Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, so how we go about this...? Can we get all the Presidents in one room and discuss pros & cons in a sensible debate before the seasons end...?

Is there enough support out there to do this or is it just keyboard warrior stuff on BC...? Reckon i have heard enough discontent...

Assuming we come to a consensus that the restructure doesnt go ahead until a feasible plan is put forward, the exec will almost certianly spit the dummy and walk... then what...?

What proposals will clubs put forward...?

Not for next year then, but the one after...

* Do we leave Barclay as the premier division of 12 teams, then 8 in every grade below...?
(Means we play at least one Sunday.. but we do now)

* Or or do we bite the bullet and go 8 teams across the board ( as most local comps have down recently) ?
Issue is then we will have BS 8, MS8, MS8, then plus 4 as we do now...playing the 2's sides... which is the real issue...
unless we get rid of the 2 teams as mentioned previously but still leaves 2 in the 4th grade...playing 2's,

* Do we re-visit the NMCA proposal of a few years back...?

* Do we invite new clubs into the DVCA to make up 4 divs of 8...?
Well I'll put the hand up on behalf of my club. I've already sent a message to our exec and they are happy to canvass other clubs to seek opinion. I have expressed to my club that the priority should be a draw that is as even as possible. My suggestion was a 12-8-8 structure where all clubs play each other at least once. Obviously for Money and Mash the 2 day and 1 day reciprocal draw would be in place. Anyway, I've tried to be proactive on this but I think in order to get something going a "power club" should and hopefully will get on board and support this.

Just flow with it and play cricket. I've seen this kinda crap happen too many times and it always results in a resigned committee and complete shambles where either no-one backs up their posturing or the new committee falls in a hole within 6 months because of infighting and apathy. I will remind everyone of what happened when Maxwell resigned and the deafening silence in the room when a call for nominations for President was made...and how many months went buy without a President?

Maxwell resigned because he thought his opinion was the only one that counted, if people who are elected by clubs aren't prepared to act on the clubs behalf and do what clubs vote on and they want to walk away because they don't get what they want then so be it. Their job is to act for and on behalf of clubs. The clubs always hold the power in the DVCA and that's the way it should be.
The restructuring is fasical to say the least. Agree with Brutal that a 12,8,8 structure is the best. Barclay is a very good standard and should be left as is. Money has been a little lopsided this season but clubs can improve or decline very quickly with a couple of ins and outs. If the clubs don't want the change they can make sure it doesn't happen. All that's needed is for people to get off their arses and be proactive. If guys on the exec walk then we know why they are on there in the first place. I know that a few of those members are happy to go to 12,8,8 set up.

Is someone able to please confirm how many teams are getting relegated for each grade? Is it 3 from Barclay & 4 from Money?

What about the lower grades?

will depend on how the lower grade structure works....
ie 10 teams or 8 per grade...
Surely this should have been decided and clubs informed by now. Will there be promotion / relegation? Or will it be as the Exec announced, all 2nd XI sides graded from 1-28 and then put in to 3 grades of 8 and the same happens at the bottom end when 2's sides will play 3's sides.....

Surely this should have been decided and clubs informed by now. Will there be promotion / relegation? Or will it be as the Exec announced, all 2nd XI sides graded from 1-28 and then put in to 3 grades of 8 and the same happens at the bottom end when 2's sides will play 3's sides.....

this is why its a balls up and needs to be thoroughly discussed with the clubs - or abolished...

No relegation or promotion for all 2's sides - ie, B, C & D grade - all 28 2nd XI sides will be ranked 1-28 on final ladder positions, but the sides winning flags in lower divisions, ie, C & D grade, will not be ranked above those from the higher grades.

Might be a silly question but what grade will Mash Shield be? DVCA website says its renaming B grade to Mash Shield. Does that mean B grade moves into C grade and so forth?
I just assumed Mash shield would slot in between Money Shield and B grade, should the 3 tier system go ahead.
http://www.dvca.org.au/mash-shield.html

Might be a silly question but what grade will Mash Shield be? DVCA website says its renaming B grade to Mash Shield. Does that mean B grade moves into C grade and so forth?
I just assumed Mash shield would slot in between Money Shield and B grade, should the 3 tier system go ahead.

I believe that there will still be a B grade, but nothing is confirmed. Interesting that for all the talk on here, there was no mention from any clubs towards the Executive last night of anything to do with the restructure.

I believe that there will still be a B grade, but nothing is confirmed. Interesting that for all the talk on here, there was no mention from any clubs towards the Executive last night of anything to do with the restructure.

sorry missed the meeting, was in hospital, or I would have...

