DVCA Juniors 2010/11

Re: DVCA Juniors 2010/11

Goliath;406192 said:
This is for cricket chat, accept you been smashed and build a bridge.

yeah i have been smashed, that is why i just completely explained myself and there was no response from you. obviously you have realised you were in the wrong.

now mr rudd, your recent posts towards me have been rather unneccessary, and this cowboys-falcons merger talk begs the question, is your future as a rep player over? i think so..

the lion;406199 said:
yeah i have been smashed, that is why i just completely explained myself and there was no response from you. obviously you have realised you were in the wrong.

now mr rudd, your recent posts towards me have been rather unneccessary, and this cowboys-falcons merger talk begs the question, is your future as a rep player over? i think so..
I just knew you would place a personal insult soon and thanks for not disappointing me. Instead of posting personal crap try something that might interest everyone. I know you have a cricket brain and could be quite helpful and offer some insights about HDCA juniors on their forum and Falcons players and games etc. I'm happy and I think the player you refer to is also rapt that you think your opinion of talent is better than subbies or district coaches. Good luck with your next post.

Goliath;406227 said:
I just knew you would place a personal insult soon and thanks for not disappointing me. Instead of posting personal crap try something that might interest everyone. I know you have a cricket brain and could be quite helpful and offer some insights about HDCA juniors on their forum and Falcons players and games etc. I'm happy and I think the player you refer to is also rapt that you think your opinion of talent is better than subbies or district coaches. Good luck with your next post.

Ah ruddy you started it, but unfortunately you couldn't finish it.
Don't worry lion, he will still be able to bowl 3rd change and bat 7 in the jimmy snitzel sheild...

Goliath;406126 said:
Spot on theory.Apparently a south eastern region that is in a future growth corridor will be split in 2 to even up the competition. Makes it interesting to see how strong our region will become with population exploding in areas such as Whittlesea ,Diamond Creek ,Yarrambat etc. Lets hope the boys that get a gig this year make the most of it, enjoy themselves and chalk up a few wins in Falcons last year.

I heard the southern region would be split in two, if cowboys and falcons merge they still wont be close to winning a chunck of games....would be interesting to see the falcon-cowboy team for the 2011/12 pathway comp, I suggest a new coach in each year level to overcome possible alliances that have been formed between players and coach (ie a cowboys coach coaching the team hence 8 cowboy kids to 5 falcon kids) is that a possibility?

Keep Wandering;406922 said:
I heard the southern region would be split in two, if cowboys and falcons merge they still wont be close to winning a chunck of games....would be interesting to see the falcon-cowboy team for the 2011/12 pathway comp, I suggest a new coach in each year level to overcome possible alliances that have been formed between players and coach (ie a cowboys coach coaching the team hence 8 cowboy kids to 5 falcon kids) is that a possibility?

That is a good and fair enough question. To answer it I think we need to keep in mind that the coaches are sanctioned by the Cricket Victoria Region Manager. I would certainly expect that such appointed coach would have their sights firmly fixed on the region's interests. The reality is that the outcomes reflect on the coach as well anyway. Also while I know it is nice to win and we feel all warm and fuzzy when that happens, it would be fair to say that the carnival is primarily a development pathway. That is it's primary aim is actually to seed player experience at a higher level for those that appear to have future potential. If that can be achieved to better the players ability and development, then being successful from a team results perspective is a bonus.

Of course others may have a different point of view and fair enough. :)

ari gold;406254 said:
Ah ruddy you started it, but unfortunately you couldn't finish it.
Don't worry lion, he will still be able to bowl 3rd change and bat 7 in the jimmy snitzel sheild...

Ruddy hell Ari??? I am trying to follow this exchange between you and Goliath and I'm lost.

Is this some sort of sour grapes exchange because this Ruddy or whoever you are talking of is further up the order in the Snitzelberger 3rds than you, the lion and also swifty?

Early pre-season team line up predictions for you all are in fact....

Batting
No.
7 - Ruddy (looks like you were correct)
8 - Swifty (said he would play but only if Ari and the lion play. If they don't turn up he never performs)
9 - the lion ( only after heated debates between his mummy & the coach)
10 - Ari Gold ( low in the order due to lack of training , spending all his time on Big Cricket apparently)

Bowling
Ruddy = 3rd change ( looks like you are on the money again)
Swifty = (out due to broken toe, inverted left thumb, swollen voice box and both feet rotated 180 degrees, tragic)
the lion = under consideration ( has been making many outrageous claims lately regarding his supposed right to captain the Snitzelbergers. May not even make the side. Well unless mummy gets involved that is )
Ari Gold - No guernsey ( known as the pie man - there have been complaints lately that his deliveries are always late. )

Sound like you shouldn't have any complaints there Ari. Straight forward really!

onemoreover;407017 said:
Ruddy hell Ari??? I am trying to follow this exchange between you and Goliath and I'm lost.

Is this some sort of sour grapes exchange because this Ruddy or whoever you are talking of is further up the order in the Snitzelberger 3rds than you, the lion and also swifty?

Early pre-season team line up predictions for you all are in fact....

Batting
No.
7 - Ruddy (looks like you were correct)
8 - Swifty (said he would play but only if Ari and the lion play. If they don't turn up he never performs)
9 - the lion ( only after heated debates between his mummy & the coach)
10 - Ari Gold ( low in the order due to lack of training , spending all his time on Big Cricket apparently)

Bowling
Ruddy = 3rd change ( looks like you are on the money again)
Swifty = (out due to broken toe, inverted left thumb, swollen voice box and both feet rotated 180 degrees, tragic)
the lion = under consideration ( has been making many outrageous claims lately regarding his supposed right to captain the Snitzelbergers. May not even make the side. Well unless mummy gets involved that is )
Ari Gold - No guernsey ( known as the pie man - there have been complaints lately that his deliveries are always late. )

Sound like you shouldn't have any complaints there Ari. Straight forward really!

