Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It can't hurt to try it out a couple of times with clubs that are able to facilitate such a fixture. I think the DVCA should encourage any club that's willing to do something different to try and raise funds and generate buzz. There are a few clubs in the DVCA who have new lights installed, it should be an option if they want a showcase one dayer to spill into the twilight hours, why not. BBQ, bar, even music.

The only way it could work is if the lower grades started earlier, which has been tossed up. But difficult as a lot of people have saturday morning commitments

The only way it could work is if the lower grades started earlier, which has been tossed up. But difficult as a lot of people have saturday morning commitments
I reckon there's merit in trying it out first, as a bit of a one off and then if it's a raging success, look to make it more permanent. That way, people have enough notice and can work around the fixture with work/other commitments.

I'll preface this by saying that it's a much easier argument to make now that i no longer play but maybe it is time to revisit a Sunday one day match to showcase the A grade side at each club?
One weekend a year where you'd hope the A grade blokes support the other grades and vice versa?

I'll preface this by saying that it's a much easier argument to make now that i no longer play but maybe it is time to revisit a Sunday one day match to showcase the A grade side at each club?
One weekend a year where you'd hope the A grade blokes support the other grades and vice versa?

But in reality only the single blokes turn up because everyone else has their missus breathing down their neck about being at the cricket club for two days straight.

How about just keeping things as they are.

How many people really go back and watch A grade anyway? Not many if A grade is playing away, or they have families or they are heading out Saturday night.

And as for A Graders watching the lower grades, surely you jest! Especially with the mercenaries in the DVCA these days, a lot of A Graders wouldn't even know the names of lower grade players.

How about just keeping things as they are.

How many people really go back and watch A grade anyway? Not many if A grade is playing away, or they have families or they are heading out Saturday night.

And as for A Graders watching the lower grades, surely you jest! Especially with the mercenaries in the DVCA these days, a lot of A Graders wouldn't even know the names of lower grade players.

Sad if this is true for your club (or anyones club for that matter). If an A-Grader at my club didn't make the effort to get to know people playing in lower grades, or have this thought, they'd be shown the door. Any cricketer playing in the DVCA has no right to posess this attitude, it's local cricket.

Why not look at starting the lower grades at say 11.00 with A grade starting at say 2.00 and then everyone would get back in time.... is just a thought as then No Sunday games and for 1 game with a lot of notice it could be arranged clubs could make a big day of it

Why not look at starting the lower grades at say 11.00 with A grade starting at say 2.00 and then everyone would get back in time.... is just a thought as then No Sunday games and for 1 game with a lot of notice it could be arranged clubs could make a big day of it

There'd still be whinging about those who work Saturday mornings, wouldn't matter how much notice you give. For 1 game though, is it really worth it? Would the lower grades actually turn up or just go home early? Plenty of time to watch local cricket when you retire.

Any news from the meeting last night and the vote to admit Bundoora Park???
From what I heard, BP entering meant there would be a bye in Mash and as a consequence most of the Mash clubs voted against it whilst pretty much all (bar one I believe) Money and Barclay clubs voted for it. Seems very short sighted by the Mash clubs to say no as I think that block defeated the motion. I think though comp is looking for a solution to the no bye and BP will come in. Something along those lines anyway. If another outside club applied it would be a no-brainer.

That's not good what do these teams think.... Very short sighted that is for sure. It's holding the competition back by not admitting them in, thinking about there own self interest and not what's best for our comp

From what I heard, BP entering meant there would be a bye in Mash and as a consequence most of the Mash clubs voted against it whilst pretty much all (bar one I believe) Money and Barclay clubs voted for it. Seems very short sighted by the Mash clubs to say no as I think that block defeated the motion. I think though comp is looking for a solution to the no bye and BP will come in. Something along those lines anyway. If another outside club applied it would be a no-brainer.
Does this mean that BP has NOT been accepted? Yet....?

Back