Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

I think it's very close at the moment. In general NE should be favourites with runs on the board. Peterson and Laughlin are the big wickets. Lose 1 early and it starts getting tough. Lose them both and its panic stations. If North Eltham bowl a good tight first session as the batsmen get their eyes in, the game could be out of reach before they know it.

Could be the B grade curse.........no 1st XI side has won the B grade flag after being relegated, Whittlesea lost GF, Hurstbridge lost GF, Mill Park????
Been told Wanderer's are happy to go up to Money if they win, where would that leave Mill Park considering they have been so dominant this year?
Mill Park don't play the style of cricket thats going to get them a flag. All out attack with the bat might rattle some of the lower sides during the year but not in the big dance. Yes McLaughlin can bat, but Culpin? He may have bullied some sides but 1 over of yorkers will see the back of him. NEW to do it easy from here. With relegation/promotion there should be no if but or maybes. The rule is what it is a club can't turn around and say they don't want to be relegated nor should a side be able to turn around and say they aren't going up. For Bundoora to do that last year was weak as p155.

Talking about B grade in a C grade and below thread. Hmm, interesting.
Hey brian - build a bridge and get over it.
B Grade grand final is a lot more interesting than any other grade .
Are you really bothered by the fact that it appeared in this section given the fact that that i didnt want to start an entire new thread ? Grow up little fella.

Mill Park don't play the style of cricket thats going to get them a flag. All out attack with the bat might rattle some of the lower sides during the year but not in the big dance. Yes McLaughlin can bat, but Culpin? He may have bullied some sides but 1 over of yorkers will see the back of him. NEW to do it easy from here. With relegation/promotion there should be no if but or maybes. The rule is what it is a club can't turn around and say they don't want to be relegated nor should a side be able to turn around and say they aren't going up. For Bundoora to do that last year was weak as p155.

Whilst I agree with you, that it should be a pretty simple theory, you win the flag then you go up. If you come last, you go down. But that is not actually a set in stone rule. If the DVCA deems that the team going up, is not going to be as competitive as the team going down, then they have the right to over rule the promotion. Throw in sides like Bundoora who choose one season not to get relegated, then another season not to get promoted and it's a real head spin.

Talking about B grade in a C grade and below thread. Hmm, interesting.

I'm happy to alter the name of the thread to B Grade and below? Or you could start your own thread and write in there? Or you could just stop sooking and enjoy the cricket talk. Let me know what you choose.

Some of you blokes are red hot.
You're happy to go with the whole "************ off, this is the X Grade forum, don't bring your Y Grade crap in here" when it suits you, but when someone pulls you up on it like BL has done you get your backs up!
I don't care either way and am happy to be able to talk any sort of cricket anywhere, but to carry on the way some of you have, Tongs in particular, when you've done the exact same thing in the past is a bit rich in my book.

Some of you blokes are red hot.
You're happy to go with the whole "************ off, this is the X Grade forum, don't bring your Y Grade crap in here" when it suits you, but when someone pulls you up on it like BL has done you get your backs up!
I don't care either way and am happy to be able to talk any sort of cricket anywhere, but to carry on the way some of you have, Tongs in particular, when you've done the exact same thing in the past is a bit rich in my book.

Care to point out where I've told people to go to another thread?

And just for the record, this thread is actually the 2011/2012 thread, there is no B Grade 2012/2013 thread for people to post on. So rather than complain, maybe keep it to cricket?

Care to point out where I've told people to go to another thread?

I'm not going to go through page after page, but feel free to head over to the Barclay Shield threads as a case in point. I'm sure it won't be hard for you to find at least a couple of posts pointing out to Money Shield posters that their threads exist for them to talk all things Money Shield and to remove themselves from the Barclay Shield threads.

Just for the record, this is the C Grade and below thread. Point taken RE no B Grade though.

