u know as well as i that he is a good cricketer he's just had a couple of set backs eg his shoulder injuries. He is an up and coming player in the dvca.
Ye Jamie Weaver probably goes under the worst cricketer in the DVCA and probably joins a bloke called Peter Curl bats alright, cant field tho and cant bowl.

Wattle Glenn 2010;327614 said:
Ye Jamie Weaver probably goes under the worst cricketer in the DVCA and probably joins a bloke called Peter Curl bats alright, cant field tho and cant bowl.

Lol, as Digler and his dogs regularly point out

Wattle Glenn 2010;327614 said:

He did get the wicket of a former Money Shield batting average champion today in H Grade.:p

I liked his tenacity in umpiring at point rather than square leg though.

FieldingAllrounder;328134 said:
He did get the wicket of a former Money Shield batting average champion today in H Grade.:p

I liked his tenacity in umpiring at point rather than square leg though.
Hahahahaa
he's a real character Weaver.

I hope you were one of the guys that slapped P.McLaughlin for runs today...

NEWCC (L);328143 said:
Hahahahaa
he's a real character Weaver.

I hope you were one of the guys that slapped P.McLaughlin for runs today...

afraid not, was only in there for 9.3 overs so only got to face the openers... :D

all this talk of J. Weaver has got all you guys forgetting his younger, more talented brother K. Weaver.
as ive stated, Weaver Jnr is a quality left ahnd bat capable of stabilising an innings, and scoring quick runs when necessary. solid technique and enough power to back it up. dela smostly in boundaries. doesnt quite bowl the speed of his brother, but boy when he lands it on the spot he does do damage.
also a couple years ago when i was coming back from injury in H grade, played a young bloke by the name of Dwayne Fowles. bowled a bit like my picture but right arm. hope the young lad is still getting a game. persistence is the key for spinners who dont land it on the pitch.

Just out of curiosity who are the 5 fastest bowlers in the comp atm. I am not necesarily talking about best as in line and length, just pure speed wise.

Last edited:
Best Bats I've seen:

Anthony Corcoran
Mark Minney
Grant Jordan
Mark Maxwell
Mark Johnson
Justin Whitcher
John Bubis
Scott Gibbs
Glenn Turner
Wayne Glynn
Shane Topham
Tom McLean
Elliot Smale
Graham Pavey
Justin Elliot
Wayne Wunhym
David Love
Russell Grubb
Rick Davies
Sean Pendlebury
Callum Still
Shannon Malone

(May have missed a few)

Best Bowlers I've seen:

Anthony Corcoran
Fox Barnett
Terry Keays
Steve Waterson
Mick Newell
Brett Glynn
Peter Candy
Steve Gleeson
Paul Hubber
Mick Lewis
Grant Turnbull
Adam McGinty
Adam Dale
Ian Chesterton
Rob Hunt
Callum Still
Mark Peterson
Scott Gibbs
Stuart Biddle
Jason Sutcliff
Corey Hurst
Andrew Caithness
Brent O'Conner
Luke Rosbrook
Logan Gilgour
Paul Baker
Jarrod Curtis
Brett Grant
Tim Wise
Bill Lewis
Chris Salvatore
John Bailey
Glenn Turner

Again no doubt I may have missed some great bowlers.

Best Keepers:

Ian Kent
Matthew Fleming
Sean Pendlebury
John Bubis
Darren Cope
Glenn Turner
Tom McLean

Back