Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably more competitive? Lol really?
Id like to think an A grade premiership team would be more competitive then the 11th place C grade side

I'm under the belief that at no stage has Rivergum contacted the DVCA board or vice versa

Maybe not this season, but in others they have.

I believe the only time it was spoken about was around the failed NCL concept.
Other then that ( unless my memory fails me) not in the last ten years

There were discussions held last year. But they wanted to stay to give themselves the chance of a three-peat.

Paul Collingwood is the head Powerbroker at Kelynack. If he says it's never happened, then it's never happened.
Just maybe certain people were talking out of school. Seems to be the way things happen these days.

Paul Collingwood is the head Powerbroker at Kelynack. If he says it's never happened, then it's never happened.
Just maybe certain people were talking out of school. Seems to be the way things happen these days.

Lets be honest, they would be no certainties to make Money Shield Finals so best they continue to be a successful NMCA side

Lets be honest, they would be no certainties to make Money Shield Finals so best they continue to be a successful NMCA side

I never spoke of making finals in any grade but to say Rivergum "would probably be more competitive" in comparison to the 11th placed side in the Dvca D grade (C) that's just laughable.

I never spoke of making finals in any grade but to say Rivergum "would probably be more competitive" in comparison to the 11th placed side in the Dvca D grade (C) that's just laughable.

Don't get your knickers in a twist princess. I've no idea of the quality of the NMCA or Rivergum as a club, so I don't know how you'd go with absolute certainty. You might get the pants flogged off you, or not.

Welcome back snowman. About time we had a few characters back on board... Premiers again has been very quiet, keep your chin up bloke, 10-15 years in money shield will do you the world of good. LMFAO!!!

Update from the DVCA regarding the restructure:

To all DVCA Clubs,

The DVCA has recently met and finalised the competition structure for season 2016/17.

The structure will be as follows:

Barclay Shield (10 teams)
Diamond Creek, Macleod, Old Paradians St Francis, Riverside, Epping, Lower Eltham, Research Eltham Collegians, Bundoora, Rosanna, North Eltham Wanderers

Money Shield (10 teams)
Plenty, Mernda, Bundoora United, Lower Plenty, Lalor Stars, Eltham, Heidelberg, Banyule, Montmorency, Whittlesea

Mash Shield (8 teams)
Mill Park, Panton Hill, Hurstbridge, Camrea Taipans, Greensborough, Thomastown United, South Morang, Laurimar Plenty Valley Bats

Promotion and relegation will work with one up and one down between Barclay Shield and Money Shield and also between Money Shield and Mash Shield.

The lower grades will be structured as follows:
80 overs: B, C, D and E grade (8 teams)
68 overs: F1, F2, F3, G1, G2, G3 grade (8 teams)

The above structure is based on current team numbers from season 2015/16, if clubs nominate more teams the names of these grades will be announced at that time.

Based on proposed playing dates 8 team grades will play 7x2 day and 7x1 day games with all 10 team grades playing 9x2 day and 3x1 day games. Due to limited playing dates again next season some Sunday cricket may be required.

Playing dates and provisional gradings will be released in due course with current rankings used from season 2015/16 forming the basis of these gradings.

We look forward to what is shaping as an exciting season 2016/17.

Going to be fun for the fixture-maker, with the top 20 clubs (BS/MS) each having their 1sts playing rounds out of sync with their 2nds and all other lower grades.
Also probably going to be some whinging from those top 20 clubs about who's got the easiest draw, with each of them playing 3 teams twice (presumably the second time in one-dayers).

Going to be fun for the fixture-maker, with the top 20 clubs (BS/MS) each having their 1sts playing rounds out of sync with their 2nds and all other lower grades.
Also probably going to be some whinging from those top 20 clubs about who's got the easiest draw, with each of them playing 3 teams twice (presumably the second time in one-dayers).

The 1 day games will only be worth 3 points each as way of evening out the inadequacies of the draw.

The 1 day games will only be worth 3 points each as way of evening out the inadequacies of the draw.

Wait...what seriously? How does that solve the problem? Is not the issue that clubs playing lower sides in the 1 day games miss out on the opportunity for 10 points? So now you'll potentially get even less points for beating a lower team in a 1 dayer?

Also, what's with the F1, F2 etc gradings? Are they afraid that someone might get a dented ego by playing 'K grade'?

Wait...what seriously? How does that solve the problem? Is not the issue that clubs playing lower sides in the 1 day games miss out on the opportunity for 10 points? So now you'll potentially get even less points for beating a lower team in a 1 dayer?

Also, what's with the F1, F2 etc gradings? Are they afraid that someone might get a dented ego by playing 'K grade'?

Unlike previous years, the one day games are not the only game against the three teams you play twice, all sides will play each other in two day games.

Unlike previous years, the one day games are not the only game against the three teams you play twice, all sides will play each other in two day games.

Oh right, I gotcha, be interesting to see if it has the desired effect as the one day games are more likely to render upset wins.

So what's that, 2 sat/sun matches this year? That should be popular....

Last edited:

You say a lot of silly things, but this time I 100% agree with you. This is not junior sport, this is senior men's cricket. Call it what it is, Z Grade or 10th grade.

Also, what's with the F1, F2 etc gradings? Are they afraid that someone might get a dented ego by playing 'K grade'?[/QUOTE]

There is a simple fix for this; return to the Reserve Grade concept for the first 3 grades after Mash Shield, therefore having Barclay Reserve, Money Reserve and Mash Reserve. Then start after that with B, C, D, E, F Grades. Surely this would be far easier for fixturing as well?!?! The top two teams from each club would play home and away on their main grounds. Are we missing the easiest solution here?

Back