Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

You of all people should know that it wouldn't have mattered. Just like when the exec was full of Bundoora and you didn't get relegated that year....

You boys better get someone from Eltham on the exec in a hurry, thats the only way Eltham will ever play Barclay again....;)

Ohhhh, low blow.....maybe Tongs could step into the Admin role??

I wouldn't expect anything less from the Bundoora boys. They are happy to give it, but not take it. 1 rule for them, 1 for the rest of the DVCA.

There is not a hope in hell that I would put my hand up for that job. With the amount of flack you cop, you may as well become Prime Minister (a position also available soon)

haha, harsh words from the moderator, not whinging bud, just agree with a man who knows what he's talking about, thats all.

Not meant as harsh words at all. You complained that hurstbridge didn't get a higher grade grand final last year, so what do you do? Withdraw your ground completely this year? That's really intelligent. Sounds like a spoilt back of brats really.

Not meant as harsh words at all. You complained that hurstbridge didn't get a higher grade grand final last year, so what do you do? Withdraw your ground completely this year? That's really intelligent. Sounds like a spoilt back of brats really.
Thats it mate, you have us all worked out.
Just looking forward to a relaxing weekend, enjoying a few sherbets and supporting our teams who are still alive this weekend.

E grade final. Heidelberg vs Riverside.

Ok, Heidelberg's miserable performance with the bat last week has almost rendered any analysis of this final as useless. I'm nowhere near as confident they'll win the comp as I was last week. Having said that, if I was asked at the start of the finals who would win the grade, I'd have said Heidelberg. That being the case, I won't changr my mind.

Brian's tip - Heidelberg

Win at all costs

Rumour has it that Hurstbidge was happy to run out a player who was standing in the middle of the pitch talking to the other batsmen after hit a "4". The batsmen were sure that the ball it the fence. They believed the umpire had signaled a boundary, so they stopped running. Was in the same poor firm when Murali was run out after his team mate made a century and Murali went to shake his hand. No one was attempting to take a run.
England was roundly condemd for their actions that day.

Ask Dean Jones what he thinks of Viv Richards, when Jones walked after being caught by Viv, but Jones didn't hear the no ball call and was walking off to the pavilion, and as a result Viv ran him out. Again poor form

Win at all costs. Poor form Hurstbidge.

Win at all costs

Rumour has it that Hurstbidge was happy to run out a player who was standing in the middle of the pitch talking to the other batsmen after hit a "4". The batsmen were sure that the ball it the fence. They believed the umpire had signaled a boundary, so they stopped running. Was in the same poor firm when Murali was run out after his team mate made a century and Murali went to shake his hand. No one was attempting to take a run.

Ask Dean Jones what he thinks of Viv Richards, when Jones walked after being caught by Viv, but Jones didn't hear the no ball call and was walking off to the pavilion, and as a result Viv ran him out. Again poor form

Win at all costs. Poor form Hurstbidge. Poor form umpire.
What grade is that?

Win at all costs

Win at all costs. Poor form Hurstbidge. Poor form umpire.

Murali, the man who throws the ball complaining about someone else cheating, yeh, hypocrasy at it's best. As for the rest, if true, perhaps the batsmen should have been paying attention to the game more closely as I'd have run them out too.

Winning isn't everything, it's all there is.

Win at all costs

Last time I checked, if the ball doesn't hit the fence and the umpire doesn't signal a boundary, you keep running, not have a chat with your batting partner in the middle of the pitch because you think its four, ball was still alive, at no stage was it dead.....OUT every day of the week, I'd call it more braindead batsman if you ask me.

Last time I checked, if the ball doesn't hit the fence and the umpire doesn't signal a boundary, you keep running, not have a chat with your batting partner in the middle of the pitch because you think its four, ball was still alive, at no stage was it dead.....OUT every day of the week, I'd call it more braindead batsman if you ask me.

Firstly, there is a rule stating that you cannot be run out if you're not attempting a run. There is a thing called "Spirit of cricket". Stupid from the player who thought it was four, yes. Yet, very poor form from Hurstbridge. Up there with mancatting. Within the rules, but you're an ordinary bloke if you do it.

Firstly, there is a rule stating that you cannot be run out if you're not attempting a run. There is a thing called "Spirit of cricket". Stupid from the player who thought it was four, yes. Yet, very poor form from Hurstbridge. Up there with mancatting. Within the rules, but you're an ordinary bloke if you do it.
They stoped while returning for the 2nd run mate, like i said ball was never dead, never called four, never hit the fence.

They stoped while returning for the 2nd run mate, like i said ball was never dead, never called four, never hit the fence.

Even you are saying that they stopped, so surely your players could see that they had stopped. Therefore spirit of cricket comes in to play and the batsmen are given a warning to not do that again. Similar to the mandkat, if a bloke is backing up too far, a simple warning is enough to stop him from doing it again.

Surely you can hear the stupidity in the situation. You obviously know that they thought the ball was dead, that they thought it was four. They were wrong, and no one disputes that.
Was Hurstbridge within their rights to run him out? Yes.
Is it in poor taste? Yes.

Surely you can hear the stupidity in the situation. You obviously know that they thought the ball was dead, that they thought it was four. They were wrong, and no one disputes that.
Was Hurstbridge within their rights to run him out? Yes.
Is it in poor taste? Yes.

So you've walked everytime you've snicked one?

According to you, you're an ordinary bloke if you play the game by the rules? You must have an impossibly high standard of what a good bloke is...I'd hate to be one of your mates!

Why must the fielding side make allowances for batting mistakes? What next, you haul out on the mid wicket boundary and you say...oh that was a mistake, sorry didn't mean to get that top edge so you get a warning not to top edge anymore? Please, Unity we both know you'd be the first one screaming to take'em off...and I wouldn't be far behind you.

So you've walked everytime you've snicked one?

According to you, you're an ordinary bloke if you play the game by the rules? You must have an impossibly high standard of what a good bloke is...I'd hate to be one of your mates!

Why must the fielding side make allowances for batting mistakes? What next, you haul out on the mid wicket boundary and you say...oh that was a mistake, sorry didn't mean to get that top edge so you get a warning not to top edge anymore? Please, Unity we both know you'd be the first one screaming to take'em off...and I wouldn't be far behind you.

I'm not even going to bother responding to that tripe. Very silly argument.

Win at all costs

I heard both scorers put a 4 in the book? Must of been some sort of signal from the umpire if that was the case, or did they assume like the batsmen?

Back