Mate you have completely lost the plot, you must be from the edinburgh way to have the ability to think up such a strange post.
I currently have no idea what you are talking about and i recommend you see a psychologist, it's for your own good.

ari gold;407020 said:
Mate you have completely lost the plot, you must be from the edinburgh way to have the ability to think up such a strange post.
I currently have no idea what you are talking about and i recommend you see a psychologist, it's for your own good.

LOL :p

You could be correct. But then you are often observed around here talking to yourself so I am reluctant to take your advice. But thanks anyway. :D

onemoreover;406972 said:
That is a good and fair enough question. To answer it I think we need to keep in mind that the coaches are sanctioned by the Cricket Victoria Region Manager. I would certainly expect that such appointed coach would have their sights firmly fixed on the region's interests. The reality is that the outcomes reflect on the coach as well anyway. Also while I know it is nice to win and we feel all warm and fuzzy when that happens, it would be fair to say that the carnival is primarily a development pathway. That is it's primary aim is actually to seed player experience at a higher level for those that appear to have future potential. If that can be achieved to better the players ability and development, then being successful from a team results perspective is a bonus.

Of course others may have a different point of view and fair enough. :)

I believe cricket victoria was looking to merge the two teams because cowboys and falcons are never competitive (unless against each other), which reflects on only 20 local teams per each region, that was my point on not winning games...would agree about it being all about fast-tracking players abilities

Keep Wandering;407160 said:
I believe cricket victoria was looking to merge the two teams because cowboys and falcons are never competitive (unless against each other), which reflects on only 20 local teams per each region, that was my point on not winning games...would agree about it being all about fast-tracking players abilities

Point taken :)

A bit off topic but with the new format for Divisions this season,
Who do we think will make 1st Division and who will be stuck in the magoos??

And has there been any player movements across the off-season???

GoodAreas;408683 said:
A bit off topic but with the new format for Divisions this season,
Who do we think will make 1st Division and who will be stuck in the magoos??

And has there been any player movements across the off-season???

south morang to be strong with teague and mcgaw added to boost a lethal bowling attack

The 16 (1) will be a very strong comp this year. I think Lower Plenty, Diamond Creek, Thomastown United, South Morang, North Eltham and Riverside should all have strong seasons. It will be very interesting to see who will make the top 4 and what players will shine this season.

batting allrounder;409498 said:
The 16 (1) will be a very strong comp this year. I think Lower Plenty, Diamond Creek, Thomastown United, South Morang, North Eltham and Riverside should all have strong seasons. It will be very interesting to see who will make the top 4 and what players will shine this season.

thomo, north eltham wont be competitive, NE need sandy to fire to have any chance....make sure you just Riverside into that group :D

Keep Wandering;409506 said:
thomo, north eltham wont be competitive, NE need sandy to fire to have any chance....make sure you just Riverside into that group :D

Too be honest mate, I reckon you guys will go alright. Not a bad bowling attack and If Luke can make a good +75 every game they will go alright.

Ivé heard rumours that St.Francis and Thomastown U may be joining forces so they'll be tough too beat.

Riverside will also be tough to beat as we are going to have a lot of depth. There isn't a bad player in our team and We will have a strong bowling attack. As well as 4 or 5 classy bats.;)

batting allrounder;409545 said:
Too be honest mate, I reckon you guys will go alright. Not a bad bowling attack and If Luke can make a good +75 every game they will go alright.

Ivé heard rumours that St.Francis and Thomastown U may be joining forces so they'll be tough too beat.

Riverside will also be tough to beat as we are going to have a lot of depth. There isn't a bad player in our team and We will have a strong bowling attack. As well as 4 or 5 classy bats.;)

yeah well hopefully i can have a few good partnerships with sandy this year

Pretty sure you bat in pairs mate :)

Interesting to see the rankings of the teams on the DVCA website for 16 (1)
It was ranked on how many good players they think each side has.

Here they are:
(1) Lower Plenty
(2) Diamond Creek
(3) Thomastown/St.Francis
(4) South Morang
(5) North Eltham Wanderers
(6) Riverside
(7) Research
(8) Eltham
(9) Macleod
(10) Epping

I personally think South Morang are a little bit high, they may surprise me during the year. I would've expected Diamond Creek to be ranked no.1 and maybe Lower down a 2 or 3. And Eltham with only one player Lamont surely aren't as good as Macleod.

batting allrounder;409650 said:
Pretty sure you bat in pairs mate :)

Interesting to see the rankings of the teams on the DVCA website for 16 (1)
It was ranked on how many good players they think each side has.

Here they are:
(1) Lower Plenty
(2) Diamond Creek
(3) Thomastown/St.Francis
(4) South Morang
(6) Riverside
(7) Research
(8) Eltham
(9) Macleod
(10) Epping

I personally think South Morang are a little bit high, they may surprise me during the year. I would've expected Diamond Creek to be ranked no.1 and maybe Lower down a 2 or 3. And Eltham with only one player Lamont surely aren't as good as Macleod.

Here they are:
(1) Lower Plenty
(2) Diamond Creek
(3) South Morang
(4) Thomastown/St.Francis
(6) Riverside
(7) Eltham
(8) Research
(9) Macleod
(10) Epping

Thats how i would rank them

Keep Wandering;409658 said:
Here they are:
(1) Lower Plenty
(2) Diamond Creek
(3) South Morang
(4) Thomastown/St.Francis
(6) Riverside
(7) Eltham
(8) Research
(9) Macleod
(10) Epping

Thats how i would rank them

Why Eltham so high and Macleod so low? Macleod still have Alavi.

Back