Dvca - Finals 2014/2015

They have had to knock off the Minor premiers to get to the Granny. No asterisk
And they knocked off a very weak side in round 12.....certainly not their fault, and the asterisk is not to be associated with them, but not sure it's the look we want to see - sorry to stir the pot as this was a few weeks back, but would hope that talk of action and rule changes is followed through.

Barclay: Diamond Creek too good for Rosanna in a low scoring affair that goes two innings
MOM: Luke Campitelli with 8+ wickets for the match

Money: Mernda make the most runs in another low scoring match that goes the full distance.
MOM: Justin Stewart with runs and wickets to get his side over the line

B Grade: Tough one to call here, but going to go with Whittlesea on the back of Nixon and Gardiner.
MOM: Despite runs from Gardiner and an all round performance Nixon, an umpire will win it in this game.

Barclay: Diamond Creek too good for Rosanna in a low scoring affair that goes two innings
MOM: Luke Campitelli with 8+ wickets for the match

Money: Mernda make the most runs in another low scoring match that goes the full distance.
MOM: Justin Stewart with runs and wickets to get his side over the line

B Grade: Tough one to call here, but going to go with Whittlesea on the back of Nixon and Gardiner.
MOM: Despite runs from Gardiner and an all round performance Nixon, an umpire will win it in this game.
whos umpiring the c grade match cricket box?

Barclay- diamo to get them 8 down in a close affair

Money- Yules to chase the runs with baker getting 5 and butters 60 odd
I'm going to have to go with mernda, two 2nd XI bats in at the moment against bakes will soon see them reach 4/20 odd. Long way back chasing 200 from there in a GF when they haven't made over 150 against any of the top 4 sides, and without jeff Wilson as well in a Gf.

In Barclay I can't see a more work horse attack in Rosanna blasting through diamo. Would take some poor batting to lose it from there...

Last edited:
I'm going to have to go with mernda, two 2nd XI bats in at the moment against bakes will soon see them reach 4/20 odd. Long way back chasing 200 from there in a GF when they haven't made over 150 against any of the top 4 sides, and without jeff Wilson as well in a Gf.

In Barclay I can't see a more work horse attack in Rosanna blasting through diamo. Would take some poor batting to lose it from there...

Agree, Mernda miles in front.

Agree with Mernda having more strength and banyule having less fire power but funny things do happen in finals, can see it being a tight one

Barclay: Creek to get them 9 down.

Money: Banyule all out for less than 130.

B Grade: Whittlesea to have enough depth to chase that down and make their way up to Money Shield.

Congratulations to all other winners so far.

Diamo and Rosanna could still go either way,very evenly poised and to be honest it is a toss of the coin from here,should be a great tussle.

Mernda are unbackable from here and will take a great individual effort from one of Banyules remaining bats to take the shield and promotion away from Mernda.Pesonally I can't see them getting close but funny things happen in grand finals.

Whittlesea have blasted there way back into Money Shield on the back of Nixon grabbing the first 4 wickets and 5 of the first 6,taking him to 44 wickets @ 8 for the year. If Macleod can grab a cpl of early wickets it may make things interesting but I can't see them getting back into it.

Good luck to all teams

Is Thongs still around or taken a 6 month Sabbatical ;-)

Diamo and Rosanna could still go either way,very evenly poised and to be honest it is a toss of the coin from here,should be a great tussle.

Mernda are unbackable from here and will take a great individual effort from one of Banyules remaining bats to take the shield and promotion away from Mernda.Pesonally I can't see them getting close but funny things happen in grand finals.

Whittlesea have blasted there way back into Money Shield on the back of Nixon grabbing the first 4 wickets and 5 of the first 6,taking him to 44 wickets @ 8 for the year. If Macleod can grab a cpl of early wickets it may make things interesting but I can't see them getting back into it.

Good luck to all teams

I'm still here, still sulking.

I very much support most people's thoughts on the games. I see Diamo winning, although I think they'll only lose a couple of wickets. Diamo to win by 3 wickets.

Mernda to win easily. 200 is far too many for Banyule's batting line up. Their only hope was to reduce them to under 150 max. But credit to them, they've been written off by many all season, and could pull out another shock win.

Whittlesea far too good, and win easily. If there was a comp medal in B Grade, Nixon could halve his votes and still win it. Great season by him and the Whittlesea boys, and deserve the win they'll do easily (Sorry Serge).

:(:(

Good luck to all teams

Was a pleasure having the Barclay GF back at Eltham. Must say I didn't see you Tongs. Also not only was the fridge empty, but it was turned off:mad:;)

The other team made more runs than them. Therefore under the laws of cricket. They lost.

What a pathetic effort by a team that is so good. It happens every year which brings up the point what do you need to be able to win finals and therefore premierships as simply being the best team is not it.

What a pathetic effort by a team that is so good. It happens every year which brings up the point what do you need to be able to win finals and therefore premierships as simply being the best team is not it.

Thats cricket mate. Look across a lot of the metro comps, and you have 3rd and or 4th knocking over the top sides in the semis. If you have a good tight grade then it is a good thing, this isn't JIKA where its Rivergum, Rosebank and daylight. All the sides in finals are very good sides. Rosbrook also never really got going again after his injury which doesn't help.

Plenty lost, but Rosanna have been a perennial finals side in the DVCA but also the HDCA. They're experienced, and played better on the day. It's not like Plenty lost to NEW.

Thats cricket mate. Look across a lot of the metro comps, and you have 3rd and or 4th knocking over the top sides in the semis. If you have a good tight grade then it is a good thing, this isn't JIKA where its Rivergum, Rosebank and daylight. All the sides in finals are very good sides. Rosbrook also never really got going again after his injury which doesn't help.

Plenty lost, but Rosanna have been a perennial finals side in the DVCA but also the HDCA. They're experienced, and played better on the day. It's not like Plenty lost to NEW.

Finals are a funny game, some rise and others crumble under the pressure, it also takes 11 contributors not 1-2 stars who do it all

Back