I think comments on here best sum up this situation as no one seems to know whats happening even though it was decided over a year ago now.
I think I can help out as there is only one result that can change the grades for next season, the Money Shield winner either Lower Plenty or Nth Eltham.
Here is my take of things for all sides that play 80 over cricket. (this season BS to D grades 60 sides)

BARCLAY : (10) D’CREEK MACLEOD OPSF RIVERSIDE L’ELTHAM EPPING ROSANNA BUNDOORA RESEARCH LP or NE
MONEY : (10) PLENTY MERNDA BUND UTD LP or NE ELTHAM L’STARS MONTY HEID’BERG BANYULE WHITTLESEA
MASH : (8) MILL PARK CAMREA H’BRIDGE G’BOROUGH PANTON HILL THOM UTD S’MORANG P’ VALLEY BATS
B : (8) N’ELTHAM D’CREEK RIVERSIDE BUNDOORA MACLEOD MONTY MERNDA BUND UTD
C : (8) ROSANNA HEID’BERG OPSF PLENTY EPPING ELTHAM MILL PARK L’STARS
D : (8) BANYULE RIVERSIDE L’ELTHAM G’BOROUGH L’PLENTY N’ELTHAM MERNDA MONTY
E : (8) RESEARCH D’CREEK BUNDOORA ROSANNA H’BRIDGE BANYULE THOM UTD WHITTLESEA

Sides in the top 3 grades are clubs 1st XI's ONLY. (28)
All sides below that are sorted on ability just as they have been since Barclay and Money Reserves were eliminated.
Promotion/Relegation, 1 up 1 down, exists in all grades bar MASH as NO relegation and B where NO promotion.

BARCLAY and MONEY play 9-2 day games and 3-1 day games.
MASH to E play 7-2 day and 7-1 day games, each other twice.

I could do same for lower grades but best thought all dissect this first.

So all know this was taken from DVCA handout as presented at Presidents meeting back in december 2014 and seems nothing has changed.

We're not saying we don't get it. Or how it'll work (mostly anyway)

Most are saying they just flat out don't like it!

But good work on the effort.

Eh, I couldn't give a stuff about the top grades, I won't be playing in them so I'll get 14 chances with the bat next year. Sounds good to me, roll on the changes.

I think comments on here best sum up this situation as no one seems to know whats happening even though it was decided over a year ago now.
I think I can help out as there is only one result that can change the grades for next season, the Money Shield winner either Lower Plenty or Nth Eltham.
Here is my take of things for all sides that play 80 over cricket. (this season BS to D grades 60 sides)

BARCLAY : (10) D’CREEK MACLEOD OPSF RIVERSIDE L’ELTHAM EPPING ROSANNA BUNDOORA RESEARCH LP or NE
MONEY : (10) PLENTY MERNDA BUND UTD LP or NE ELTHAM L’STARS MONTY HEID’BERG BANYULE WHITTLESEA
MASH : (8) MILL PARK CAMREA H’BRIDGE G’BOROUGH PANTON HILL THOM UTD S’MORANG P’ VALLEY BATS
B : (8) N’ELTHAM D’CREEK RIVERSIDE BUNDOORA MACLEOD MONTY MERNDA BUND UTD
C : (8) ROSANNA HEID’BERG OPSF PLENTY EPPING ELTHAM MILL PARK L’STARS
D : (8) BANYULE RIVERSIDE L’ELTHAM G’BOROUGH L’PLENTY N’ELTHAM MERNDA MONTY
E : (8) RESEARCH D’CREEK BUNDOORA ROSANNA H’BRIDGE BANYULE THOM UTD WHITTLESEA

Sides in the top 3 grades are clubs 1st XI's ONLY. (28)
All sides below that are sorted on ability just as they have been since Barclay and Money Reserves were eliminated.
Promotion/Relegation, 1 up 1 down, exists in all grades bar MASH as NO relegation and B where NO promotion.

BARCLAY and MONEY play 9-2 day games and 3-1 day games.
MASH to E play 7-2 day and 7-1 day games, each other twice.

I could do same for lower grades but best thought all dissect this first.

So all know this was taken from DVCA handout as presented at Presidents meeting back in december 2014 and seems nothing has changed.
Well as of Saturday when I asked the question, no decision has been made. However if it looks anything like the above and our 2's drop 2 grades in 2 seasons after I was told it was only a one season issue and our 2's would be back playing a higher standard with the restructure, then shit will hit the fan.

It's wrong Brutal, all 2's teams will be ranked above any 3's teams. and if my math is right, your 2's are around 20-21 in the order.

Direct from DVCA restructure handout. (if they stick with it)

Move all clubs 2nd XI teams into an 80-over grade for 2016/2017 to assist in creating a stronger structure to accommodate the Shield grades.
The 28 DVCA 2nd XI teams and top four ranked 3rd XI teams will be ranked 1 - 32 based on ladder rankings at end of 2015/2016.
B Grade – Teams ranked 1 - 8
C Grade – Teams ranked 9 - 16
D Grade – Teams ranked 17 - 24
E Grade – Teams ranked 25 – 32
After 2016/2017, 2nd XI’s can be relegated out of these grades.

But then it is not explained if all 3's, 4's, 5's and 6's will be put in the same group.

Back