Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

I read that CA are trying to develop a helmet for fast bowlers to wear. Honestly, this is getting out of control, I mean if they are that concerned about safety why not go all the way and have everyone use one of those rubber safety balls the kids in Blasters have. Or we could just field in bubble wrap.

As for all of us, the most dangerous part of our Saturday's remains navigating Plenty Road.

Disagree, the most dangerous aspect of Saturdays is being heated/washed out at 11am and still walking through the door at 8pm hoping like hell your missus hasn't got a clue

Why don't we just piss this stupid 'ordinary conditions' rule right off.

Here's what we do. Lose more than 30 minutes play, the game goes to max 6.30pm. The overs the side batting first get (assuming a compulsory close) is what the side batting second gets. If side batting first is dismissed prior to 6.30pm AND 30 minutes had been lost during the innings, then the normal over calculation applies and the side batting second gets those overs. Don't complicate things with 'innings changeover time' and all that garbage just use minutes remaining. Simple.

This whole losing more than 20 minutes, only playing to 6, option of declaring, playing for a draw is BS. Its dead set archaic and not in sync with playing for a result. In games of senior cricket at this level clubs should NEVER have the option of playing for a draw.

Can we please just let the lower grades (at least) start whenever both captains are ready. I reckon we'd be ready to go at 12:15 most weeks. Wrap it up at 4-4:30 and back to the club to watch another game.

Given the Race Cup weekend.

Why not try starting all grades on the same day in October, but given the Grades F and below a week off ie instead of a 2 day game have a one day game and miss the Cup Weekend.

Given the Race Cup weekend.

Why not try starting all grades on the same day in October, but given the Grades F and below a week off ie instead of a 2 day game have a one day game and miss the Cup Weekend.

Committing to cricket essentially means you give up any chance of going away for a long weekend haha

Many a time when playing in Victoria and WA I have see both captains agree to start a game early, even with an umpire.

If 11 from each side are there early all someone needs to say is 'let's get this going so we can finish early and get in a beer or two before 6 o'clock' and by almost unanimous decision we are away to an early start.

When playing BHRDCA back in the 1990s, I played in a game where we started 20 minutes early and were in the bar well before 5:30 after playing a one-dayer.

Last edited:
Back