LOL at this thread since my last comment. Does Tongs get trophy points or a commission for everytime he has a crack at me? serg, you shouldn't have taken the bait, Bud. It wasn't even a serious troll. Beerbandit expressing the snobbiness which is typical of blokes who player in higher grades. Some of those younger Heidelberg players, despite playing in E grade, are/will be good enough to **** your ass. captain cuzz the only one keeping it real. Fwiw, he gets a couple of "likes".

3/3 for e grade finals tipping. Despite being the only guy to score 400 in test cricket, it is a boost to my ego that I got all three correct. It wqs 400 not out as well

Whilst I agree with you, that it should be a pretty simple theory, you win the flag then you go up. If you come last, you go down. But that is not actually a set in stone rule. If the DVCA deems that the team going up, is not going to be as competitive as the team going down, then they have the right to over rule the promotion. Throw in sides like Bundoora who choose one season not to get relegated, then another season not to get promoted and it's a real head spin.

OMG !! How many times do we need to hear this dribble...?? The Barclay shield issue was over 10 years ago !!
Get your facts right and we will listen. Not sure why you have even sucked me into another response....? Maybe coz its 1:30am on a Saturday night when I have read this .

Fact 1- In 2002/03 Bundoora did get related from Barclay Shield - for the entire winter & pre season we were in Money. We were even in the original draft Money Fixture.
Only after Mernda withdrew their Barclay Team on the grounds they didnt think they would be competitive, did the DVCA exec offer us the chance to stay up - which is the normal thing to do. We had no real control in it. When asked we accepted - I am sure Eltham would have done the same last year.
Nothing to do with an Ex Bundoora player being President at the time. If you knew anything about the DVCA exec, then you would appreciate they all vote on the decisions. not just the Pres. Pretty sure there were several ex Eltham people on the exec at the time. Perhaps you should ask them...?

Also pretty sure there was a similar precedent prior when Greenborough Rangers won the Money Flag only to fold the next preseason. I am sure the bottom Barclay team stayed up that year too...? happy to be corrected.

Fact 2 - 2011/12 - Bundoora B grade premiers. We never refused to be promoted. FACT.
We simply exercised the option given to us by the DVCA Exec. in the best interests of our club and the MS comp.
We simply advised our feelings that we didnt think it was in ours or the comps best interests to be promoted and get flogged every week, like Riverside before us (we had 4 major retirements come out from that side after the match).

The DVCA's preference was to have all clubs firsts (except MP) to play in the new revised Money Shield with the new teams coming in.
Yes - they gave us first option to come in as in line with our rights as premier.
Yes - We were more than happy to stay down but would have gone up if DVCA chose to grade that way.

You can see by our B grade results this year, we were barely competive in that grade up until the break.
You might argue that HB went well in the MS. They also had to recruit & pay half a new team to do so. We were not prepared to pay B grade players just to stay competitive.

Will be very interested to see what N.E.W choose to do. They do have a young and competive team though. We were pretty old. Good luck to them either way.
Will also be interesting see if any fall out from the Tigers loss...

So you can all sit back now and say haha sucked in again... but facts are facts and I will ( as you do) stand by my club when attacked.

Hoping Eltham can use the fortune they amassed by hosting the Barclay GF and recruit some players so that they might stay in MS next year...;) over to you...

So if nth eltham refuse to go up do mill park get offered to go up or is it just 2 go down ?

Will be interesting to see. Based on last year, they would want MP to go up, but given that it is Mill Park, anything is possible.
I would bet only bottom 2 go down but will be interesting...

Will be interesting to see. Based on last year, they would want MP to go up, but given that it is Mill Park, anything is possible.
I would bet only bottom 2 go down but will be interesting...

Can't see how they can put 3 down and send the runner up into Money.
If NEW don't want to come up, and I wouldn't blame them (would be better to groom the younger players in B) then Panton Hill should stay up, although they did win less games than TU.

No such thing as a lock in a GF Tongs.

Do you want me to find your post where you stated they weren't that good, then the smashed you blokes? We've all got a post wrong here or there. Rumour is there has been a massive fall out at Mill Park after the loss. Most insiders thought it was a formality that they'd go up, but after choking, there may be a number of departures.....

Back